22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sim-1
Start again from the scratch, re-flash JG1 firmware using Odin. Then only apply the MCR. That's all. There's no need to wipe this and there. See if it works?

Will try now.

Guest Darkstriker
Will try now.

Worked for me on the third try. The crucial App seems to have been the Email application. After I added that back in, everything worked.

Guest Kilack

Hi Paul, will this version see all market apps as jg1 by default cant.. and without having to run the mcr scripts? just not sure I want to install the lag fix script yet until the issue of large files is sorted out...

I just remember in your old kitchen builds there be an option to tick for masquerading.. just making sure it wasnt forgotten :)

thx for all the great work, any progress with the partition trials? look hopeful at all?

Guest Paul

When you've installed, just run 'MCR Scripts' from the launcher and run the script for JF5. There's a script to change it back.

BTW, I have 100 apps installed and am using only 35% of dbdata, so it's only limited numbers of apps that are causing issues.

Too early to say, can't repartition internal SD as it get's repartitioned back at reboot! :)

P

Guest NZtechfreak

Just a thought, but how about a GUI for the stalls fix that lets you choose which to move over, so you can exclude larger ones?

The R1 is working pretty well here, other than the stall fix any particularly compelling reason to update to the new firmware?

EDIT: Actually, quick question about the stall fix - does it only move installed apps there, or do all new apps from then on get placed there?

Edited by NZtechfreak

Guest Rar9

Just a quick feedback...

To get rid of "multicsc : can not access to /system/csc/SER/system/"

flashed I9000XWJFF PDA, PHONE & MODEM

Then only Flashed PDA & Phone for I9000XWJG1

Cheers Rar9 Based in Germany

Guest Russ-ST24

Hi

Help. I have updated and applied r2. Restored titanium backup and all was well until I tried the market.

Everything fails to download ?

Doesn't even try on WiFi or 3g. Ran the scripts to see if it would help but no luck.

Anyone got any ideas? Happy to mess in shell if needed.

Will rebuild if I need to but would like to avoid it.

Thanks for any advice.

Russ

Guest bigbadwolfie

Big problems with my cooked version.

1. Insufficient space to install Asphalt or Navigon after running the lagfix. Please consider revising this to cover only the com.* objects

2. After hard reset swype continuously crashes on any text fields

Erratic camera behaviour, a standard flash works but any sort of 'fiddling' can result in a Camera Error message, this can happen with both the MCR or a rooted JG1.

Guest Paul

I am looking into the Swype issue, but yeah, things like Asphalt and Navigon are gonna cause issues with lagfix. Working on it. :)

P

Guest bigbadwolfie
I am looking into the Swype issue, but yeah, things like Asphalt and Navigon are gonna cause issues with lagfix. Working on it. :)

P

Cheers Paul!

Might just be me, but why are there ESC+ characters in the adb shell sessions?

Guest Kilack
Just a thought, but how about a GUI for the stalls fix that lets you choose which to move over, so you can exclude larger ones?

The R1 is working pretty well here, other than the stall fix any particularly compelling reason to update to the new firmware?

EDIT: Actually, quick question about the stall fix - does it only move installed apps there, or do all new apps from then on get placed there?

It makes a symbolic link, so anything the phone used to place in a directory is actually being redirected to another location (the faster nand) its permanent...

A GUI seems way over the top....and I can't see anyone sitting down to develop a gui for this... heh

though maybe one of the file managers out there can probably let you do this?

Edited by Kilack

Guest Russ-ST24

Hi

Market issue is a pain as can't download anything and list does match the installed apps after titanium restore.

Should I decide to wipe and start again without titanium what's the easiest way?

Do I have reflash etc. Or is there an easy way to wipe and keep r2?

Thanks

Russ

Guest Kilack
Hi

Market issue is a pain as can't download anything and list does match the installed apps after titanium restore.

Should I decide to wipe and start again without titanium what's the easiest way?

Do I have reflash etc. Or is there an easy way to wipe and keep r2?

Thanks

Russ

Did you run the market fix script?

Guest Russ-ST24
Did you run the market fix script?

Hi

Yes I have ran it and no luck. I think the titanium restore messed it up.

Ran all the market scripts.

Thanks

Russ

P.s any idea on the quickest way to wipe and get back to r2? Thanks

Edited by Russ-ST24

Guest Kilack
Hi

Yes I have ran it and no luck. I think the titanium restore messed it up.

Ran all the market scripts.

Thanks

Russ

P.s any idea on the quickest way to wipe and get back to r2? Thanks

yeah i have problems with titamium also, seems to get confused.

When did you run the restore with it? after or before you did the market fix?

Guest Russ-ST24
yeah i have problems with titamium also, seems to get confused.

When did you run the restore with it? after or before you did the market fix?

Hi

I restored everything straight after r2 applied and apart from swype force closing everything seemed fine until I tried to use the market tonight and everything now fails.

After that I tried to apply the scripts with no luck.

Used titanium to wipe the data from the market with no luck. Restored again no luck.

Reapplied r2 update.zip and still no luck.

Guess I need to wipe and not use titanium for all.

Does anyone have an idea if I wipe from the restore menu will it wipe my sdcard data on the internal?

Thanks

Russ

Guest Archer13
1. Insufficient space to install Asphalt or Navigon after running the lagfix. Please consider revising this to cover only the com.* objects

Try to install Asphalt before lag fix. Problem is that Samsung App downloaded apk to the /data/data folder. It's about 60Mb. But after installation done it's just about 4Mb, all game data are in the different folder.

Guest jjwa

After reading this topic it seemed to me that it could be useful to do a factory reset after applying modaco. But now I am getting errors from Swype every few seconds and need to force close it. It's the second time I've installed r2, first time no factory reset, and no issues...

Going to re-apply the update.zip now.

Edit: reflashing it all fixed it, btw.

Edited by jjwa

Guest Hendrickson

No good, no matter what i do android market is broken. Factory reset and market fix. its always showing network error retry.

This is R2 of course.

Also I used JG1 before as a normal rom, it was faster than this custom rom r2. Thats with or with the lag fix. Should it not be the other way round?

Edited by Hendrickson

Guest aeo087
No good, no matter what i do android market is broken. Factory reset and market fix. its always showing network error retry.

This is R2 of course.

Also I used JG1 before as a normal rom, it was faster than this custom rom r2. Thats with or with the lag fix. Should it not be the other way round?

I agree with you, I'm moving to JFF to see how that works out for now. I kept saying I wasn't having the market problems but now I have them as well...

I'm not quite convinced with JG1...