Another potential performance boost?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Epedemic
I installed SetCPU, and it seems the governor is set to 'Conservative'. I find 'OnDemand' gives a performance boost...

:lol:

P

Hm i tried this before trying your dbdata stuff, and it didn't really do much... Will try it again though... Just need to wipe as i think i managed to fill the dbdata :D

Guest Epedemic
I got a few 'black screens' where it wouldn't turn on, I suspect it could be this tweak, let me know if you experience this too!

P

Yes! I have seen this...

Also i did some "heavy multitasking testing" (streaming music in spotify over a2dp while running neocore with sound)

Conservative: 54.5 fps

Ondemand: 43.4 fps

It's not really a scientific test, and i don't bother to repeat it, but it does show something... Oh, and both results blow away my desire which peaks at 29.5fps on a oc'ed 2.2 rom :lol:

Guest megakid

My UK simfree i9000 was set to Performance - maybe that's why my battery life was so low! I've set to OnDemand now, hopefully I'll see an increase in battery life.

I'm sure I hadn't changed it.

EDIT: First time the screen switched off since the tweak and it wont come back on again...

Edited by megakid

Guest frostbite
I got a few 'black screens' where it wouldn't turn on, I suspect it could be this tweak, let me know if you experience this too!

P

I've got same black screens, removed the app for now. My GS is so fast with the other tweak you showed us.

Waiting for kitchen. :lol:

Guest lgkahn
got a black screen too :lol:

same here was just going to post and you all beat me too it. i definately know it is the on demand setting.. sounds like a bug in the o/s .. should support it.. proably why samsung didnt have it set that way...

twice after setting to on demand blank screen no button would wake it up.. had to remove battery..

probably some errant system app taking too much resource or something.