A am kill u8230

Guest atomicus

Guest atomicus

I have u8230 android 2.1. I wanted to install it android 1.5> installed it (Download the Official 1.5 downgrade file from here: http://www.huaweidevice.com/community/serv...5490/dload.zip) and then it (U8220 HD1U822M08V100R001GBRC85B116SP01b) after this my phone freezes when you turn on the screen artifacts! Do not go into bootloader! What do I do?? I'm from Russia, badly know English Help me Please!!!

post-723643-1278008315_thumb.jpgpost-723643-1278023473_thumb.jpg

Edited by atomicus

Guest Azurren
I have u8230 android 2.1. I wanted to install it android 1.5> installed it (Download the Official 1.5 downgrade file from here: http://www.huaweidevice.com/community/serv...5490/dload.zip) and then it (U8220 HD1U822M08V100R001GBRC85B116SP01b) after this my phone freezes when you turn on the screen artifacts! Do not go into bootloader! What do I do?? I'm from Russia, badly know English Help me Please!!!

post-723643-1278008315_thumb.jpg

You have a U8230 right? But you installed a U8220 rom? U8220 HD1U822M08V100R001GBRC85B116SP01b

Try to find your origonal U8230 Rom. Or re-install the 2.1 update (That's better than this right?)

I hope that this is all that's wrong.. It looks much worse though

Guest Speckles

Try some different key sequences whilst turning on the phone, eg:

Press RED+VOL+ and then press the Power button.

Press RED+VOL- and then press the Power button.

Press RED+MENU and then press the Power button.

Do not release RED+Other key. Wait at least 10 seconds.

Guest BigBearMDC

Remember that screen?

I do!

When the Pulse Mini Eclair ROM was leaked and we flashed it our screen looked exactly the same.

This happened becuase of different boot image (I mean that T-Mo screen) resolutions.

Did you try to just let your phone lying and see if it boots up properly?

Or is it just frozen at this screen?

Guest atomicus
Try some different key sequences whilst turning on the phone, eg:

Press RED+VOL+ and then press the Power button.

Press RED+VOL- and then press the Power button.

Press RED+MENU and then press the Power button.

Do not release RED+Other key. Wait at least 10 seconds.

Press RED+VOL+ and then press the Power button. = Black screen and flashing save log on SD /dload/sd_update.log

**** SD download log ****

Failure: MD5_RSA verify failure.

Failure: operation did not succeed.

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Press RED+VOL- and then press the Power button. = artifacts on the screen

Press RED+MENU and then press the Power button. = artifacts on the screen

Guest atomicus
Remember that screen?

I do!

When the Pulse Mini Eclair ROM was leaked and we flashed it our screen looked exactly the same.

This happened becuase of different boot image (I mean that T-Mo screen) resolutions.

Did you try to just let your phone lying and see if it boots up properly?

Or is it just frozen at this screen?

it is just frozen at this screen!!!

Guest atomicus

Blinking buttons... And the following log. What can I do?

• 2 months later...
Guest dilaroid
Blinking buttons... And the following log. What can I do?

mine too. it happen when I using SetCPU apk and set minimum clock to max. after reboot, the screen just became like those screenshots above. fortunately, I still can doing fastboot on my phone. just cannot doing bootloader mode (vol up + home + power).

anyone can help us ?

Guest skandigraun

Fastboot works? Then go to recovery mode. Install amonra or clockwork from fastboot, then install a custom rom from there (red+menu+power on). Everything will be wiped, but i think it would be still better... it will be easier to start something from there.

This happend to me, The way i got it to work was, Plug in the USB, Go on the computer, put the Dload folder on the SD card.

If for some reason you cant view the SD card, Put it in a one of them card things, that go directly into the computer.

Take the battery out, Then Press

Power + End Call + VOL Up

While holding that put the battery back in.

Upgrade and done.

Use File Below.

Here.

I have done this before. And it worked for me, I dont see why it woudnt for you. Good luck!

Cheers

Edited by TGWS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dilaroid
This happend to me, The way i got it to work was, Plug in the USB, Go on the computer, put the Dload folder on the SD card.

If for some reason you cant view the SD card, Put it in a one of them card things, that go directly into the computer.

Take the battery out, Then Press

Power + End Call + VOL Up

While holding that put the battery back in.

Upgrade and done.

Use File Below.

Here.

I have done this before. And it worked for me, I dont see why it woudnt for you. Good luck!

Cheers

it's not working on my 8230. I don't know if I break the bootloader, maybe. but flashing folder DLOAD use power + vol up + home is not working. no picture / progress bar shown. just all button blinking. but flashing use power + vol down + home (fastboot) is working.

and the other problem is my 8230 always at Airplane Mode. I cannot turn it off and using GSM signal. but Wifi and bluetooth are OK.

yeah, my 8230 now just like super mini APad hehehe ...

• 6 months later...
Guest U8230@adip
it's not working on my 8230. I don't know if I break the bootloader, maybe. but flashing folder DLOAD use power + vol up + home is not working. no picture / progress bar shown. just all button blinking. but flashing use power + vol down + home (fastboot) is working.

and the other problem is my 8230 always at Airplane Mode. I cannot turn it off and using GSM signal. but Wifi and bluetooth are OK.

yeah, my 8230 now just like super mini APad hehehe ...

I have the same problem with my phone. Did you solved yours ? Please help me if you can.

Guest U8230@adip

Did you solved your phone ?

Guest shashwatyoyo

Even i am searching for an answer for this....

This thing happened to me too whwn i updates the december uupsate to try and unbrick my phone.......

I had to send this to the service centre ..... then the guyz first changed the screen then said that i have dropped my phone somewhere and there is a hardware breakdown....

