Major problems with dell streak and the rebel sim.

Guest Orpheo

Guest Orpheo

Hi,

I have bought a dell streak of ebay, brand new, unused, and a rebel sim to go with it. I need that sim if I want to use it in my country, the Netherlands.

I put the 'new' sim and the rebel sim in the dell, turned it on, no correct carrier.Then I found that the phone does find my contacts, but not the carrier.

Then I took a sim of another carrier, and did it the way Rebel Sim tells me to do it. THe dell found the carrier, the contacts, good reception, butttt: I couldn't make a call, no internet (even after having adjusted the APK's)...

then I did it with the first 'new' sim, the correct way, but still, it wouldn't budge!

What can I do now to make it work? Did I screw up the rebel sim??

What I read, all the time, is No Service. Always, no Service. What did I do wrong?!

Also, chosing the correct network manually, doesn't work. It says 'sim card doesn't allow registatration on this netwerk'. which is bull, cause it IS my network.

Edited by Orpheo

Guest Orpheo

I tried to do that, but it really doesn't work.

Well, I have decided to cut my losses, ship her back to the seller, get a partial refund, and buy (from the same seller!) a true unlocked version of the phone. no rebel sim for me.

a costly, though WISE lesson learned.

Guest vinokirk

hopefully (fingers crossed) it wont be long before an unlocking solution becomes available. Any chance of you being able to do that Paul? You seem like the only person developing for the streak at the mo!

Guest rovex

I think they are being very naughty to still sell the Rebel SIM as working on the streak, when it clearly does not. They refuse to refund my money as well. Im close to threatening legal action as the thing is clearly not fit for purpose. It know its only £15, but its the principal.

Guest Dunhamzzz
I think they are being very naughty to still sell the Rebel SIM as working on the streak, when it clearly does not. They refuse to refund my money as well. Im close to threatening legal action as the thing is clearly not fit for purpose. It know its only £15, but its the principal.

in all fairness it's naughty to use a rebelsim in the streak in the first place.

Guest vinokirk
in all fairness it's naughty to use a rebelsim in the streak in the first place.

Why? What does the rebel sim actually do?

Guest Dunhamzzz
Why? What does the rebel sim actually do?

Well its a hack to modify the simcards signature and by-pass any lock put on by the original carrier. If it was allowed you wouldn't have to use a rebel sim in the first place!

I've read somewhere that you can potentially void your warranty by trying to unlock your phone.