2.1 release due in July 2010

Guest hecatae

Guest RottenFoxBreath
14th Worldwide or just in Russia?

Who really knows, IMO, it points to an initial release, but no point in asking LG or their blog, as neither know their arse from their elbow, TBH. :huh:

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Who really knows, IMO, it points to an initial release, but no point in asking LG or their blog, as neither know their arse from their elbow, TBH. :huh:

LG don't even know they have a GT540 released lol

Bad news I'm afraid, for those in the UK anyway, I sent LG head office an email asking when we can expect an upgrade to Android 2.1 and got this reply...

Dear Customer

Thank you for your email regarding your LG handset. With regards to an Android software version upgrade, there are currently no plans to release this in the UK as of yet.

Please be assured that as soon as the decision has been reached, we will be sure to advertise this.

Best regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

Bugger :huh:

Guest RottenFoxBreath

Seriously, just ignore that email response, as they weren't aware the phone was actually out till recently.

Plenty of other sofwares to update with, and there will be open ones too, so TBH, don't worry, it's not bad news.

Bad news I'm afraid, for those in the UK anyway, I sent LG head office an email asking when we can expect an upgrade to Android 2.1 and got this reply...

Dear Customer

Thank you for your email regarding your LG handset. With regards to an Android software version upgrade, there are currently no plans to release this in the UK as of yet.

Please be assured that as soon as the decision has been reached, we will be sure to advertise this.

Best regards,

Bugger :huh:

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Oh phew. I bought this phone last week having been told it was 2.1, when I turned it on and saw 1.6 I was gutted...

I'm sure from memory, that they send out that mail a month or two ago to a member here, not long after the phone was released, and at that time, nobody knew about 2.1, but in essence, all their replies are either stock, or scripted.

besides, if they decide not to release it in the uk, then just kick up a fuss, pressuring the providers, and nipping LG's heads, and I'm sure they will release it, when they realise what an arse they make of their software updates/releases.

If they decide not to release it in the uk, then just kick up a fuss, pressuring the providers, and nipping LG's heads, and I'm sure they will release it, when they realise what an arse they make of their software updates/releases.

Well, it's not branded or SIM locked, so it should just be a standard build...

Guest onlinejobwork
Seriously, just ignore that email response, as they weren't aware the phone was actually out till recently.

Plenty of other sofwares to update with, and there will be open ones too, so TBH, don't worry, it's not bad news.

They give me the following reply

09/08/2010

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your email today, unfortunately we do not a excact date for this release. Please check the website for any new press releases for this software update.

Best regards,

----------------------------------

LG Customer Services

UK: 0844 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954

Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received Date : 08/08/2010 22:57 17

The type of inquiry : Software/Hardware updates

Product/Model No. : GSM/GT540 Optimus

Edited by onlinejobwork

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Well, it's not branded or SIM locked, so it should just be a standard build...

Doesn''t matter, you can flash any which way, the sim lock will remain though.

Doesn''t matter, you can flash any which way, the sim lock will remain though.

Well yes, just saying that as mine isn't branded to a network like Vodafone, I don't have to wait for them to take the update and brand it etc...

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Well yes, just saying that as mine isn't branded to a network like Vodafone, I don't have to wait for them to take the update and brand it etc...

No-one does, you are free to flash to whichever software floats your boat.

But if you have a simlock on your phone, like you bought an Orange phone(god forbid lol), then you will still only be able to use an Orange Sim card.

No-one does, you are free to flash to whichever software floats your boat.

But if you have a simlock on your phone, like you bought an Orange phone(god forbid lol), then you will still only be able to use an Orange Sim card.

Nah, I never buy SIM locked phones, always get them SIM free.

Guest he6rt6gr6m
Found a link to v11b (android 2.1) update but it says "forbidden" maybe someone can access it:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V11B_00.kdz

Is this a Country-specific denial, or a private denial to keep the public from access?

Dear customer,

Thank you for your email.

At the moment there is no date available as to when this will be released. As soon as the update is available it will be advertised on our website.

If you have any other problem's please don't hesitate to call us.

Best regards,

So, they're not denying there is an update, and are saying it will be on the website when available. Also, they don't put your name, which has 'stock email' written all over it.

Edited by he6rt6gr6m

Guest he6rt6gr6m

Yeah. Only thing is that it's happening on every browser. I think they've set some sort of privacy thing so it isn't accessible to us. I reckon it will be though. Coincidence that the rumoured date is coming up and now it's on the website? :lol: