Help sought for upgrading T-Mobile G2 Touch

Guest eiglos

Guest eiglos

I have a rooted T-Mobile G2 Touch that I'd like to upgrade to 2.1 or 2.2, currently the phone has the following:

Firmware: 1.5

Build: 2.73.405.5 MCR 2.0e release-keys

it also has CyanogenMod v1.4 +JF

could someone please give me an idea where to start to upgrade this mobile, I did the above upgrade myself but I've totally forgotten how I did it!

Many thanks

I have a rooted T-Mobile G2 Touch that I'd like to upgrade to 2.1 or 2.2, currently the phone has the following:

Firmware: 1.5

Build: 2.73.405.5 MCR 2.0e release-keys

it also has CyanogenMod v1.4 +JF

could someone please give me an idea where to start to upgrade this mobile, I did the above upgrade myself but I've totally forgotten how I did it!

Many thanks

I've just installed the MCR 4 r5 on my G2. I used the kitchen and chose the A2SD and Radio ROM as well as a bunch of other useful apps.

I started by updating the recovery to 1.6.2, then performed a nandroid backup, mounting the phone and copying this to my computer. I then repartitioned the memory card so that it was basically a new card and then mounted it to copy over the ROM, performed a wipe and then installed the update ROM with radio.

The phone restarted as if it had just come from T-mobile running 2.1

I figured that as none of the 1.5 apps will work on 2.1, a clean slate would be a good start. Turns out the apps I bought from the Market were still showing as paid, I just had to install them.