Force WCDMA (3g) on this device

Guest IBTECH

Guest IBTECH

Maybe someone here knows how to do this on this device.

Usually once would go punch on the dialer *#*#4636#*#* and it brings up the menu of connectivity selection. If you select WCDMA only the device won't drop to EDGE in spotty locations.

In the SGS however this menu does nothing. it has no effect on the phone. I guess Samsung has another way of implementing this.

Anyone knows how to do this?

I found a clue here: http://www.ourplaypen.com/2009/07/09/forci...ung-omnia-i900/.

Seems like the code is valid but it gets denied by the system (i guess it is protected).

Thanks.

Guest hkfriends
Maybe someone here knows how to do this on this device.

Usually once would go punch on the dialer *#*#4636#*#* and it brings up the menu of connectivity selection. If you select WCDMA only the device won't drop to EDGE in spotty locations.

In the SGS however this menu does nothing. it has no effect on the phone. I guess Samsung has another way of implementing this.

Anyone knows how to do this?

I found a clue here: http://www.ourplaypen.com/2009/07/09/forci...ung-omnia-i900/.

Seems like the code is valid but it gets denied by the system (i guess it is protected).

Thanks.

yes this menu is unable to change these radio settings

Guest i2umi

Anyone managed to get it working? Or there's some files that can be modified to reflect the force?

Thanks~!

Edited by i2umi

Guest IBTECH

*#*#197328640#*#* > debug screen > phone control > network control > band selection

You need to do this after each reboot though as it does not stick.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MatteoP

Hi guys. You can finally resolve this problem. Download and install, free by the market, Any Cut, then tap on a empty zone of your display, select link (in italian is "collegamento") and select Any Cut, select Activity and Info phone, press ok. Now you have a link on your display, tap it on and select WCDMA only to use only 3G or GSM only to use only gsm or select WCDMA preferred to allow your phone to use the best service you have at the moment. Sorry for my english...Bye.