22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kanzlr
No way. I'm currently restoring my apps with Titanium in r2. And batch is not working so I must do it one at a time...

set the install method to indirect. works with the latest version. you may need to use the most recent beta from their support forum.

Guest jonsat
set the install method to indirect. works with the latest version. you may need to use the most recent beta from their support forum.

Yes, I've discovered it tweaking settings here and there. However for some strange reason my phone contact weren't restored.

I managed to recover'em by Kies sync.

I confirm that returning to r2 solves superuser continuous requests. Even with Superuser 2.2 settings are not persistent.

Very strange, in the meantime Paul inspecting that I'll retry r3 flashing... yes I'm a brave man :(

Guest HardCorePawn
Ok guys I have just flashed this over JM1 and it just stalls at the Galaxy S GT I9000 screen. I have no idea why.

Most probably because it's made for JG5... :(

Guest trotte

Flashed JG5 and restarted phone. Booted normaly (but ui was still in english, not russian). I did not have SIM card inserted. It said JG5 in phone info (Odin and 512 pit file used, repartion checked).

Well anyways I continued turn phone off (and inserted sim and sd card) and boot into recovery and flash my baked R3 ROM (used cache and factory wipe option in recovery first). As with last ROM (r2) and JG1 firmware I get tw launcher crashes looping when unlock the lockscreen. Its was impossible to do anything by remove battery.

Anyone now what I might be doing wrong? Get the feeling I fail at something :(

I got it working by reflash firmware (but I forgot remove sim and sd during flash process, why do u usally need remove it btw?) and then managed update to R3 with no issues.

As mentioned before Titanuim backup asks for superuser ALOT of times when using it, making restoring of backup apps practially impossible.

edit: intalled and used MyBackupPro to backup, it also prompt for superuser permission like 50 times during backup of apps/data. Some ROM issue?

Edited by trotte

Guest Aris Samsungonian
Ok guys I have just flashed this over JM1 and it just stalls at the Galaxy S GT I9000 screen. I have no idea why.

512 pit file +repartition + reflash

Guest Kilack

heh give the guy a break man, it only came out today, and i would prefer paul waits a couple of days until a few people have tested it rather than rushing in anyway :(.

I think he will work on things without being asked anyway.

Edited by Kilack

Guest Arnon

Hi Paul

Thanks for the ROM and even more thanks for making it deoxed (which made it easy to add bidi support and display proper hebrew :( )

Regards,

Arnon

Guest alexdodd

Well this is the reason i signed up to this forum and donated! Wonderful ROM/Build my new Galaxy is flying and i even signed up to wavesecure! All very very very impressed. Thanks to this wonderful community devs and Paul himself!

Now here's to waiting for froyo and some real flash!

Edited by alexdodd

Guest harley44
Hey Guys my friend gave me a Captivate and I'm trying to root it and install Modaco. I've rooted plenty Android devices but with this one everytime I run adb reboot recovery it sits on the AT&T logo and doesn't allow me to flash the root file update.zip. It hangs and hangs and finally I just have to reboot bootloader. Any suggestions?

I used the manual process on my captivate, and rooted it without problems. shut the unit down, hold vol up&down buttons while turning it on. I found it most reliable to hold the 'on' button until the AT&T logo shows up, release the 'on' button while still pressing the vol buttons until the maintenance screen comes up.

Guest Astridax
Most probably because it's made for JG5... :(

Oh I read it alright. The fact that R2 was made for JG1 and people (including me) are using it for JG5. Logic would dictate that possibly R2 would work for JM1. There was no need for sarcasm, I was looking for constructive help.

Guest lolczester
lol, typotastic! :(

P

I have a litle problem with the graphics of the "live wall papers" the are pixelated and they have black dots, any suggestions ?

Guest chunga
This will be the last 'overwrite release', next version will be a full ROM that does not require an Odin flash first.

Very nice! :(

Guest SBVerlee

Sometimes it's just a matter of trial and error guys. I've found a fix for the SU popup problem. Now it's working flawless.

How?

Just root again!

Use this zipfile and update your phone, it doesn't matter if you've installed all your apps and data because it's a non intrusive method.

Guest Matchstick
Sometimes it's just a matter of trial and error guys. I've found a fix for the SU popup problem. Now it's working flawless.

How?

Just root again!

Use this zipfile and update your phone, it doesn't matter if you've installed all your apps and data because it's a non intrusive method.

Does applying this fix cause any problem if you're using the Mimocan lag fix ?

Guest zaventh

I tried to flash JG5 from the link in first post... however once it finishes and reboots I always get this error at a recovery screen:

"E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0) (No such file or directory) E: Can't mount SDCARD:"

Google doesn't help much...

I've tried reflashing several times with the same result. Any help is appreciated.

Guest Slated

@Paul

Hi, and thanks for all your hard work producing these custom ROMs.

Any chance you could include the tun.ko module in your next build, as it's needed to run OpenVPN?

Thanks.

Guest SBVerlee
Does applying this fix cause any problem if you're using the Mimocan lag fix ?

Don't know, i think you have to apply the lag fix after you have rooted your phone because it changes the kernel.

Guest Matchstick
Don't know, i think you have to apply the lag fix after you have rooted your phone because it changes the kernel.

Yep looks like that's the case.

I was having problems with Swype FCing whenever opened so I decided to reinstall everything from the beginning which was good chance to test this fix.

I reinstalled JG5 with Odin, then MCR r3, then the root fix linked to above and finally applied Mimocan's lag fix and everything is running brilliantly now with SuperUser permissions working properly.

Guest zedeff

I tried R2 and r3 with JG1 and JG5 respectively. However I get FC on TW and phone is not usable at at all. I keep having to go back to Odin and reflash stock firmware. I did a wipe each time. Do I need to run the ADB root before Custom ROM?