22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MaNIaCv1
My main question is concerning that adb commad line prog...

When i try the descripted commands it always tells me that the parameters are wrong...

How do i have to connect my device to the pc to perform this update? Or do i have to run the linux version of adb on my phone?

No need to mess with adb commad line prog, once you've put update.zip in the root of sdcard, power off your phone and then press VOL UP + HOME + POWER, then select update from the menu using VOL key and press HOME.

MaNIaC

Guest Mahagon-Coral
No need to mess with adb commad line prog, once you've put update.zip in the root of sdcard, power off your phone and then press VOL UP + HOME + POWER, then select update from the menu using VOL key and press HOME.

MaNIaC

Thanks for the info man! But there's only a screen that tells me "downloading please dont turn off". No option to pick a file or go up and down. ... Any info on what i'm missing here?^^

Guest Xoneso
Thanks for the info man! But there's only a screen that tells me "downloading please dont turn off". No option to pick a file or go up and down. ... Any info on what i'm missing here?^^

You hit VOL DOWN instead of VOL UP.

VOL DOWN = Downloading Mode

VOL UP = Recovery Mode.

Guest alanlsmith

To enter recovery mode from the phone, power off then volume UP+Home+power...then use volume key to move to update.zip option, then Home to select.

To use adb, on the phone...go to Settings>Development>USB debugging (& tick), connect phone to PC.

On the PC open command prompt>CD to Android-sdk/Tools folder>type 'adb shell'>enter, then 'su'>enter, prompt at start of line should change to '#'

Then continue following instruction in first post.

Command information for adb can be found here http://developer.android.com/guide/develop...#commandsummary

Worth reading, as you can do a fiar bit of damage if you are not careful.

Edit: sorry, typed reply, made coffee, pressed add reply....didn't see I was too late.

Edited by alanlsmith

Guest Mahagon-Coral

Wow man. Thanks for the incredibly precise answer! I just wanted to reply that I used the wring button combination ^^ now it worked and runs fine! Thanks for all the great help and your time!

Guest Archer13

Well done on my Galaxy!

1. Downloaded firmware from Samsung Firmwares, flashed with JFB - I like it!

2. Downloaded MoDaCo r1 default, installed - I like it more! New root experience, lag fix, other toys :lol:

3. Subscribed, baked an update, excluding some useless apps - perfect!

Thanks Paul!

Guest jUsT2eXy
Perhaps I'm being an idiot or something.

But, after flashing to JFB and then flashing the update.zip for MCR, the phone boots up and gives me mass force closes.

Am I supposed to root after installing JFB via odin?

I cleared data within recovery after installing modaco

I too got the many force closes... I tried reinstalling modaco.. but same errors

Power+home+volue up -> takes you to recovery mode does not work for me.... and I can't get to adb as I need to enable usb debugging but because of the force closes I can't :lol: :D

what should I do now?

Edit: I have managed to get to recovery via physical keys and I'll see if problem has gone away...

Still getting the many many force closes and they keep looping. I can't access the phone at all. I tried to cle3ar data and install modaco again from recovery but this keeps happening..

I am worried now.. can anyone help? I keep getting com.android errors

thanks

Edited by jUsT2eXy

Guest legoergosum
I cleared data within recovery after installing modaco

I too got the many force closes... I tried reinstalling modaco.. but same errors

Power+home+volue up -> takes you to recovery mode does not work for me.... and I can't get to adb as I need to enable usb debugging but because of the force closes I can't :lol: :D

what should I do now?

Edit: I have managed to get to recovery via physical keys and I'll see if problem has gone away...

Still getting the many many force closes and they keep looping. I can't access the phone at all. I tried to cle3ar data and install modaco again from recovery but this keeps happening..

I am worried now.. can anyone help? I keep getting com.android errors

thanks

I had the same problem and solved it by flashing the jfb firmware again. After that I installed modaco and didn't clear the data within the recovery mode.

Guest jUsT2eXy

Hey mate. Can you link me with the JFB you used...

I am tearing my hair out at the moment trying everything ...

I really appreciate your help my friend.

Edit: I restarted my pc and odin has started working again... I hope my phone is ok after this.. I will tr modaco again without clearing data... phew...

Edited by jUsT2eXy

Guest us1111

I hear some good sounds about the lag issue.. However, this actually suprises me.. How can the lag issue be gone with this rom? Don't you still have to move files to /dbdata?

After I installed the Kitchen ROM, Google Maps Force closes. Is there anything to do, than factory reset? If even that helps...?

Edit: Made a Factory Reset. Problem solved...

Edited by JuW

Guest kmozis

Very nice ROM. After installing my phone was in some strange loop and every half a minute rebooted itself (but not completely). So I have switched it off and on and now it works smoothly. Thank you.

Guest BomG

This is the last version (exUSSR - as JFB) - i9000XWJG1 - all langs on it.

Two CSC - I9000SERJG1 is Russian.

http://narod.ru/disk/22454832000/i9000XWJG1.7z.html

If it possible - make R2 with this newest FW :)

Newest versions you will find on 4PDA forum - http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=172712

Then - on sams-web :D

Edited by BomG

Guest seraphine

I keep seeing that this is based on XJB. I'm running the Asian firmware -- can I install the XJB or will bad things happen ?

And seriously Paul, awesome that this was done so quickly!

Guest gravityz3r0
I keep seeing that this is based on XJB. I'm running the Asian firmware -- can I install the XJB or will bad things happen ?

And seriously Paul, awesome that this was done so quickly!

If you have Malaysia/Singapore firmware. Flashing XJB will remove your chinese character input, not sure if you can re-download it. Other than that, there won't be any problem. I flashed mine from Singapore firmware to Euro as well.

Guest BomG

Some CSC codes - taken from 4PDA forum:

AUSTRIA ATO

SWITZERLAND AUT

ROMANIA CNX

ROMANIA COA

GREECE COS

CROATIA CRO

CYPRUS CYO

CYPRUS CYV

GERMANY EPL

GREECE EUR

SPAIN FOP

FRANCE FTM

UNITED KINGDOM H3G

ROMANIA HAT

SLOVAK IRD

ITALY ITV

KOREA REPUBLIC KOR

IRELAND MET

SLOVENIA MOT

SWITZERLAND MOZ

SERBIA MSR

BULGARIA MTL

CHECO O2C

ISLAND O2I

ROMANIA ORO

LATVIA SEB

SLOVENIA SIM

SERBIA SMO

SWITZERLAND SUN

SERBIA TOP

PORTUGAL TPH

CROATIA TRA

SERBIA TSR

CROATIA VIP

BULGARIA VVT

HUNGARY VDH

IRELAND VDI

BELGIUM XEB

FRANCE XEF

HUNGARY XEH

POLAND XEO

CZECHO XEZ

SOUTH AFRICA XFA

SOUTH AFRICA XFC

SOUTH AFRICA XFE

SOUTH AFRICA XFM

Edited by BomG

Guest seraphine
If you have Malaysia/Singapore firmware. Flashing XJB will remove your chinese character input, not sure if you can re-download it. Other than that, there won't be any problem. I flashed mine from Singapore firmware to Euro as well.

Yeah Malaysian purchased phone, and I don't care about asian character input (or display) really...

Thanks.