Worth buying a Nexus One now?

Guest subhramani

Guest subhramani

I now own a HTC Hero and wanna buy a new phone which will run on Android. After all the delay with the Eclair upgrade, I really dont feel like buying another HTC phone again.

I am now wondering if I should go for the Nexus One. That surely is the one which will get all the upgrades right from the beginning, but when I see the other phones like DroidX n all lined up to be released, I thought The N1 is almost obsolete.

I wanted some suggestion because I dont wanna end up with a phone like Hero where nothing will ever come its way anymore.

Edited by subhramani

Guest qvert

and when the droid x is available on gsm outside the US then there is a new phone waiting to be superior to the droid x, there is never the right time to buy a device, always new devices will come :lol:

Guest Pinko_Commie
I now own a HTC Hero and wanna buy a new phone which will run on Android. After all the delay with the Eclair upgrade, I really dont feel like buying another HTC phone again.

I am now wondering if I should go for the Nexus One. That surely is the one which will get all the upgrades right from the beginning, but when I see the other phones like DroidX n all lined up to be released, I thought The N1 is almost obsolete.

I wanted some suggestion because I dont wanna end up with a phone like Hero where nothing will ever come its way anymore.

You do realise who mankes the Nexus One right? It's made by HTC.

Also, The Nexus One nearly obselete? I know technology advances quickly, but it's still a current gen smartphone. Things like the DroidX are no more advanced, they just generally have better cameras or keyboards etc.

Guest ranblv

Considering all current smartphones besides the samsung all run 1GHZ processor, its nowhere near obsolete.

and right now Motorola makes rooting harder and harder, your best choice for all cutting edge roms is N1.

maybe when the dual core phones or the 1.3/1.5 GHZ start coming in we can start talking about the N1.

Guest dipeshb
Considering all current smartphones besides the samsung all run 1GHZ processor, its nowhere near obsolete.

and right now Motorola makes rooting harder and harder, your best choice for all cutting edge roms is N1.

maybe when the dual core phones or the 1.3/1.5 GHZ start coming in we can start talking about the N1.

Bravo!

Guest ushim6

The mod community makes the N1 more relevant than ever! It's so easy to root, and gets the best official support, as well as ROM support!

Guest Mo_Nexus

if you are willing to wait, it is rumored that T-mobile is getting a dual-core htc handset running gingerbread version of android

Guest wrxtc714
You do realise who mankes the Nexus One right? It's made by HTC.

Also, The Nexus One nearly obselete? I know technology advances quickly, but it's still a current gen smartphone. Things like the DroidX are no more advanced, they just generally have better cameras or keyboards etc.

N1 obsolete lol

Its googles pride and joy

And will get updates before droid x or anything else as always

N1 is the phone to have if you are a die hard android fan.

No regrets here and no wishing I had an evo our desire.

Maybe next year there will be something better.

Just like I stuck with my g1 til the nexus came out I'll stick with my nexus til the next big google phone comes out.

I will only buy htc phones my buddy has a droid and I bought a cliq for my daughter both rooted with all the best available firmware and they are imo shitty phones especially the cliq

I've dropped my g1 so many times as well as my n1 and neither have broke on me.

I'm talking big drops sliding under my car, dropping off my lap into concrete when I get out like an idiot and stuff like that.

Htc all the way!

Openness + long-term software upgrades (or so they claim) is worth more to me than the latest-and-greatest carrier/oem phone which will be forgotten next month when the next latest-and-greatest comes out.

Anyone remember when the HTC Evo was the killer phone? Now it's all Droid X. Next month Galaxy S? And then what? it's a never-ending cat-and-mouse game, and besides those phones are only available on two US carriers (except the Galaxy S, Samsung seems to be pushing it everywhere lol), so they're irrelevant to me (in Canada).

Nexus One is already on Froyo. Droid is coming to Froyo soon. Later this year a few other phones will follow. How soon will all the phones get it, if they get it at all? At least the Nexus was guaranteed to get it, and like I said in my first paragraph, that's worth a lot to me. That's what makes the Nexus close to the iPhone, the fact that it's supported and can be upgraded. HTC Hero etc, are normal simple carrier phones to me, that are soon forgotten so that the carrier/OEM can sell a hardware upgrade after a year. That's not what I'm looking for in a phone these days.

sns

Guest Wouter2020

This is of course the N1 section... But I think this is the best phone for now and quite some time to come. I have my N1 for 6 months and I am a long way from getting bored with it. The ROM development keeps it exiting and I don't think Google or the custom developers and cooks will give up on this great phone any time soon.

Guest Da Baron

The N1 may not have the largest screen,possess a front facing camera or the highest megapixel rear camera. But what it does have is as the other commenters have stated is Google's full attention and passion. If it weren't for Google's major marketing blunder I am quite positive there would be many more N1's out in the publics hands currently. All of these new phones arriving to the market currently are just trying to play catch up w/Apple and its iPhone. I feel passionately that Google and the N1 are above that and the rat race to beat Apple. Let's face it Apple and it's iPhone put smartphones and the chic to own one on the market. Google's Nexus One extended on that smartphone market and brought it to another level! Now if you just want an Android device without worries of what firmware it runs than buy any Android powered device on any number of carriers. However as one member stated previously. If you are a true blue Android tekkie than you must do yourself a favor and purchase the N1 handset. Once unlocked and rooted you'll be very pleased as to what this amazing device can do to satisfy your customizing cravings...

~

Da Baron

Guest subhramani

Wow! I have nothing more to ask or say now :D

Ordering for a Nexus One this weekend. Takes a while to ship to India though. But yeah, worth the wait.

Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it :lol:

Guest Deathwish238

Although you've already been convinced, the Nexus One's specs are on par with everything that's coming out. Add to it being Google's baby and that they release Android updates for the Nexus One first so far, there's still plenty of reason to buy one over the new Droids and EVO 4G.

The Google Nexus One is Android's reference superphone. It has the minimum specs for Android 3.0 Gingerbread and raised the bar of what was expected from an Android phone.

Guest Cometer

Obviously this is the Nexus One forum but frankly I think investing on a Nexus One is really a good and safe investment.

No the Nexus One doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles but it is the first phone to get the latest updates and the most compatible of all devices. It is the concept for the rest of the current generation phones.

The minimum requirements for the upcoming Android 3.0 is nothing else than the specs of a Nexus One.

Do consider one thing. If you want to buy a new Smartphone NOW then the Nexus is a good choice. But in 5 months time I probably wouldn’t recommend it.

There are plenty of clues and the timing is just right to announce a Google Nexus Two phone. Probably to be released around Christmas or Q1 of 2011.

IF as is rumored Android 3.0 comes with a revamped user interface, greater resolutions and all that it makes sense for Google to make a “next gen” concept phone that showcases their new look and that can pass the message to the mass market that Android phones are as user friendly and pretty as Apple offering. But most important that can maintain peoples mindset when Windows Phone 7 devices come out.

The next-gen fight will revolve around phones becoming very good devices for gaming. Microsoft is going to make a huge push in user experience and media experience and that’s where Apple and Google are setting their guns on.