oClock Custom ROM

Guest oclock

Guest Abnormal1

Does having this Rom installed on my phone cause certain paid apps on the Market to disappear. The reason I ask is I can not find Manga Viewer Paid ever since I rooted and installed 6 o'clock.

Thanks

Abnormal1

Guest Mattias A
Does having this Rom installed on my phone cause certain paid apps on the Market to disappear. The reason I ask is I can not find Manga Viewer Paid ever since I rooted and installed 6 o'clock.

Thanks

Abnormal1

Yes the same for me, some apps are nowhere to be found - Pure Calendar Widget and some other stuff

Guest oclock
Yes the same for me, some apps are nowhere to be found - Pure Calendar Widget and some other stuff

I can find pure calendar widget with 6oCAM !?

oC

Guest Abnormal1

I can find Pure Grid Calendar Widget but im not sure if thats the same. I did find Pure Calendar Widget on androlib but the QR Code loads up as invalid in market.

@oclock

Can you find Manga Viewer Paid on your phone. I can only find the free version and when I emailed the dev apparently its on market.

Guest Mattias A
I can find pure calendar widget with 6oCAM !?

oC

I am from Sweden and we dont have payed apps yet. So with a stock rom you can only see and download payed apps that you have bought before with emulator or marketenabler. But not with any of the 1.23 roms I have tried I can see and download Pure Calendar Widget, not even after using marketenabler. But with all other roms incuding Froyo roms I can see it. Must be something special with the 1.23 roms and Sweden :)

Guest oclock
@oclock

Can you find Manga Viewer Paid on your phone. I can only find the free version and when I emailed the dev apparently its on market.

No, only the free app.

Did you find the paid app with any other ROM?

oC

Guest oclock
I am from Sweden and we dont have payed apps yet. So with a stock rom you can only see and download payed apps that you have bought before with emulator or marketenabler. But not with any of the 1.23 roms I have tried I can see and download Pure Calendar Widget, not even after using marketenabler. But with all other roms incuding Froyo roms I can see it. Must be something special with the 1.23 roms and Sweden :)

Yes, you are right. Must be then something with my ROM.

I have an idea. Maybe it is because I changed the build.prop a little.

I will create an experimental update tonight. I hope that you are still here to help me to sort this bug out :D

oC

Guest Abnormal1
No, only the free app.

Did you find the paid app with any other ROM?

oC

I had payed and installed it about a month ago from the market.

Do Paid Market apps work with the SDK emulator as I could try on that otherwise will try pauls MCR rom on weekend and see if its the same.

Thanks

Abnormal1

Guest Vonacid

Hi guys, juz check with all of you.

As i have complained before, i realised that the internal memory starts to get smaller as we install and uninstall apps.

I finally come to a decision to wipe my phone and start all over again.

Just a quick check. After i wipe the phone,

1) do i need to re-partition my SD card?

2) Do i need to install the A2SD update again or it will still be there?

P.S: After i wipe my phone, started but my phone went into infinite loop of the white HTC logo screen. I tried to re-flash 6-oC-AM them reformat and re-partition my SD card again then install A2SD update once again to regain everything.

But this time... the A2SD seems to use alot lesser of the partitioned A2SD memory, instead, its using alot of the internal memory. This is really weird.... Any solution?

And anyone knows of an easier to do these?

Edited by Vonacid

Guest Mattias A
Yes, you are right. Must be then something with my ROM.

I have an idea. Maybe it is because I changed the build.prop a little.

I will create an experimental update tonight. I hope that you are still here to help me to sort this bug out :)

oC

Of course I will try it when you have uploaded it :D I prefer your roms over everything else I have tried.

Guest oclock
Of course I will try it when you have uploaded it :) I prefer your roms over everything else I have tried.

Could you please be so kind and flash this "test1.zip" from here:

http://i2x.de/~oclock/dev/test1.zip

Use the fake-flash method as this update.zip is not signed...

It replaces the /system/build.prop on your device with the one from an official 1.21.405.2 ROM (I had no official 1.23.351.1 build.prop on my computer and it is just a quick&dirty test).

I guess/hope that your market problems are gone afterwards.

oC

Guest Mattias A
Could you please be so kind and flash this "test1.zip" from here:

http://i2x.de/~oclock/dev/test1.zip

Use the fake-flash method as this update.zip is not signed...

It replaces the /system/build.prop on your device with the one from an official 1.21.405.2 ROM (I had no official 1.23.351.1 build.prop on my computer and it is just a quick&dirty test).

I guess/hope that your market problems are gone afterwards.

oC

Now it is working perfectly! Thank you man! :)

Guest oclock
Now it is working perfectly! Thank you man! :)

Thx for testing.

A fix will be included in the next version (maybe I will come back to you for another test).

oC

Guest Mattias A
Thx for testing.

A fix will be included in the next version (maybe I will come back to you for another test).

oC

Of course I will test more for you if you need - just say what and when :)

Guest Vonacid

one quick question:

Do i install all the applications i want 1st before installing the A2SD update or

Do i install A2SD update 1st, then start installing the applications i want?

OR

There is no difference?

Guest oclock
one quick question:

Do i install all the applications i want 1st before installing the A2SD update or

Do i install A2SD update 1st, then start installing the applications i want?

OR

There is no difference?

There should be no difference.

Ddepending on which applications you use, internal memory will still decrease, because only the apps & cache are moved, not the complete /data folder. Some applications use subfolders of /data to store 'stuff' inside ... So, this behaviour is 'normal'... (and not my fault or the fault of my ROM ...)

Best wishes

oC

Guest Vonacid
There should be no difference.

Ddepending on which applications you use, internal memory will still decrease, because only the apps & cache are moved, not the complete /data folder. Some applications use subfolders of /data to store 'stuff' inside ... So, this behaviour is 'normal'... (and not my fault or the fault of my ROM ...)

Best wishes

oC

Thanks alot for your reply oC. And nono, i'm definitely not referring abit as your fault~ not a tiny bit! I luv your work! i luv i rom, i luv it all!!! hehehe~

Guest oclock

Ladies and gentlemen,

after such a long time it is finally Seven O´Clock A.M. :-)

See the first post for news and D/L links.

Enjoy it!

oC

Edited by oclock

Guest oclock
will ext3 work with Seven-oClock-AM or do I have to create an ext4?

ext3 will work. it is also written in the first post:

0. Assumption: Your sd card has already an ext2/3/4 partition

oC

Guest Abnormal1

I flashed this over six o'clock with full app2sd and works great, Thanks oClock.

Does anyone know how to completely remove the Sense UI from this rom as I use LaucherPro and would like to free up the RAM that Sense UI still uses.

Guest oclock
Hi, really like your 6 o'clock rom, been using it for about a week now.. Is it possible to have a non-odexed framework file?

I suggest you update to 7 o´clock. It contains two bugfixes. one related to the market and another one related to wifi-n (plus new features).

Regarding de-odexed files: They will come soon.

oC