HTC HERO Custom rom help

Guest ShippStylez

Guest ShippStylez

Alright ive messed around on my phone enough to where i got it to stick on the white with green letters htc screen.... brought it to sprint got it fixed. alright my problem is. i dont really understand any of this. ive been on this website for hours. I dont want to get the screen again. so where do i start. please dont send me to a tut. because obviously those are not working.i believe i have it rooted the right way. the one click way didnt work so i did it threw cmd. then i see 2.2 modaco and 3.2 modaco. i just got my htc hero... like not even a month ago. i downgraded my rom i believe but dont know if its right. i installed the modaco 3.2 but after i did the reboot out of recovery manager it just stayed on the white background with green letters saying htc. so what am i doing wrong.

sorry i know i know. there are plenty of posts about this. but it really doesnt make saense and i dont wanna take another trip to sprint.

PLEEEEEAAASSSEEEE HELP

Guest ShippStylez

alright so its working.

How do i get into the command promt to do app2sd... or set my card up with it...

and can i delete all the stuff on my mem card? if ive installed all of it?

Guest ShippStylez

no one?

i always hear you can do so much with a rooted phone. well mine is rooted. wtf do i do? its quicker i like that :lol: i just did the modaco one. dont know if its the best or not. but would like some feedback. since i am new to all this. and i have been looking around the site as well.

Guest Dr. dre
no one?

i always hear you can do so much with a rooted phone. well mine is rooted. wtf do i do? its quicker i like that :lol: i just did the modaco one. dont know if its the best or not. but would like some feedback. since i am new to all this. and i have been looking around the site as well.

MCR r5 is stablest ROM between all other 2.1 ROM's out there, But if you want to squeeze out more performance from your phone then you can go for an Overclocked kernal ROM, For that I highly suggest you to go for ChoclateEclair 1.0.1

here :-

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=702215

Guest ShippStylez

alright cool thanks

but how do i get my apps2sd?

can i reformate my sd card without my phone freaking out (since its a custom rom)

Guest ShippStylez

or how do i partition it in recovery mode. i have a 4gb sdhc card.

i dont understand how to do it so if someone could help me out i would appreciate that.