new to windows mobile pleasehelp

Guest prophet_in

Guest prophet_in

i have bought b7610 3 months back it has win mo 6.1

while surfing i came across spb mobile shell installed it ,

then saw titanium , but i dont know where to download it and which version and how to install it please help

i downloaded titanium wqvga and started spb mobile shell and all my dispaly is blurry

please help

i am very new to windows mobile

Welcome aboard !

You need to upgrade your phone to 6.5.x as Titanium based feature is bundled in the upgrade. You can go to your service centre and get the software upgraded (easy and legal way) or hunt here, download of the many rom images, full and few chopped for speed and simplicity and upgrade your phone (and void your warranty possibly).

But all the crazy people on modaco are updating their phones here!

Guest angeles

Oh yeah! We are all crazy and we update our phones here. And I did not even make a back up or dumped my previous rom bwahahaha :lol:

Guest prophet_in
Welcome aboard !

You need to upgrade your phone to 6.5.x as Titanium based feature is bundled in the upgrade. You can go to your service centre and get the software upgraded (easy and legal way) or hunt here, download of the many rom images, full and few chopped for speed and simplicity and upgrade your phone (and void your warranty possibly).

But all the crazy people on modaco are updating their phones here!

thanks for your quick reply but still i am confused, i am going to upgrade to 6.5 but after that what do i have to install spb mobile shell and then titanium which version wqvga ? vga please help

Guest Freezy1982

First of all - please read the Instruction of your B7610 and a datasheet too :lol: - there you can see lots of Information about it (e.g it is a WVGA = 800x480 device) :D

If you would like to flash (upgrade) to a WM6.5 or WM6.5.x you can search this Forum for some ROMs

(Before you ask: you can see the difference betweeen 6.5 and 6.5.x in the Screenshots - If you see a Taskbar with WindowsSymbol at the bottom => It's 6.5.x)

Which version you choose depends on your needs. Have a look at free RAM and ROM / Installed or deinstalled APPs / LiteROMs / etc. and make you decision

For Flashing on XP/Vista, please read here!

For Flashing Win7, read here!

Now depending on your Question: After Flashing Titanium is installed already. You have to enable WindowsDefaultSettings (search this Forum). Then go to:

Start > WindowsSettings > Today > Items = Windows Default

SPB Mobile Shell is an independent App you can install additionally - but it's not free like Titanium

Edited by Freezy1982

Guest prophet_in
First of all - please read the Instruction of your B7610 and a datasheet too :lol: - there you can see lots of Information about it (e.g it is a WVGA = 800x480 device) :D

If you would like to flash (upgrade) to a WM6.5 or WM6.5.x you can search this Forum for some ROMs

(Before you ask: you can see the difference betweeen 6.5 and 6.5.x in the Screenshots - If you see a Taskbar with WindowsSymbol at the bottom => It's 6.5.x)

Which version you choose depends on your needs. Have a look at free RAM and ROM / Installed or deinstalled APPs / LiteROMs / etc. and make you decision

For Flashing on XP/Vista, please read here!

For Flashing Win7, read here!

Now depending on your Question: After Flashing Titanium is installed already. You have to enable WindowsDefaultSettings (search this Forum). Then go to:

SPB Mobile Shell is an independent App you can install additionally - but it's not free like Titanium

thanks again for ur qiuck reply

but still my concepts are not clear , if you could help me ? by your reply titanium is an rom? beacuse in some of ote forum the way i see after installing mobile shell i have to just copy the files in the zip of titanium to make it work, please clear my doubts sorry for my ignorance

Guest Freezy1982

As I know Titanium is included in every WM6.5 or 6.5.x - So you don't need any installation.

Forget this - It's not wrong, but I recognized, that you can activate Titanium right in your SamsungSettings (if you have a WM6.5 or above ROM installed):

Start > SamsungSettings > Display and Light > Items on Today > choose: "WindowsDefault" and you have Titanium

Ah, after reading your posts once again I think I understand your Problem: You would like to install a Skin for SPB MobileShell called Titanium, right?

Or would you only like to have This Example?

Guest prophet_in
As I know Titanium is included in every WM6.5 or 6.5.x - So you don't need any installation.

Forget this - It's not wrong, but I recognized, that you can activate Titanium right in your SamsungSettings (if you have a WM6.5 or above ROM installed):

Start > SamsungSettings > Display and Light > Items on Today > choose: "WindowsDefault" and you have Titanium

Ah, after reading your posts once again I think I understand your Problem: You would like to install a Skin for SPB MobileShell called Titanium, right?

Or would you only like to have This Example?

you get it right now, this also answers my question ,now searching for skin for spb mobile shell titanium

thanks

Guest Freezy1982

If you have any Question about installing your Skin to MobileShell, please look in SPB Forum or ask the creator of this skin (because it's not a device specific Problem) :lol:

But if you would like to have Titanium, I would prefer a ROM Flash instead of SPB, because of RAM usage (which is about 20MB higher with SPB)