The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.

Guest vinokirk

Guest vinokirk
@Paul:

Right so I have installed stock recovery and stock ROM and Enable USB debugging. What shall I do now?

Root the device, Install Koushs recovery then install MCR ROM?

Once I do this, what do i do when the error appears? Will it auto generate a log file?

Ok so ive done the above, but installed the pre-bake, everything seems ok so far :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
I have managed to root my device then i installed koush, then i installed the MDC ROM. But now my device hangs on the O2 splash screen, but i can hear noises in the background. I plug my usb cable in a couple of times then i get the desktop, but the message:

'The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.'

Keeps popping up all the time and the device is really slow.

Whats going on??

I have the exact same problem, but only with selfbaked ROMs from the Modaco Online Kitchen.

With the Prebaked Modaco ROM I don't have any acore issues, but a defective conacts application (also in the selfbaked ROM).

When I baked it myself, it's unusable because this acore process message appears everytime I wanna do something on the Homscreen.

Strange that not everyone is experiencing this, but only a few.

Guest maskaler

I've been getting this and I've not rooted or flashed or done anything.

It seems to have started happening since using ADW as my main homescreen, or installing ³ as my music player and including the widget on my desktop.

Aside from that I don't see what it could be. ³ seems to b0rk it the most though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spences10

This is a great guide and should be made a sticky.

I have made a .bat file to flash the image and then reboot the device so i dont have to keep tacking the back cover off of the device.

Edited by spences10

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dude1966

I also suspect ADW, have one rooted Streak.....get the error very irregular. My other Streak, very little things done to it just have ADW installed, I can invoke the error by pushing second topbar button.

I also suspect ADW, have one rooted Streak.....get the error very irregular. My other Streak, very little things done to it just have ADW installed, I can invoke the error by pushing second topbar button.

its not so much adw as home isn't running that causes the acore errors

Guest PaulVlagsma

Streaks rooted, ADW Launcher (default home).

From new boot, the tasks 'button' (top bar 2nd from left) causes the acore exception.

Fix:

Use Home Switcher to Launch to (default) Home - tasks 'button' works correctly.

Then use Home Switcher to Launch ADW - tasks 'button still works correctly.

And seems to stay that way.

Note:

1. Tasks 'button' is also (if Browser is active) 'Show bookmarks'.

2. Long-press Home is also Home Screens, and Recent Applications - same as Taks 'button'.

Guest popetodd

How about those of us with Linux boxes?

fastboot still available?

Never mind, fastboot-linux is in the recovery directory, I am just high it would seem. :D

Edited by popetodd

• 7 months later...
Guest nioupy

Well, I had the same issue : it started with "no reason". I thought my streak didn't like my Galaxy Tab as it happened after both were connected to my pc... Then I thought it may be due to something with the SDCard I removed...

Multiple power off/on wouldn't solve the issue... And Factory Reset wasn't a solution for me.

I plugged it to my pc, and used Eclipse and the Java Debugger : I came to this kind of message : SQLiteDiskIOException Disk I/O Error , caused by ContactsDatabase Helper and / or CallLogProvider.

I went to the Settings, Manage Applications and choosed the "All" tab.

There I looked for all coming close to Contacts or Call logs and cleared data...

Et Voila !

The process acore stopped stopping unexpectedly and ... arf : I lost my texts messages which is the thing i didn't want :( Anyway, my contacts were synchronised so I am quite glad :D

I hope it'll help the next people with .acore issues :D