FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]

Guest phhusson

Guest Quipeace
I set it again & again ............

black screen to boot main screen.

I return LCR 1.7 now!! so bad new froyo release than before. :lol: unsuccessary

What are you talking about, pretty much everyone managed to install FRF50, even those who had problems before managed to install by first flashing a LCR. (I suppose any rom would work).

So camera and video don't work, I personally -never- use them so yes, it's usable -for me-, sms is working fine here and you have to download Flash from the market because it's an optional plugin.

Experiencing something as usable is personal, for you camera and video playback are dealbreakers, but perhaps not for others.

@mmkim, what steps did you perform to install Froyo? Did you have a rom installed before, or did you start off with a clean 1.000.5?

@phh, could you please send the first boot image (the froyo one) in png/jpg/bmp format if you have it? I have a nice idea for a boot animation and I have no idea how to extract it from the boot image...

Edited by Quipeace

Guest phhusson
@phh, could you please send the first boot image (the froyo one) in png/jpg/bmp format if you have it? I have a nice idea for a boot animation and I have no idea how to extract it from the boot image...

Oh if you want to draw, I've another idea of splashscreen, see my magnificient scheme: http://husson.hd.free.fr/Froyo.pdf (Froyo written crosswise, the Y looks like a double-froyo and an android eats it, and other letters are sugar cand).

If you don't want to do that, here is the current splash: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2056/senzatitolo2k.png

Guest Teofashion

news about fixed bug?? can u tell me the value of linpack whit this froyo rom?

Edited by Teofashion

Guest akira.pwr
Hello I tried this also, after starting with LCR 1.6 and trough STREAM... and now I revert to LCR 1.7 , actually testing OC kernels and themes. I do not understand people saying this FRF50 could be used , sorry, no camera/video, I couldn t use flash 10.1, bad SMS retrieves, so ? Maybe I missed smthing ? (I didn't tell of all other known issues ). It is a test lab, ok, not for everyday. Regards and everyway, thanks for all your efforts.

I don't take photos and videos everydays, I don't use flash 10.1 everydays, my sms works fine, so my mobile phone do his job, call, send and receive sms, internet, wifi... Only graphic bugs are annoing me a little, but as telephone is perfectly usable daily.

Guest Quipeace
Beautyfullll, i hope somebody do an animation with it :lol:

Was actually working on it yesterday but I can't get it smooth enough to make it look like something I'd put on my phone.

I was actually making the andriod eat the (ph/f)royo and get a brainfreeze, looked nice on my pc but choppy on the phone (because it obviously got other things to do besides showing a bootanimation).

I'm a terrible artist, prefer to be working from someone elses work, so I don't think I'll get phh's idea looking good even without animations :/.

EDIT: Just realised that the animation probably runs terrible because I'm using 480*800 images, I think that is a little too much to handle?

Edited by Quipeace

Guest akira.pwr
Was actually working on it yesterday but I can't get it smooth enough to make it look like something I'd put on my phone.

I was actually making the andriod eat the (ph/f)royo and get a brainfreeze, looked nice on my pc but choppy on the phone (because it obviously got other things to do besides showing a bootanimation).

I'm a terrible artist, prefer to be working from someone elses work, so I don't think I'll get phh's idea looking good even without animations :/.

EDIT: Just realised that the animation probably runs terrible because I'm using 480*800 images, I think that is a little too much to handle?

I'm not good to do anything about pics/boot, so anything nice you'll do it's appreciate, i like this pic, but i can't use as wallpaper too because it's too large, can you reduce it, at least?

Guest Edward.W

Try to resize it to a lower resolution or quality, maybe the situation will be better.

The format of the picture is quite obvious in this case :lol:

Guest dr3amz

I appreciate all the work put into these mods but I've had enough of the bugs now phone gets very hot when on a call with this rom and causes the phone to crash/reboot

Guest mmkim
What are you talking about, pretty much everyone managed to install FRF50, even those who had problems before managed to install by first flashing a LCR. (I suppose any rom would work).

So camera and video don't work, I personally -never- use them so yes, it's usable -for me-, sms is working fine here and you have to download Flash from the market because it's an optional plugin.

Experiencing something as usable is personal, for you camera and video playback are dealbreakers, but perhaps not for others.

@mmkim, what steps did you perform to install Froyo? Did you have a rom installed before, or did you start off with a clean 1.000.5?

it bootup first time to main screen is black screen.

I flash it on 1.100.05 three times.....but unsuccess.

so, I return to LCR 1.7.

hope it next version success by eclair kernel make froyo to flash.

just flash this version have a flash bug in it. I flash first froyo release no this problem. I give up now!! :lol:

Guest akira.pwr
I appreciate all the work put into these mods but I've had enough of the bugs now phone gets very hot when on a call with this rom and causes the phone to crash/reboot

The first version of froyo was terrible over heat, but this second it's not so hot, i can use my device during charge, i do anything without reach the warning temperature (I've set at 45 celsius), can't be some background working app who cause it?

Edited by akira.pwr

Guest dr3amz
I 've found that the battery drain quite fast when I am using 3G connection, quite sudden to me.

nope literally no apps loaded, 2 minutes if that on the phone and its heating up like england in front of a firing squad! back to solid / stable 2.1 for me with no issues, no reason to go to froyo bar the added wallpapers etc on marketplace that dont show on eclair, flash 10 beta (which is still juddery on some sites anyway and unusable over 3g as its so choppy).

ho hum! :lol:

Guest dr3amz
I 've found that the battery drain quite fast when I am using 3G connection, quite sudden to me.

nope literally no apps loaded, 2 minutes if that on the phone and its heating up like england in front of a firing squad! back to solid / stable 2.1 for me with no issues, no reason to go to froyo bar the added wallpapers etc on marketplace that dont show on eclair, flash 10 beta (which is still juddery on some sites anyway and unusable over 3g as its so choppy).

ho hum! :lol:

Guest Edward.W

ho hum! :D

I love trying new stuff :D

I am that kind of people, although 2.1 is much more stable than the present Froyo, but I think I'll keep this ROM for some time

(Unless I really need the camera and video recorder :lol: )

Guest Edward.W
Gallery freezes and no video can be played. Is it something to do with H.264?

Thanks for your great work!

Gallery works for me, but the video problem still not fixed yet :lol:

This got to take some time

Guest phhusson

I added a build without the wifi sleep fix, and with static voltage scaling. It should dramatically improves battery life, but you have to disable wifi during sleep.

Guest davidevinavil
I added a build without the wifi sleep fix, and with static voltage scaling. It should dramatically improves battery life, but you have to disable wifi during sleep.

Hi PHH are you sure about the last fix?

Because the file is named Froyo-v3.zip

Thank for your work :lol: :D