We need Legend HTC WWE 2.03.405.3 ROOT

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Glad to see things are moving on!

At last Legend will probably be rooted again :angry:

Thanks to you for testing and improving.

I can't help because I'm on vacation :/

I'm with you people :D

Guest kaska_pt
Glad to see things are moving on!

At last Legend will probably be rooted again :angry:

Thanks to you for testing and improving.

I can't help because I'm on vacation :/

I'm with you people ;)

don't worry bro, when it's done, the freakin web community will know! that's for sure! facebook,twitter,spam! whatever! :D

Guest kaska_pt

Hey Paul, give us a hand here,i think part of the job is done mate...or at least let us know if we are going the right way... tks

Guest kaska_pt

we got a give Paul some time dude...can you imagine the amount of posts in modaco that include a request to Paul? how can he be sure to see them all?? just think about it...

let us wait and see :angry:

Guest nycfrankduran

I couldn't wait anymore, seems like the legend is dead in the dev's eyes so I jumped ship and ordered a Desire. They just came out with a 1 click root solution for it...that's just ridiculous and proves the legend is a thing of the past. So long legend, hello Desire!

Guest kaska_pt
What is the point of wanting to exchange his Legend cons a Desire ?

lol...your amount of posts says it all... #1

the legend isn't rootable yet...and we are TIRED of waiting.

The Desire is THE phone of the moment. Everyone develops to it and wants to "get there first" in the desire development.

Guest loupiac45

I just wrote a message because I just signed up but that does not mean that I am not aware of what's happening!

This should be several weeks I'm too in search of root for the Legend.

Sorry for my poor English

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Legend seems to be bullshit...

Unfortunatly I'm too poor to buy a Desire or anything else (iPhone FOUR ^^)...

Well, I'll stay on Legend but this is only because I have no choice :angry:

Guest kaska_pt
Legend seems to be bullshit...

Unfortunatly I'm too poor to buy a Desire or anything else (iPhone FOUR ^^)...

Well, I'll stay on Legend but this is only because I have no choice :D

lol! why the hell would you buy an Iphone 4?????? for having network issues and having someone telling you "you're holding it wrong!" llololol

(sorry couldn't resist it mate :angry: )

Guest joeball88
lol! why the hell would you buy an Iphone 4?????? for having network issues and having someone telling you "you're holding it wrong!" llololol

(sorry couldn't resist it mate :angry: )

Good News all!! ROM versions 2.03 and likely 1.32 are now able to be rooted. Check out the thread over at XDA:

XDA ROOT THREAD

It's not available to everyone yet, but rest assured, It will be soon.

:D

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

Aaaah great!

Finally someone managed to solve our problem =)

Thanks to all the folks in here who went to XDA Forums in order to contact devs!

Few more days to wait until salvation ^^

Guest kaska_pt
Aaaah great!

Finally someone managed to solve our problem =)

Thanks to all the folks in here who went to XDA Forums in order to contact devs!

Few more days to wait until salvation ^^

I think it's a matter of hours... (but don't tell anyone...shhhh)

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

I finally managed to root it!

I had issues regarding the method with r4 from Paul... Downgrading was a piece of cake but I was not able to install the rootedupdate.zip from Paul, even after Wiping my Legend from every side xD

I finally adapt the method and I changed rootedupdate.zip from r4 by the ROM from Mdj (Here)...

Then I had another issue because the phone won't pass the HTC screen T_T

I solved this by creating an Ext3 partition on my SD Card (thanks to GParted LiveCD)!

Now I just installed LWP from Rodriguez and Fake Flash from Paul with success =)

I'm waiting for r3 Paul's Kitchen ROM but I think other devs will release other ROMs for the Legend community (or I hope so)...

A2SD is working fine and I am able to use the LED of the Legend thanks to to the app called LAMPU!

My Legend revives: I can't believe my eyes :angry:

Thanks to all the people who came on board of our Legendary boat (aha kaska_pt, it is one of yours)!

Edited by Monsieur_KaZe

Guest kaska_pt
I finally managed to root it!

I had issues regarding the method with r4 from Paul... Downgrading was a piece of cake but I was not able to install the rootedupdate.zip from Paul, even after Wiping my Legend from every side xD

I finally adapt the method and I changed rootedupdate.zip from r4 by the ROM from Mdj (Here)...

Then I had another issue because the phone won't pass the HTC screen T_T

I solved this by creating an Ext3 partition on my SD Card (thanks to GParted LiveCD)!

Now I just installed LWP from Rodriguez and Fake Flash from Paul with success =)

I'm waiting for r3 Paul's Kitchen ROM but I think other devs will release other ROMs for the Legend community (or I hope so)...

A2SD is working fine and I am able to use the LED of the Legend thanks to to the app called LAMPU!

My Legend revives: I can't believe my eyes :angry:

Thanks to all the people who came on board of our Legendary boat (aha kaska_pt, it is one of yours)!

I'm currently using the rom from Paul, and was working nicely with A2SD but i'm now having some issues after restauring my android home through my packup pro...gona see what's happening, but probably has something to do with having the stuff in the normal mode SD card...maybe restauring dalvik cache fixes it...

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

I plan to switch to Rodriguez custom ROM... I will probably do it in the next few hours.

Some reports says A2SD is buggy on it but I want to taste it myself =)

And since I installed properly an Ext3 partition on my SD Card, I think it will work correctly!

I admit it is great to downgrad to 1.31 in order to root but I would prefer a fresh root in 2.03...

Anyway, we will soon see more customs ROMS from devs all around the scene ^^

Guest Monsieur_KaZe

I already tried it ^^

It was the first custom ROM I installed (read above, I put this rom instead of the 1.31 from Paul since I had issues with it).

But I was not satisfied from Mdj since it doesn't have native support for Live Wallpapers. I added them with the Rodriguez "DLC" but it had an awesome bug: if you use LWP from Rodriguez, then you cannot add widget to your home! This is an epic fail...

So right now I just installed Rodriguez Vivid Sense. It worked and I am doing test while I'm writting this post!

I already found a bug: press "Menu" then go to "Scene" and bam, HTC Sense crashed :/

But luckily you can manage your Homescreen by going throught the settings app!

And in this ROM you can add widget even if you are using LWP!!

I will test this ROM from Rodriguez a couple of hours and then I will try another ROM. I would probably try all the ROMS for Legend since there aren't too many of them ^^

Guest loupiac45

I prefer CyanogenMod ROM 6.0.0, which is based on Froyo: Live Wallpaper, but also make applications on the SD card.

There is no HTC Sense but we can download hero clock on the market but also beautiful widget !