Why so many galaxy s phones?

Guest Chad Petree

Guest Chad Petree

What's samsung thinking? come on! , 4 different models of the same phone? we have galaxy s, captivate, fascinate,vibrant? i mean whats it really necessary? are all identical specwise? i get the epic 4g name, because it has a keyboard but what about the others? =/ this will only make the updates take more time :lol:

Edited by Chad Petree

Guest HustlinDaily

Here in the US, each carrier likes to have their own device especially for that carrier.

Epic 4G (Sprint)- keyboard, LED flash, front facing camera, 1GB rom (plus included 16GB sdcard), WiFi hotspot

Fascinate (Verizon)- LED flash, no front facing camera, 2GB rom (plus 16GB sdcard included), WiFi hotspot (probably cost extra)

Captivate (AT&T)- no camera flash, no front facing camera, 16GB rom

Vibrant (T-Mobile USA)- no camera flash, no front facing camera, no idea how much rom (2GB sdcard included, preloaded with the movie Avatar)

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest Chad Petree
Here in the US, each carrier likes to have their own device especially for that carrier.

Epic 4G (Sprint)- keyboard, LED flash, front facing camera, 1GB rom (plus included 16GB sdcard), WiFi hotspot

Fascinate (Verizon)- LED flash, no front facing camera, 2GB rom (plus 16GB sdcard included), WiFi hotspot (probably cost extra)

Captivate (AT&T)- no camera flash, no front facing camera, 16GB rom

Vibrant (T-Mobile USA)- no camera flash, no front facing camera, no idea how much rom (2GB sdcard included, preloaded with the movie Avatar)

i figured out it was because of that , but its just lame , with strategies like this no wonder why the iphone is always # 1 =(

• 1 month later...
Guest deprime

Good day!

My i900 Omnia just broke down. Again. And I have really gotten tired of it. That ist why I am planning on getting a new phone.

On my list there are a couple of phones like the iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate or Epic) and the HTC Evo 4g (which - so I've heard - is unfortunately not compatible to the German cell phone standards).

As for now, I will probably be getting the iPhone. I do have to say though, I like the Galaxy S better, if only in Germany or Europe it would be available as the Fascinate! I really don't see, why Samsung would just drop the LED-flash from the international version of the Galaxy S.

I already contacted the Samsungmobile-Support, but they haven't answered me (yet).

But maybe there is someone on this Forum, who can possibly give me some useful information. It certainly would be greatly appreciated:

1. Will the Fascinate be available in Europe / Germany?

2. If not, could I just import a US-Fascinate and use it in Germany?

3. Does Verizon sell the Fascinate without a contract?

4. If so, how much does it cost?

Thanks for your feedback!

Greetings from Germany!

Edited by deprime

In canada bell has the "Vibrant" but its not anything like the T-mobile vibrant...its more like a better version of the Captivate. (forward and backwards camera, no LED/flash) 16gb rom.

• 3 months later...
Guest reloaded89
Good day!

My i900 Omnia just broke down. Again. And I have really gotten tired of it. That ist why I am planning on getting a new phone.

On my list there are a couple of phones like the iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S (Fascinate or Epic) and the HTC Evo 4g (which - so I've heard - is unfortunately not compatible to the German cell phone standards).

As for now, I will probably be getting the iPhone. I do have to say though, I like the Galaxy S better, if only in Germany or Europe it would be available as the Fascinate! I really don't see, why Samsung would just drop the LED-flash from the international version of the Galaxy S.

I already contacted the Samsungmobile-Support, but they haven't answered me (yet).

But maybe there is someone on this Forum, who can possibly give me some useful information. It certainly would be greatly appreciated:

Greetings from Germany!

1. The Fascinate is a variant of the Galaxy S phone. I doubt it would work or be available in Europe.

2. Do not import a US-Fascinate to be used in Germany, or in Europe really. The Fascinate is a CDMA based phone, so no SIM card slot for you to insert into and use it on whichever carrier you use. If the HTC Evo 4G is incompatible with German cell standards, then the Fascinate and the Epic 4G will also be incompatible since they're all CDMA phones. If you import it, you'll just have a nice expensive pda to play with.

3. This is kind of a mute point by now, but yes, VZW does sell the Fascinate w/o a contract.

4. US: $579.99

The addition of the LED flash was really just a carrier request for whichever Galaxy S variant they were to receive.

Edited by reloaded89

Guest SpruceyB
Good day!

Greetings from Germany!

Like a previous poster mentioned, Verizon or Sprint phones wont work in Europe.

However you mentioned the Evo 4G, if you like that then take a look at the Desire HD,

http://www.htc.com/www/product/desirehd/overview.html