Turn by turn Nav on WWE rom....

Guest bace 88

Guest bace 88

Hi guys, REALLY sorry for the noob question, but I just wanted to be sure before I give my bro some bad info.....

bro is running completely stock 1.5, locked to 3uk, no root. He desperately wants the turn-by-turn nav in the the new google maps......is this active and working on the stock

WWE 2.1 Rom? He has no interest in rooting at all, but if its not available then I gotta have a play :D

Anyone out there running the stock Rom? The last thing I want to do is tell him to update it, find out the Nav doesnt work, and be unable to root it because of the WWE rom !!! :lol:

Cheers for the help

Bart

Edited by bace 88

Guest toxic-hero

as far as i know, the navigation only works in google maps on android 2.1. so you don't have to root the hero, only to update it to stock 2.1.

WARNING: if you do an OTA upgrade to stock 2.1 you probably wont be able to root it later.

Guest masterpfa
as far as i know, the navigation only works in google maps on android 2.1. so you don't have to root the hero, only to update it to stock 2.1.

WARNING: if you do an OTA upgrade to stock 2.1 you probably wont be able to root it later.

+1 Google Navigation will work flawlessly with 2.1 but rooting at a later date may be a problem, how long left does he have on his contract?

Guest bace 88
+1 Google Navigation will work flawlessly with 2.1 but rooting at a later date may be a problem, how long left does he have on his contract?

Think he's the same as me master, +12 months......s'ok mate, he just wants 2.1 and satnav.....he'll be more than happy with the stock Rom :)