2.1 release due in July 2010

Guest hecatae

Guest onlinejobwork
so what did it update?

Did u said FROYO? sorry but it will never even come officialy for such a Low end mobile like this, and its bit hard to find custom 2.2 for this device as no one look interested to make custom rom with 1.6 or even 2.1

Urvish

Did u said FROYO? sorry but it will never even come officialy for such a Low end mobile like this, and its bit hard to find custom 2.2 for this device as no one look interested to make custom rom with 1.6 or even 2.1

Urvish

so froyo needs high end mobile? higher specs?

Guest RottenFoxBreath
so froyo needs high end mobile? higher specs?

No, it doesn't..that's what they would want you to believe, but the GT540 would be capable, as it's higher spec than some phones, and equal to some of the foreign ones that are coming out..

Take for example the HTC Wildfire, thats getting or got 2.2, and its crap, no GPU, low res, and the processor is slooow.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Urvish

I think the reason the phone is cheap is because it uses resistive screens instead of capacitive. I find the hardware pretty decent for $80 with contract.

Guest max-greece

Urvish

Don't feed the trolls folks.

Urvish

WTF?! where do u see that i said FROYO?

Urvish

In the reply I received from LG France and I posted some pages ago, they said they will give us an upgrade to 2.2 by the end of the year.

Not you webwoke 7 posts up :lol:

oh haha ok np. cause u quoted me so i didnt understand. the guy was stating the answer he received from LG france, but i think they mistook it for 2.1

by the way what is the difference between 2.1 and 2.2?

TIA.

Edited by ijcy

Guest DELDROID

Hi all! New to the site and glad to be here! Would just like to say, in terms of the gt540 being incapable of running froyo..... I don't see why the specs should make any difference, seeing as the upcoming Optimus One has almost the exact same specs except that it'll have a capacitive screen and froyo. My girlfriend's got a gt540 and it seems like a great phone. I was going to get one too but I'm now thinking I'll hold out for the Optimus One. I'm keeping an eye out for the gt540 update for her though!

Has anyone been able to sync ure phone after 2.1 update with the PC Suite ? My Phone cant seem to communicate with the PC suite :lol:

Problem Fixed: Used 2way Sync and it worked.

Edited by ilovelg

Guest PaulZero

Is this now the topic for people who want 2.1 and their warranty intact?

Good luck to all of you with the Baltics ROM, but I know I personally can't afford to lose the warranty on this thing.