4.0 Facebook issue..

Guest JamieGrossman

Guest JamieGrossman

mcr 4.0 has been fine so far, and even though my contact facebook images were not coming up, they are now. however.. my phone decided to download all of my contacts from facebook with mobile numbers, and add them to my contact list where i can't undelete them.

whats weird is when i choose menu > people, my facebook contacts aren't under the 'all category'. i even double checked by going menu > view > and ensured only my google contacts were checked and my facebook ones were not.

anyone else having this issue? thanks.

Guest Carl_Brummy

This isn't just mcr. I have vr 10 on my hero and fb contacts are downloaded, and u cannot edit them. Plus if they gave been entered incorrectly it overrides the proper number so you can't ring them.

My only solution was to unlink the person from fb.

Guest JamieGrossman
This isn't just mcr. I have vr 10 on my hero and fb contacts are downloaded, and u cannot edit them. Plus if they gave been entered incorrectly it overrides the proper number so you can't ring them.

My only solution was to unlink the person from fb.

i'm not talking about the contacts i already have.. i'm talking about my facebook contacts that im not even friends with (everyone has that :lol:) whos numbers are now on my phone and i don't need them. is there no way to get ris of them? what a software fault :/

Guest JamieGrossman
Yes, I have that problem too. Just don't sync with Facebook, something you'll just have to do :lol:

but i want my contacts display pictures to be updated :D strangely i never had this issue in 3.2

Guest Dr. dre
but i want my contacts display pictures to be updated :lol: strangely i never had this issue in 3.2

Try removing the Facebook for Sense A/C and then try signing in again, maybe that'll help.

Guest JamieGrossman
Try removing the Facebook for Sense A/C and then try signing in again, maybe that'll help.

yep tried that, and removing sync, but to noavil. i think it's a wide spread problem according to the replies in this thread, hopefully there is a fix soon? i just find it strange that i never had this issue when i was on 3.2

Guest Dr. dre
yep tried that, and removing sync, but to noavil. i think it's a wide spread problem according to the replies in this thread, hopefully there is a fix soon? i just find it strange that i never had this issue when i was on 3.2

The same issue is with the Dialer app, You see your SIM and Facebook Contacts even if you disable it in the People app, That's a problem from the HTC ROM, not a specific problem related to this ROM

Guest JamieGrossman
The same issue is with the Dialer app, You see your SIM and Facebook Contacts even if you disable it in the People app, That's a problem from the HTC ROM, not a specific problem related to this ROM

i know i completely understand now, i just find it strange that this problem didn't occur when i was on 3.2. on 3.2, it only linked to my contacts i had on my phone, it didn't bother with all my other facebook contacts i dont really care about.

really annoying as now my contacts aren't linked with their facebook accounts, thus being pictureless :lol: my phone feels so naked!

Guest JadeMonkee
i know i completely understand now, i just find it strange that this problem didn't occur when i was on 3.2. on 3.2, it only linked to my contacts i had on my phone, it didn't bother with all my other facebook contacts i dont really care about.

really annoying as now my contacts aren't linked with their facebook accounts, thus being pictureless :lol: my phone feels so naked!

Yeah, this annoys me, too. I only want Facebook accounts that appear in my Googel Contacts to appear, not all of my Facebook friends (especially as some of those friends have bogus numbers on their profile, too, which only cacks up my phonebook).

We really need a way to only sync Facebook contacts that already exist in my phonebook (like they did on Android 2.1)