22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lefty2Gunz
I've used Odin again - to flash it back to JG5 stock.. and swype etc works. I'll stay off putting the custom rom back on - however, really excited to see what happens with Froyo :huh:

Thanks,

Rob

Guest Lefty2Gunz

Ooops....ignore the above post (what a way to post your first message LOL!)

Like Rob, I am also very new to rooting, Android etc etc. I have managed to load my custom ROM and everything is fine. I just have a couple of questions.

First off, I ran the lagfix and it improved my benchmark to only 979, when a lot of videos on youtube showed like 2200. Did I do something wrong?

Also is there a guide anywhere of what I can do once rooted? I mean how to over/underclock and what it exactly does.

Thank you all and thanks very much to Paul.

I am sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate for efforts!

Guest weirder

Hey all,

First post so i thought I'd contribute, saw some other people had Swype-issues too.

I have the r3 release installed + lagfix (internal memory one), and everything went fine, except 1 problem: Swype wasnt working (crashed every time)

The rest was working so didnt feel like reflashing. After my gf accidentally hard reset the device (thank you!) ("I didnt do anything, it had a pop-up and i just clicked OK") I did the lagfix again, but the Swype issue remained.

After some research i managed to get it working again. Mind you, i did do some steps beforehand, like uninstall Swype, reinstall other versions etc. but I dont think this had anything to do with the solution. Normal installation of swype APK's found, didnt install correctly.

Its the Swype from JM2, all languages included.

Instructions

For me, this did not work. I do have root (aparently not full access) but wasnt able to use the "adb push" command due to permission issues, i did however manage to remove both files. (go figure)

Next steps were these: Copy the 2 Swype files to the root of your internal SD (normal way, plug USB in, use Mass storage)

then follow these instructions with usb connected in debug mode again, using adb:

>adb shell

>su

>id

#if 0 you are fine to proceed

>mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

>cp /sdcard/Swype.apk /system/app/

>cp /sdcard/libSwypeCore.so /system/lib/

>exit

>exit

Reboot the phone and you are done!

Hope this helps someone, if not: my first post wasnt a question :huh:

Guest emax7410
"In order to use this ROM on your device, YOU MUST ALREADY BE RUNNING THE JG5 ROM FROM HERE. "

That link doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

They changed their address. Click this link, choose the Galaxy, sign up, then download the firmware. Registering is free.

Tried a few firmwares, ROMs and stuff. All started great but eventually crashed after using a backup restore, or just on a reboot. This afternoon, everything started FCing on boot for no reason whatsoever. This was on stock JG5.

Finally decided to use this ROM by Paul. Lo and behold, finally (fingers crossed!) a stable Galaxy S.

Granted, I'm using TW. I used to swear by LauncherPro but I quite like TW (I'm not anti-Apple yet!) and I find it a lot more stable on my Galaxy S than LP. LP was awesome on my Desire, but laggy and buggy here.

Edited by AV1985

Guest schmickers

Paul, or anyone else who has tried it - will Ryanza's version 2.3 lag fix work with the Modaco Custom Rom? Specifically the one mentioned in this thread over on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=7632258#post7632258) and probably the update.zip version that Tayutama packages?

The phone I am planning to get next week is the Samsung Galaxy S (I9000) (Australian) and I'm just readying everything so that I cam get it rooted, rom'ed and tweaked with the minimum of fuss. :P

Guest fireymint

hey guys...new to android here..i'hv updated to JG5 and applied r3 custom rom. When i use the MCR lagfix im only getting a score of 960

Did i do anything wrong?

Guest SBVerlee
hey guys...new to android here..i'hv updated to JG5 and applied r3 custom rom. When i use the MCR lagfix im only getting a score of 960

Did i do anything wrong?

Nope 960 sounds about right for the MCR fix.. More important is: how do you experience the lag? Quadrant scores are just number gibberish.

Guest fireymint

the lag was fine ever since i had JG4 stock rom in it only sometimes 3-4 lag so i decided to try this rom.

Btw, does applying the lagfix twice drain the battery faster or something cause my found my phone dead this morning even with full battery last night

if so, if i do a factory rest does it take away the fix?

JM7 seems to be the one to have at the moment?

P

Hi Paul

JM7 really looks very nice indeed, some say JM6 is better but i personally think JM7 is better, also because of great GPS results and better battery times.

Will the next MCR be based on JM7? Also do you think it will come this week?

Really looking forward to it, as do alot i guess :P

Peace and love man, thanks for your great work!

Hi Paul

JM7 really looks very nice indeed, some say JM6 is better but i personally think JM7 is better, also because of great GPS results and better battery times.

Will the next MCR be based on JM7? Also do you think it will come this week?

Really looking forward to it, as do alot i guess :P

Peace and love man, thanks for your great work!

Any news on a new version Paul? What do you think of JM8, did u check it? A new kitchen based on JM8 would be kickads :) can you update us matey? Thanks, peace :(

Guest SBVerlee
Any news on a new version Paul? What do you think of JM8, did u check it? A new kitchen based on JM8 would be kickads :) can you update us matey? Thanks, peace :(

+1

Last week you said 'hopefully this week', as did you the week before :P. NOFI, but i think JG5 is a bit outdated..

[*]Rebuilt with JG5 release. This will be the last 'overwrite release', next version will be a full ROM that does not require an Odin flash first.

Any news on R4 yet paul?

Guest SBVerlee

Well, i give up. Installing Tayutama's JM8 release at this very moment.

I think Paul isn't that much into the Galaxy anymore, no reply's at twitter and if you look at the difference between his post frequency in this topic in the beginning and now...

It's a shame though, as the Modaco ROM's are the best of the bunch. But JG5 is just too outdated.

Edited by SBVerlee