FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]

Guest phhusson

Guest sunshine333

Do you have to install another boot.img to get overclocking to work? SetCPU allows me to select higher than 768mhz but never shows the phone going faster than that.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Do you have to install another boot.img to get overclocking to work? SetCPU allows me to select higher than 768mhz but never shows the phone going faster than that.

The frequency of your CPU will scale depending on use. Probably the reason it's never going higher is because nothing running in the background requires it to go higher (a weird case of the proverb "a watched pot never boils"). This is to save battery life. If you're really worried about your overclock not working, you could try setting the governor to performance, or run a Stress Test and try to "catch" the phone running on your overclocked frequency.

@phh, Have you noticed this development yet?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=773798

Desire devs are actively working on the port, it'd be great if you could have a look at it :P

I didn't understand this well ... Is it an app for jailbreaking your PS3 by connecting it with your phone !? Like this new usb dongle that allows you to backup your games ?

That'd be great ... However I can't help developing this ...

Guest thedicemaster
how can i disable the aptic feedback i dont realy understand what is discribed at the first page?! plaese help:)

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/312...v-4-3/page/986/

i posted scripts there that can be imported into gscript(an app for which i also included links)

you can then disable/enable the feedback through gscripts, or through shortcuts you can place on your homescreen.

rebooting the phone will turn the feedback back on though, so you have to run it once every time your phone starts up.

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Hi phhusson, I just wanted you to know that even if Liquid_User released the Froyo Leak the community still needs you :P You should continue your work for a more "stock" Froyo ROM and for other Froyo-based ROMs (CyanogeMod 6, Desire's Sense 2.2 port etc...). You are not useless, you opened a lot of doors: keep them opened :) Wanted to give you my encouragement.

Best wishes,

Andrea1Liqud

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Or you can simply download the zip, go in /system/app and find something like carhome.apk. Nowadays this ROM has stopped his development because of the official froyo, so no one wants to flash this "not fully functional" ROM just to extract an apk. And, with those instructions you can do it on your own, without waiting for another person to do it for you :lol:

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

This ROM has advantages over Acer's Froyo.

No Acer crap, faster, with OC and all the bonus stuff by phh. (MT fix, better LEDs)

But I had very poor battery life on standby with this one, so I stayed on Acer leak.

Guest Andrea1Liquid

Xian said that phhusson gave him important directions on how to improve his CyanogenMod ROM with froyo leak "pieces". So I'm guessing phhusson is still working but "in the shadow" to help the scene going on.

Guest Andrea1Liquid

No Acer crap, faster, with OC and all the bonus stuff by phh. (MT fix, better LEDs)

But I had very poor battery life on standby with this one, so I stayed on Acer leak.

Yeah. Perfectly according to you. I said those things in another topic too. But, as you said, the battery life is very pooooor, while the Froyo Leak has a better battery life even than Eclair (*). But I continue to love the stock look and the smoothness of phhroyo. Unfortunately phhusson stopped the development of this awesome ROM (also 'cause is quite useless ATM due to the Froyo Leak) so the only thing we can do ATM is wait for a Final (yes, with the capital letter :lol:) ROM based on Froyo (*ehm ehm*... Cyanogen...*ehm ehm*...Xian).

(*) 1% / h in Standby with 3G and Data ON

I found by using SetCPU and making a profile that drops the cpu down to 384Mhz max while the Screen if off helped.

Install Juiceplotter to see the difference.

Guest Delnar_Ersike
I found by using SetCPU and making a profile that drops the cpu down to 384Mhz max while the Screen if off helped.

Install Juiceplotter to see the difference.

Actually, that might not help. Though your phone will draw less power when the screen is off (I suggest going all the way to 245 Mhz max and Power Save governor), SetCPU will poll the phone at regular intervals to check if the screen is off. This polling, as you can imagine, drains your batteries, so you might not be saving as much battery power as you may think.

Guest grooltor
You'd still prefer FRF91 over Acer's leaked ROM ?

TBH, I prefer CM6 :lol: Why don't you two (you and Xian) cooperate more? Maybe you can contact Cyanogen to work on a .35 kernel :)

Why not base this on Enom's alpha ROM?

This may sound dumb, but when I was on FRF91 I roughly installed Enom's framework, app and some libs and it worked fine. So it's pretty easy to install.

Well not completely, some Enom's Settings didn't work.

But that way I had some CyanogenMod stuff (Lockscreen music controls, phone contacts browser mods, change music by holding + or - volume key) with decent Quadrant scores (950) and no compatibility issues.

That way we could choose between CyanogenMod by xian and Enom port.

The only reasons for me to choose Acer Leak is bad battery life and Camcorder not working on CM6 and FRF91, so if we see further developments and fixes I would definitely switch from Acer leak to your's.