Active sync keeps popping up on its own

Guest dbsimms63

Guest dbsimms63

Every so often, active sync opens up and I hate it because it interrupts my tethered internet connection. I have looked in the AS menu and schedule is grayed out, so I can't change when it chooses to open up. Any ideas on a fix for this annoying problem?

Guest chopperthedog

Do you receive email through Poutlook? If yes leave it alone. I never had it interrupt tethering but if your closing it and then tethering it will surely open again. I've tried so many different things over the years that just did not work. So the green swirl is always my friend in the task manager.

good day.

Guest dbsimms63
Do you receive email through Poutlook? If yes leave it alone. I never had it interrupt tethering but if your closing it and then tethering it will surely open again. I've tried so many different things over the years that just did not work. So the green swirl is always my friend in the task manager.

good day.

I don't have Poutlook, what is it? And when I say "tether" I mean via wifi, not USB cable. When I tether via USB, I change the setting for USB to mass storage and open ICS, never see Active sync then. But when I use the HTC Mobile Wifi router that is on my cooked ROM, it will have internet access until Active Sync turns on, then I loose my connection. Some kind of conflict between the two. I tried to install a CAB called ActivesyncKILL, but it won't load, says the program needs administrative privileges.

Guest chopperthedog

Poutlook or Pocket Outlook. Do you receive emails to device with notifications? If so activesync is necessary.

Or do you use a browser to check mail?

And I understand now. Activesync is killing wifirouter. I could never get wifirouter to work and I gave up, the only reason I tried was for my co worker if I was driving the truck that day he could surf on his LG CT810 (he has no data). But tethering with ics results in no issues for me as it does for you.

I totally remember that ActivesyncKILL cab that never worked and there is another hack to create a fake mail account so that the scheduling would be able to be edited, but that never worked either. And I also remember trying with a task manager I can't remember which one but it would kill a program once it opened but Activesync didn't like that one too. So since I have weather panel updating every hour I figured why not set up my gmail account to poutlook and leave Activesync alone and get email alerts.

I am so sorry I don't have an answer. Change thread title to "ActiveSync killing Wifirouter" maybe.

good day.

Edited by chopperthedog

Guest dbsimms63
Poutlook or Pocket Outlook. Do you receive emails to device with notifications? If so activesync is necessary.

And I understand now. Activesync is killing wifirouter. I could never get wifirouter to work and I gave up, the only reason I tried was for my co worker if I was driving the truck that day he could surf on his LG CT810 (he has no data). But tethering with ics results in no issues for me as it does for you.

I totally remember that ActivesyncKILL cab that never worked and there is another hack to create a fake mail account so that the scheduling would be able to be edited, but that never worked either. And I also remember trying with a task manager I can't remember which one but it would kill a program once it opened but Activesync didn't like that one too. So since I have weather panel updating every hour I figured why not set up my gmail account to poutlook and leave Activesync alone and get email alerts.

I am so sorry I don't have an answer. Change thread title to "ActiveSync killing Wifirouter" maybe.

good day.

I finally got ActiveSyncKill to load and its working. The program disables Active Sync until you want it, then click it and you can sync. I don't know why it decided to load, but I'm glad it did. Also AS was disabling my internet when I used PdaNet as well. Now I have three methods to use my phone as a modem...I like choices.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dbsimms63

good day.

I set up my emails, I have a gmail and yahoo account, but why and how is it using ActiveSync? I thought AS was only used to sync your phone to your laptop or PC. I didn't think it had anything to do with receiving emails to the phone.

Guest lioryte
I set up my emails, I have a gmail and yahoo account, but why and how is it using ActiveSync? I thought AS was only used to sync your phone to your laptop or PC. I didn't think it had anything to do with receiving emails to the phone.

For info on Google mail and ActiveSync go HERE.

@ Chopper, well naturally activesync would kill your WiFi, we happy ZV campers can't do it yet...

Guest dbsimms63
For info on Google mail and ActiveSync go HERE.

@ Chopper, well naturally activesync would kill your WiFi, we happy ZV campers can't do it yet...

I NEVER set up anything like that. I have a simple gmail account and set it up like my other email account. As far as I know it doesn't sync any of my information with gmail like an exchange server. I can have my gmail account search for new emails and active sync DOES NOT open.. It just opens up randomly, I will kill it through task manager, and it opens right back up. I have no clue what it is trying to sync or why.

Guest lioryte
I NEVER set up anything like that. I have a simple gmail account and set it up like my other email account. As far as I know it doesn't sync any of my information with gmail like an exchange server. I can have my gmail account search for new emails and active sync DOES NOT open.. It just opens up randomly, I will kill it through task manager, and it opens right back up. I have no clue what it is trying to sync or why.

That was just FYI :angry:

Using ActiveSync (i.e. m.google.com) for me is the way to go. I have push mail for my primary gmail account, sync all of my contacts and calendar, so I don't have to worry about storing them. The rest of my email accounts don't use it. I like it It will sync every new contact/event I make on the phone.

Again, as a long time i910 user (since day 1 it came out), This is an issue with our ROM building process, activesync will want to stay open. Don't stress yourself It's a known issue just install the kill cab or let do it's thing