T-Mobile Pulse -> Next Phone?

Guest twe

Hi guys, kind of lost hope with the T-Mobile Pulse and I a due an upgrade on my contract too.

Was wondering what phones people have moved onto?

I know there is a price difference between these but what are your thoughts?

IPhone 4

HTC Desire

Google Nexus One

Samsung Galaxy S

Am hoping the Galaxy S will have a bigger following but its early days as its just come out....

Edited by twe

Guest Spooke
Hi guys, kind of lost hope with the T-Mobile Pulse and I a due an upgrade on my contract too.

IPhone 4

HTC Desire

Google Nexus One

Samsung Galaxy S

Am hoping the Galaxy S will have a bigger following but its early days as its just come out....

I would personally get iPhone 4 , but if its android I would defiently get the Galaxy S ;), not really any reasons but they just both seem like really nice phones :(

Guest _Bobby

Do you know if the froyo has resolved the multi touch problem in the Nexus? The Google's phone is a pretty good deal - always gets the updates first.

Guest Simon O

iPhone has nice hardware but don't expect to have it jailbroken for some time.

Android has nice phones available. In the UK the current best are HTC Desire and Nexus One. Would be nice if we ever got something like the EVO here.

Guest Epic-Emodude

Android has nice phones available. In the UK the current best are HTC Desire and Nexus One. Would be nice if we ever got something like the EVO here.

http://www.redmondpie.com/redsn0w-0.9.5-ja...os-4.0-9140657/

=)

Edited by Epic-Emodude

Guest gusthy

IPhone 4

HTC Desire

Google Nexus One

Samsung Galaxy S

desire ;) nexus is limited to us networks afaik.

iphone 4 is a great phone, but its limitations and apple market policy is against my opinion about freedom and liberty

Guest gusthy

It is jailbroken already ;)

Guest Azurren

Imo:

Samsung Galaxy S > Google Nexus One > HTC Desire > IPhone 4

Like many others, unless you are an "Apple Fanboy", you will probably be disappointed with the iPhone 4

Warning! Owning an iPhone puts you at serious risk of becoming an "Apple Fanboy"!

Put it this way; How many times to you change the look / theme of your phone? ;)

Edited by Azurren

Guest Speckles

I think of it like this: Do you want to be told what software your phone will run, or do you want to decide?

Secondly, I'm not sure I like Apple's "We can locate, screengrab, erase, and brick any phone we like, remotely." attitude (I'd also love to know how this works and whether you can bypass it by installing, eg. Android on your iPhone ;))

[Yes, I'm aware Apple now provide some of this big-brother functionality to end-users]

Don't get me wrong, I'd love the iPhone 4 hardware (512MB RAM, drool). I just think the OS (and the people behind the OS) suck/s :(

Guest Speckles
I'd get the Nexus One, because that phone is always first with all the android upgrades.
Could that be because it's designed by Google perhaps? ;)

Guest le_lutin
Could that be because it's designed by Google perhaps? ;)

I've just bought an HTC desire today. I'm on an o2 simplicity 1 month rolling contract. It cost 285 pounds, but you have to have been with o2 for 3 months.

Was very tempted to go for iPhone today when i saw three's tariffs; 500 mins, 2000 texts and 1gb of data for 30 quid per month and the phone costs 99 for the 16gb. For me that's pretty good value.

I'm not an apple fan by any means, but iPhone 4 is the most tempting iphone yet. Camera quality looks fantastic.

Edited by le_lutin

Guest Ashbeard

I despise all the hype that surrounds Apple and the way they claim credit for inventing damn near everything. I will admit that their phones are good, but usually the features lag behind other phones and they cost more. Three are offering me an iPhone as an upgrade but they will announce the prices tomorrow.

Guest thealexweb
I would personally get iPhone 4 , but if its android I would defiently get the Galaxy S ;), not really any reasons but they just both seem like really nice phones :(

The Galaxy S does not run Android it runs some propriety crap from Samsung called SPAM, pretty much no support for the platform.

Guest Rem1x
The Galaxy S does not run Android it runs some propriety crap from Samsung called SPAM, pretty much no support for the platform.

The Galaxy S does run android, and that would be my choice out of the phones today!

Guest le_lutin

You’re thinking of the Samsung Wave

Guest Azurren
The Galaxy S does run android, and that would be my choice out of the phones today!

Samsungs mods for the galexy s are actually quite useful. Not the usual bloatware that's for sure.

I know there is a price difference, surprised nobody mentioned that one, as the Apple IPhone 4 is over double the price of the other phones on contract.

Yes the Galaxy S definitely has Android 2.1 and they said 2.2 will be out before the end of the year, although that seems a long time if 2.3 comes out by then.

Am glad that the xda developers website has a section for the phone so am definitely hoping to see if roms come out for it.

Going to call Vodafone and see what deals they can do for me tomorrow after work.

Probably a good idea to see what happens with the IPhones as there is meant to be issues with calls dropping out depending on how the phone is held.

Guest le_lutin
I know there is a price difference, surprised nobody mentioned that one, as the Apple IPhone 4 is over double the price of the other phones on contract.

Not too sure about that.

With Three it's £99 quid for the 16gb iphone 4 and that gets you 500 anytime, any network mins (with 2000 mins to other 3 users) with 2000 texts and 1gb of data.

I think you'd struggle to find a comparable deal on a comparable Android phone.

As I said i'm no apple fan (I have a Pulse and I've just bought a desire)

I'm going to wait and see how the community around the Galaxy S develops - I'm very tempted. Deals with the Desire tend to be slightly cheaper at the moment, but I'm assuming that will normalise in a month or so.

Guest Speckles
With Three it's £99 quid for the 16gb iphone 4 and that gets you 500 anytime, any network mins (with 2000 mins to other 3 users) with 2000 texts and 1gb of data.

I think you'd struggle to find a comparable deal on a comparable Android phone.

Not an Android, but a better deal for iPhone4 is Tesco - 16gb iPhone 4 for £19 with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, etc, etc over 24 months.

£229 if you want a 12 month contract with 750 minutes/month.