But due to my fathers contacts i got my pulse replaced... :D

I dont think there is any way out of this!

Guest jeddy1
Even i am searching for an answer for this....

This thing happened to me too whwn i updates the december uupsate to try and unbrick my phone.......

I had to send this to the service centre ..... then the guyz first changed the screen then said that i have dropped my phone somewhere and there is a hardware breakdown....

But due to my fathers contacts i got my pulse replaced... :D

I dont think there is any way out of this!

there should be one! like the pulse with the timemachine first then the update and done i guess.try it once

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ganker

<arrgghh someone on this forum there is a link ti huwaei forums where u can download the downgrade file (update.app)

what i noticed was that the huwaei guys posted 2 dowgrade roms! one update.app for the pulse 8220 and one for the u8230 (the downgrade file is slighter larger)

when I had an endless loop on my u8230 using the u8230 downgrade rom worked the other did not. damn why cant i rem that posting.

Guest jeddy1
<arrgghh someone on this forum there is a link ti huwaei forums where u can download the downgrade file (update.app)

what i noticed was that the huwaei guys posted 2 dowgrade roms! one update.app for the pulse 8220 and one for the u8230 (the downgrade file is slighter larger)

when I had an endless loop on my u8230 using the u8230 downgrade rom worked the other did not. damn why cant i rem that posting.

just search all pages!i guess its ur only solution.

Guest ganker

gankers u8230 fix guide.

1) get the correct downgrade firmware (search the forum for timemachine downgrade uppdate.app etc)

u will most likely find 2 uppdate.app roms one is for u8220 or u8220-6? the other apparently works on the u8230. u will see a diffrence in size of a few KB. (find both files and save em as part of your fix kit)

2) put the update.app file in a folder called dload on your memory card (again search the forums for more info)

switch offf the phone switch on the phone in update mode (read ultimate pulse guide its the same procedure.)

3) get a rom 1.5 rom here

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Huawei_Firmware_U8230

install that in the samme manor as step 2

4) get a 2.1 rom from here (AVOID the bigger 2.1 roms if you are not sure about the ram size of your u8230!!!, flashing with a rom that is to big will send u to step 1 :mellow: )

anything under 120 mb should be safe.

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Huawei_Firmware_U8230

again install it as per step 2

5) reroot your phone and install a custom recovery (clockwork i believe is prefered on this model phone). easiest method is finding and app called z4root.1.3.0 (search for it on the net and the forums).

z4root has worked for me without a hitch. (succes may be due to my phone model) run it and follow instructions.

when z4root is done download clockwork recovery from the market. install a recovery rom with clockwork recovery. (u give recovery rom root access when it requests it, and be sure u are connected to wifi or 3g.) u may have to fiddle with recovery rom by choosing alternative rom from the menu, choose the first recovery rom b4 it installs the recover rom.

u can now backup and install custom roms on your u8230 by rebooting your phone into recovery mode (read the pulse guide or tjek the CM6 rom posts on the forum some include instructions on installing)

6) do yourself af favour and install CM6 mod plus from antonio or twork via Tom (search the forum). its a good custom rom.

7) start your clockwork recovery app (included in CM6) and do a nandroid backup.

hope this helps someone sometime.

found the two timemachines they are attached

dload8220.zip

dload8230.zip

Edited by ganker

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest luxcrypt

did u solved ur problem,

someone have a nandroid backup of U8230,

maybe will revive mine by flashing system.img via fastboot.

got the same problem, mine to is exactly the same like the picture in the friest post and I can´t make it work. and I do not have access via fastboot (huawei-pc) only SD card, I believe the only solution is Jtag but.....

same help please.

Edited by luxcrypt

Guest luxcrypt

gankers u8230 fix guide.

1) get the correct downgrade firmware (search the forum for timemachine downgrade uppdate.app etc)

u will most likely find 2 uppdate.app roms one is for u8220 or u8220-6? the other apparently works on the u8230. u will see a diffrence in size of a few KB. (find both files and save em as part of your fix kit)

2) put the update.app file in a folder called dload on your memory card (again search the forums for more info)

switch offf the phone switch on the phone in update mode (read ultimate pulse guide its the same procedure.)

3) get a rom 1.5 rom here

http://wiki.modaco.c..._Firmware_U8230

install that in the samme manor as step 2

4) get a 2.1 rom from here (AVOID the bigger 2.1 roms if you are not sure about the ram size of your u8230!!!, flashing with a rom that is to big will send u to step 1 :mellow: )

anything under 120 mb should be safe.

http://wiki.modaco.c..._Firmware_U8230

again install it as per step 2

5) reroot your phone and install a custom recovery (clockwork i believe is prefered on this model phone). easiest method is finding and app called z4root.1.3.0 (search for it on the net and the forums).

z4root has worked for me without a hitch. (succes may be due to my phone model) run it and follow instructions.

when z4root is done download clockwork recovery from the market. install a recovery rom with clockwork recovery. (u give recovery rom root access when it requests it, and be sure u are connected to wifi or 3g.) u may have to fiddle with recovery rom by choosing alternative rom from the menu, choose the first recovery rom b4 it installs the recover rom.

u can now backup and install custom roms on your u8230 by rebooting your phone into recovery mode (read the pulse guide or tjek the CM6 rom posts on the forum some include instructions on installing)

6) do yourself af favour and install CM6 mod plus from antonio or twork via Tom (search the forum). its a good custom rom.

7) start your clockwork recovery app (included in CM6) and do a nandroid backup.

hope this helps someone sometime.

found the two timemachines they are attached

I`ve try this method and doesn`t work for me, many tanks any way, I`ll keep luking for a better result.