Samsung Omnia i900 WM 6.5 Upgrade

Guest bluem1

Guest bluem1

I have a Samsung Omnia i900 GSM that I purchased from Australia and using in the US on AT&T network. The phone is running WM 6.1 with Version DTHJ9 which I think there have been several versions after that. I am not too much familiar with upgrading phones and would like to know how I can get WM6.5 installed on the phone? I don't need any customized ROM the untouched WM6.5 would be ok.

Do I need to update the firmware version to the latest release before I can install WM6.5?

I found the post below for the untouched WM6.5 but not sure which one is the latest release? Does it contain WM6.5 along with new firmware version or I need to upgrade to lastest firmware DXIA5 and then download and install the ROM from the post below? Is there any link containing steps for upgrading to install the ROM WM6.5?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...uched-versions/

I know too many questions but I would really appreciate the help since I don't want to damage my phone.

Again thanks in advance for your help.

B

Guest jeffzed

i only tell u one thing , but you can choice which you want !

i think there isn't better than the offical rom . i downloaded and installed many roms but i'm searching for how can downgrade to offical rom now .

at least i found the way in one of persian sites and tomorrow i'll change my rom to the offical rom .

i say again, it's your choice

it's only my Suggestion

and sorry for my bad english , i hope that you can understand what i typed :lol:

Guest devabhishek
I have a Samsung Omnia i900 GSM that I purchased from Australia and using in the US on AT&T network. The phone is running WM 6.1 with Version DTHJ9 which I think there have been several versions after that. I am not too much familiar with upgrading phones and would like to know how I can get WM6.5 installed on the phone? I don't need any customized ROM the untouched WM6.5 would be ok.

Do I need to update the firmware version to the latest release before I can install WM6.5?

I found the post below for the untouched WM6.5 but not sure which one is the latest release? Does it contain WM6.5 along with new firmware version or I need to upgrade to lastest firmware DXIA5 and then download and install the ROM from the post below? Is there any link containing steps for upgrading to install the ROM WM6.5?

I know too many questions but I would really appreciate the help since I don't want to damage my phone.

Again thanks in advance for your help.

B

hey, its not that difficult to upgrade to a windows 6.5 rom... u just need to flash a custom rom , (a custom rom will never ask you or show an error for incorrect version) it could be any rom as per ur requirement . you may find many roms on this forum.. but i think initially you would like to try a untouched version rom , which is a perfect start... and in flashing a rom there are indeed risks involved but if you follow a few steps its as easy as it can get.. once you have downloaded some drivers to your computer.. you just have to download a rom of ur choice and unzip it and click the exe.. a program will open then u have to connect ur device to the computer and restart your device .. just as ur device restarts it says device found click on it , and sit back for 3 to 5 mins while ur device is getting flashed.. it will say job done when the flashing is completed .. please do your own research before you flash your device.. i used a very simple language to explain you the process.. just go through this link by sector a guide to flash your omnia i900 http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/ ... and i am also attaching a video of how to flash ur omnia.............. for video on how to flash ur omnia click here i hope you find this usefull .. happy flashing

Guest devabhishek
i only tell u one thing , but you can choice which you want !

i think there isn't better than the offical rom . i downloaded and installed many roms but i'm searching for how can downgrade to offical rom now .

at least i found the way in one of persian sites and tomorrow i'll change my rom to the offical rom .

i say again, it's your choice

it's only my Suggestion

and sorry for my bad english , i hope that you can understand what i typed :D

sorry dude but i wont agree with you... if you are comparing windows 6.1 with 6.5 then ... 6.5 is way ...far more better than 6.1 ... and i was infact getting so boared with my omnia.. but when i flashed it to a windows 6.5 custom rom .. the perfomance is far more better... you will forget using the stylus .. its all finger friendly .... anyways everyone has their own point of view, this is just my own way of looking at things... and i respect your point of view.. too .,, cheers :lol:

Guest jeffzed
sorry dude but i wont agree with you... if you are comparing windows 6.1 with 6.5 then ... 6.5 is way ...far more better than 6.1 ... and i was infact getting so boared with my omnia.. but when i flashed it to a windows 6.5 custom rom .. the perfomance is far more better... you will forget using the stylus .. its all finger friendly .... anyways everyone has their own point of view, this is just my own way of looking at things... and i respect your point of view.. too .,, cheers :lol:

maybe you say right :-? but i tested many cooked roms but each of them had many problems . i know that interface of wm 6.5 is more better than 6.1 but i think Absence of bugs is more important than the interface . but maybe i wrong. however "everyone has their own point !"

thank you for your replying

and again sorry for my poor english :D

Guest bluem1

Thanks for all of your reply.

The post below shows that WM6.5 ROM for for DXIA5 which I am guessing is the latest firmware. If I don't have the firmware can I continue with WM5.6 upgrade?

Also, which one is the latest build? do I pick the highest number?

Edited by bluem1