FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]

Guest phhusson

Guest Piter1225
Help me... i flashed the 4.2 version but now my liquid can't read the sd partition!!

Always show me that the sd partition has a unkown file system, why?

Because you have ext2 (app2sd) partition on sd card

Guest Vash86
Because you have ext2 (app2sd) partition on sd card

Yes i had formatted as ext2 but with the malez recovery i make the "ext2 to ext3" function, so now i have a ext3, right?

Yes i had formatted as ext2 but with the malez recovery i make the "ext2 to ext3" function, so now i have a ext3, right?

ext2 and ext3 aren't much different apart from the added journaling in ext3. So, I don't know how phhroyo is gonna behave with ext3.. try formatting it to some other type like fat, and see if that works. i don't use this rom so i don't know whether or not this is the exact solution, but u can always give it a shot. just backup ure data and format it.

Guest Vash86

The problem is the fat32 partition.. if i open the photocamera the app say me that i must insert a sdcard. i have formatted the sd card 5 minutes ago from the malez recovery!

96mb swap

380mb ext2 - after "etx2 to etx3"

remaining fat32

but the rom can't see the fat32...

The problem is the fat32 partition.. if i open the photocamera the app say me that i must insert a sdcard. i have formatted the sd card 5 minutes ago from the malez recovery!

96mb swap

remaining fat32

as far as I know, the sd must have NO ext partition on it for this rom to work! (@ phh if im wrong please don't rant me :huh:)

Why? The app2sd not use the ext partition? Use the fat partition?

i never used app2sd, and i don't use froyo (as yet), so i don't know... but im sure there are plenty of other users here who might be able to help u out

Guest Vash86
You must have NO ext2 partition on your sdcard.

Infact..

96mb swap

remaining fat32

Guest Borkata

sdcard should be fat32 formated and yes no ext2 or ext3 partitions.

App2sd method in Froyo is different from the one we know in previous versions, ie Google has decided to use fat partition to write apps.

Infact..

96mb swap

remaining fat32

If I remember correctly the system only detects (& mounts) the first partition atm.

So it doesn't matter if your second partition is ext2 oder 3 or btrfs or whatever - it shouldn't work.

Guest Vash86
sdcard should be fat32 formated and yes no ext2 or ext3 partitions.

App2sd method in Froyo is different from the one we know in previous versions, ie Google has decided to use fat partition to write apps.

Nothing.. i have formatted with the malez recovery

96mb swap

0mb ext2

remainer fat32

but on the notification bar always show me that the sd card has an unkown file system...

Guest sette7nani
Nothing.. i have formatted with the malez recovery

96mb swap

0mb ext2

remainer fat32

but on the notification bar always show me that the sd card has an unkown file system...

try without swap :huh:

Guest liquid_it
I don't think anyone mentioned this before, but multitouch works kind of weird on Phhroyo. When the points of contact are either next to each other or on top of each other, they sort of lock onto the x or y axes respectively. When this lock is removed (ie. fingers are moved far away from the shared axes), sometimes the points of contact will swap (ie. the one that was on the left is controlled by the right finger, while the one on the right is controlled by the left finger). I can't really explain, you should all try out yourselves. Here's the AppBrain link to a FroYo Multitouch testing app: http://www.appbrain.com/app/de.greenrobot.multitouchtest

Its a touch panel issue, not froyo-related. Same issue is present on Htc Desire an Nexus One panels, while Samsung Galaxy & Motorola Milestone touchscreens work fine.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Its not only phhroyo bug, its Acers fault, check out some videos on YT showing that bug.

Yes, but I'm still getting point inversion. I thought phh's TS driver fixed point inversion... looked up the problem on YT as you said, and I've found that the Nexus One also has the same problem (maybe it isn't a hardware problem after all?).

Guest liquid_it
Yes, but I'm still getting point inversion. I thought phh's TS driver fixed point inversion... looked up the problem on YT as you said, and I've found that the Nexus One also has the same problem (maybe it isn't a hardware problem after all?).

unfortunately it is.

our capacitive screen afaik is not exactly a "multitouch" while milestone touchscreen is.

the software takes care of emulating somehow multitouch behaviour, but gets confused when the 2-finger gesture overlaps one of the 2 axis..

you can google on nexus one multitoch bug, or Synaptics Clearpad 2000.

Guest sette7nani

i'm back to this froyo rom 'til vache fix his desire rom. (if it will) :huh:

@phhusson : there is a way to port sense here?

i mean...only the launcher...or there is framework problems (like stream) ?

Edited by sette7nani

Guest phhusson
ext2 and ext3 aren't much different apart from the added journaling in ext3. So, I don't know how phhroyo is gonna behave with ext3.. try formatting it to some other type like fat, and see if that works. i don't use this rom so i don't know whether or not this is the exact solution, but u can always give it a shot. just backup ure data and format it.

The actual problem is that vold (the things that take care of the sdcard), reads only ONE partition. I'm not sure if it reads the last one or the first one. It seems it's the last one. Anyway, that means that it could be two fat32, a fat32 and a hpfs(OS/2 thing ;)) , or whatever, the problem will be the same. One possible workaround might be to put the vfat as partition 4, and leave ext2 as partition 1. But I'm really not sure of that :(

Basically, the capacitive technology gives not point coordinates, but x values where the points are, and y values. So we don't know which point is where.

So, to work around that, you must track the fingers. Theorically there is no problem with that. But when you actually do that, there are big troubles because of the precision of the screen. First, simply the refresh rate, points "jump", and the guess is to say the point is the one the nearest. Now, the real problem can be noticed easily, move two fingers on the same x (or y axis), move them from like 10 pixels on the x(or y) axis. They'll still appear on the same axis. That's because of the anti noise filtering (I think). As said earlier some other phones don't have such problems, but I've been told they are way more noisy.

@phhusson : there is a way to port sense here?

i mean...only the launcher...or there is framework problems (like stream) ?

frameworks problem, but also libhardware_legacy problems, and likely many others. I really don't play with that. I might work again on vache's Sense build.

Edit: forgot to end my TS comment :huh:

Edited by phhusson

Guest Vash86

With this rom how many often do you have to charge the phone?

This morning 100%, now 15:10... 25%!!!

This rom drink the battery like i drink a coca cola!

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Try turning off WiFi whenever you don't use it: I've found it sucks more battery power than it did on Eclair ROMs, even during WiFi Sleep. Only problem with always turning off your WiFi is that the phone reboots occasionally after you turn WiFi off (been messing around with this, and it seems it never happens when you turn off WiFi for the first time after a boot, and the more times you turn WiFi off, the higher chance of a reboot the next time you turn it off).

Guest phhusson

Try turning off WiFi whenever you don't use it: I've found it sucks more battery power than it did on Eclair ROMs, even during WiFi Sleep. Only problem with always turning off your WiFi is that the phone reboots occasionally after you turn WiFi off (been messing around with this, and it seems it never happens when you turn off WiFi for the first time after a boot, and the more times you turn WiFi off, the higher chance of a reboot the next time you turn it off).

WiFi is definitely not the problem by itself. On one try I got 10% of battery loss in circa 8hours. On another one, I got 50%. I think I'll have to run powertop to know what the problem actually is...