Manila Sense 2.5 2016 for LG GM750

Guest Fsacred

Guest Fsacred

Hi everyone,

After reading the posts from SpeedFrog and Ajeshm about Manila Sense 2.5 on the Samsung section, i felt like installing this piece of software on my LG GM750, 'cos i find it great! :)

You know, i just hate the installed S-Class interface from LG and I'm definetly not fan of the SPB solution. :lol:

Ok, the whole community claims it's not worth porting this 2.5 version to QVGA or WQVGA because of some incompatible OpenGl 3D drivers, so some winphones like Omnia is declared 'not working' !

What I did is install the cab on a clean Rom, the 10c updated with the officail LG update tool, and you know what ? It's WORKING ! :D

The only issues are, because of the VGA resolution, too large icones and texts, backgrounds and stuffs, and the HTC footprint which causes an error of authenticity :D

Any other things seems to be working like a charm. I say 'seems', cause I cant see the whole screen !

So, i decided to make a small java program (somekind of a script) to reduce all the resolution's references from xml files like 'pos="0,0,480,800"' half the size to 'pos="0,0,240,400"' for exemple...

But I'm stuck, it's still showing like it's a too big (VGA like).

If someone is interressed in this thread, i'll send you pics of it, proving it's working...

I'd really appriciate any help. It's my first port, and would even be my very first contribution to the WinPhone world !

Many thanks dudes :)

Edited by Fsacred

Guest theloone1
Hi everyone,

After reading the posts from SpeedFrog and Ajeshm about Manila Sense 2.5 on the Samsung section, i felt like installing this piece of software on my LG GM750, 'cos i find it great! :)

You know, i just hate the installed S-Class interface from LG and I'm definetly not fan of the SPB solution. :lol:

Ok, the whole community claims it's not worth porting this 2.5 version to QVGA or WQVGA because of some incompatible OpenGl 3D drivers, so some winphones like Omnia is declared 'not working' !

What I did is install the cab on a clean Rom, the 10c updated with the officail LG update tool, and you know what ? It's WORKING ! :D

The only issues are, because of the VGA resolution, too large icones and texts, backgrounds and stuffs, and the HTC footprint which causes an error of authenticity :D

Any other things seems to be working like a charm. I say 'seems', cause I cant see the whole screen !

So, i decided to make a small java program (somekind of a script) to reduce all the resolution's references from xml files like 'pos="0,0,480,800"' half the size to 'pos="0,0,240,400"' for exemple...

But I'm stuck, it's still showing like it's a too big (VGA like).

If someone is interressed in this thread, i'll send you pics of it, proving it's working...

I'd really appriciate any help. It's my first port, and would even be my very first contribution to the WinPhone world !

Many thanks dudes :)

I have an LG Incite and was able to run M3D (the one for 480 x800) on it also what is needed is to edit the Mode9 files that specify 480 by 800 dimentions and possiably other edits to reduce other pngs and such. I don't have the time to do all the editing right now but if you have the time look for Mode9 editors. Other than that, I can help then I have time and good luck!

Guest Fsacred
I have an LG Incite and was able to run M3D (the one for 480 x800) on it also what is needed is to edit the Mode9 files that specify 480 by 800 dimentions and possiably other edits to reduce other pngs and such. I don't have the time to do all the editing right now but if you have the time look for Mode9 editors. Other than that, I can help then I have time and good luck!

I thank you for your answer. OK, i'll go on editing these files under mode9 dll and try it then. I'll warn you if it works :)

Edited by Fsacred