Boot Animations

Guest daveycarter

Guest daveycarter

I've now got my Pulse as I want it, running Oscillation, with A2SD, Barnacle, etc, etc.

However, I have seen some pretty cool boot animations but after having downloaded them I cant get them to install as it keeps failing.

I am doing a restart and holding down the red key and menu. I am them choosing to flash from zip but each time I try to do this it picks he file up then fails.

What am I doing wrong (sorry sounding thick).

Cheers,

Dave

Guest Azurren
I've now got my Pulse as I want it, running Oscillation, with A2SD, Barnacle, etc, etc.

However, I have seen some pretty cool boot animations but after having downloaded them I cant get them to install as it keeps failing.

I am doing a restart and holding down the red key and menu. I am them choosing to flash from zip but each time I try to do this it picks he file up then fails.

What am I doing wrong (sorry sounding thick).

Cheers,

Dave

You have to push them to your device using adb. They go into the /system/media/ folder.

You need the android SDK installed to do this.

This is very complicated.. Hopefully someone will convert the custom boot screens available into and easy to use signed zip.

Guest daveycarter
You have to push them to your device using adb. They go into the /system/media/ folder.

This is very complicated.. Hopefully someone will convert the custom boot screens available into and easy to use signed zip.

Thanks for letting me know. Looks like waiting for some kind sole to sort this out or add it into a custom rom.............

Any offers????? ;) :(

Guest Fusion0306

Someone who knows how to do that could build a generic update.zip with META-INF and whatnot. And we would just put our bootanimation.zips in that update.zip and it would work ;)

Now just to find somebody who is willing to do that :(

Guest BigBearMDC
Someone who knows how to do that could build a generic update.zip with META-INF and whatnot. And we would just put our bootanimation.zips in that update.zip and it would work ;)

Now just to find somebody who is willing to do that :(

That should be easy...

/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.0 (me, the great BoBo xD)

Name: system/media/bootanimation.zip
SHA1-Digest: 4/27bjkjnPWSsTxF9/xY+dqGl+E=[/code] Note: the SHA1-Digest has to be regenerated, this is only an example. A SHA1-Digest generator is in our Pulse Dropbox folder. CERT.SF and CERT.RSA are generated by AndroidSign. /META-INF/com/google/android/update-script:
[code]show_progress 0.1 0

copy_dir PACKAGE:system SYSTEM:

show_progress 0.1 10

show_progress 0.2 0

show_progress 0.2 10

That should do the trick (I think, try it at our own risk!).

Just sign it with AndroidSign afterwards and flash it.

Best regards,

BigBear

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Fusion0306
No problem :(

Just hit "Datei öffnen".

Best regards,

BigBear

where shoud I put this file? and what should be in that folder? sorry ;)

Guest Fusion0306
where shoud I put this file? and what should be in that folder? sorry ;)

Okay, I got it. I should open bootanimation with it and than copy "Schlussel"- key after the "SHA1-Digest:" in the MANIFEST.MF

I'm signing files with Android Commander (it's using SignApk.jar to sign files). Will it generate the CERT.SF and CERT.RSA files like AndroidSign?

P.s. bootanimation.zip should be in the correct folder structure, right? (/system/media)

zip option: normal or store?

Thank you!

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest BigBearMDC
Okay, I got it. I should open bootanimation with it and than copy "Schlussel"- key after the "SHA1-Digest:" in the MANIFEST.MF

I'm signing files with Android Commander (it's using SignApk.jar to sign files). Will it generate the CERT.SF and CERT.RSA files like AndroidSign?

P.s. bootanimation.zip should be in the correct folder structure, right? (/system/media)

zip option: normal or store?

Thank you!

Yap, bootanimation should be in /system/media.

Zip option: store

I'm using AndroidSign, and it generates CERT.SF and CERT.RSA.

Android Commander should do it also ;)

Best regards,

BigBear

PS: I'm right now writing a short tool that makes this all, except signing it. Should be finished in ~1h maximum :(

Guest Fusion0306
Yap, bootanimation should be in /system/media.

Zip option: store

I'm using AndroidSign, and it generates CERT.SF and CERT.RSA.

Android Commander should do it also ;)

Best regards,

BigBear

PS: I'm right now writing a short tool that makes this all, except signing it. Should be finished in ~1h maximum :(

If I were gay, I'd marry you! :) (Disclaimer: No offence to gay people, I have nothing against them!)

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest daveycarter
If I were gay, I'd marry you! ;) (Disclaimer: No offence to gay people, I have nothing against them!)

All sounds great (is doble Dutch to me be sounds great - no offence to the Dutch).

Has anyone just got a file a total noob like me could just flash from zip?

:( :)

Guest Fusion0306
All sounds great (is doble Dutch to me be sounds great - no offence to the Dutch).

Has anyone just got a file a total noob like me could just flash from zip?

;) :(

I will put all my bootanimations in update. zip as soon as I get it to work. Tried to flash but I had an update script error

Nandroid backup FTW

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest daveycarter
I will put all my bootanimations in update. zip as soon as I get it to work. Tried to flash but I had an update script error

Nandroid backup FTW

Your a star!!!! Can't wait......

Cheers,

Dave

Guest BigBearMDC

Nandroid backup FTW

Might you please post the error you got?

Guest Fusion0306
Might you please post the error you got?

I forgot it so I did it again :(

post-688453-1277467711_thumb.jpg

BTW: CERT.SF and CERT.RSA are generated ;)

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest BigBearMDC
I forgot it so I did it again :)

post-688453-1277467711_thumb.jpg

BTW: CERT.SF and CERT.RSA are generated ;)

Ah okay, syntax errors means I used the wrong formatting or something similar :(

Guest Fusion0306
Ah okay, syntax errors means I used the wrong formatting or something similar ;)

I'm too pumped up now to stop trying :( Tell me what to put in the update-script so I can try again :)

Guest BigBearMDC
I'm too pumped up now to stop trying :( Tell me what to put in the update-script so I can try again :)

okay ;)

try that:

show_progress 0.1 0
show_progress 0.2 10[/code]

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest Fusion0306
okay ;)

try that:

show_progress 0.1 0

show_progress 0.2 10
same error :( This is the line from the update-script from espresso framework. Maybe it will help in some way:
copy_dir PACKAGE:framework SYSTEM:framework

Guest BigBearMDC
same error :)

This is the line from the update-script from espresso framework. Maybe it will help in some way:

copy_dir PACKAGE:framework SYSTEM:framework

I've now finished my tool ;)

Try it with that first, if that still doesn't work I can try some other things :(

I guess the errors was that I used "\n" for a new line, but I have to use "\r\n".

Should work now.

Best regards,

BigBear

Release.rar

Edited by BigBearMDC

Guest daveycarter

Try it with that first, if that still doesn't work I can try some other things :(

I guess the errors was that I used "\n" for a new line, but I have to use "\r\n".

Should work now.

Best regards,

BigBear

Do I run this from inside Android or through my start up menu?

Guest Fusion0306

Should work now.

Best regards,

BigBear

This works only for bootanimations or for, let's say, frameworks also?

OMG!!! It's that easy :D Nice little teaser :) Hope it works. Will try now!

Edited by Fusion0306

Guest BigBearMDC
This works only for bootanimations or for let's say, frameworks also?

This works for all files that are stored in /system/media.

But changing this could be done with very little effort ;)

Best regads,

BigBear