2.1 from swedish operator Tre

Guest 4nders

Guest Andy Veliz
swedish I cannot feed you anymore your anger for ram, going back to FLB :lol:

Hey il_cholo, did 3g worked with this rom??

Guest brack
I find this rom as a memory eater, without any app opened I have only 20mb of ram while on FLB I had up to 35-40mb......Im going back to HU+FLB

very strange, after fresh install of FLB mode I had 23Mb at max. Are you sure you are talking about ram not system storage? Never had a rom that would have 45Mb of RAM free.

Guest brack

I dont have swedish update, using FLB but your question is a bit strange since tre.se distributing this ROM i\s pure 3g operator in Sweden, would be strange if they would supply their phones with something not supporting 3g.

Guest mistercovert
I dont have swedish update, using FLB but your question is a bit strange since tre.se distributing this ROM i\s pure 3g operator in Sweden, would be strange if they would supply their phones with something not supporting 3g.

Installed the Vanilla Tre 2.1 on my T-Mobile Pulse, using T-Mobile Uk sim and I get the 3G icon coming up regularly when browsing the web. Definately the most stable 2.1 rom i have used so far.

Guest Dr Who
But back on topic.. The questions I think most people answered:

The SMS bug. Are you sending / reciving all messages?

The Freeze bug. While stress testing the market / browser / facebook can you get it to freeze?

I don't have so many friends (hence I am playing with my phone when the weather is glorious outside) but I have used the market (search for google)/browser (2 windows - bbc and email)/faceboook (not logged because I don't have one - back to the friends thing) and no freeze. Currently multitasking between dialer, messaging, maps (with gps, directions and voice navigation running), market, settings and browser and it seems fine.

This ROM seems loads faster than the MCR 1.6 I was on and my battery use seems much better, previously it was completely random and sometimes I could get home with 80% battery left and other days it would shut down on the way home with exactly the same use patterns. I think Handcent and ServoSearch were at fault for this.

I haven't used any of the other 2.1 ROMs though.

Guest robot1000

Can this be turned into a ROM to flash through recovery, that way we have all the benefits of the Hungarian 2.1 ROM but having Vanilla instead

Guest il_cholo

Negative I cannot use 3G but that is normal because of differents bands, I can left behind 3G until we got latinoamerican 2.1, 1.5 is really a pain in the ass

to use :lol:

very strange, after fresh install of FLB mode I had 23Mb at max. Are you sure you are talking about ram not system storage? Never had a rom that would have 45Mb of RAM free.

maybe I overstate a little bit because I love FLB rom but I use to have 30mb at last, I use advanced taskiller to free some ram of useless apps that keep

opening while I don´t even open them, I don´t know if this is an issue or ATK is showing me crap

I´m from Argentina so for me 3G issue was expected but as I said above I can left behind 3G until we got latinoamerican 2.1, 1.5 is really a pain in the ass

to use :D

Edited by il_cholo

Guest il_cholo
Can this be turned into a ROM to flash through recovery, that way we have all the benefits of the Hungarian 2.1 ROM but having Vanilla instead

I read that fibblesan is not intersted on this rom because is not better than HU or sort of.......

Guest Andy Veliz
Negative I cannot use 3G but that is normal because of differents bands, I can left behind 3G until we got latinoamerican 2.1, 1.5 is really a pain in the ass

to use :lol:

i guess you are right we have to wait until huawei releases some latinamerian 2.1 or maybe someone who knows how to change the 3g bands settings :S

here in chile, i have to use edge, or something like that, (it's a little E on the notification bar) and when im using it, it drops all incoming calls :D

it's really sad...

Edited by Andy Veliz

Guest goce.nakov

Tbh I used this ROM for 3 hours and imideatly get back to FLB ROM.

It is draining battery like mad.

I can't imagine to live without A2SD (only 20mb left after installing few aps)

I didn't noticed any speed improvements.

And finall it is the same crap as Hungarian :) ( it is not Vanilla)

Guest fredewis

hi people as a noob i would ust like a simple answer i am on 2.1 hun (i havent had no probs apart from it frezzing 2 time in 3 days so im happy with it mem not to bothered i only use wat i need so my question is betwen the 2.1hu and 2.1 sw which one is betr and why thankx and sorry

Guest Richard_Arkless
hi people as a noob i would ust like a simple answer i am on 2.1 hun (i havent had no probs apart from it frezzing 2 time in 3 days so im happy with it mem not to bothered i only use wat i need so my question is betwen the 2.1hu and 2.1 sw which one is betr and why thankx and sorry

I have used this rom for just about 2 days and it has been on all that time and it hasnt frozen yet and this is under heavy use, I also flashed my default custom rom that I had before installing this and that seems faster and like I said hasnt frozen

Apart from that it seems just about the same for me, about the same battery life, ram usage, etc

Oh and gps is better it took seconds to detect where I was and I was inside as well

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest whackster
Does anyone know how i would go about rooting this update ?

Thanks

Dan

I'm interested in this too, I was able to gain su using su-2.1-e-signed (allows to copy/move files using root explorer), and as far as I understand that leaves init.ro to be modified so that it has complete root acces using adb, and I have no idea how to do that. fibblesan was trying to get a2sd to work with this rom, but wasn't able to do it since the boot image is changed.

So far this is by far the most stable rom I have tested, still haven't installed lots of apps because no a2sd, but its been under heavy use for a couple of days now, and no fc or reboots, and its amazingly fast (hopefully that means there are some core changes here, not only on the .apks). As for the battery life, I really can't say I've noticed much difference from flb-mod, maybe its just a placebo effect?

So calling one of the Pulse gurus to come up with a way to root it, and possibly make a tutorial on what needs to be done, because there still are some users that want to learn new things.

If we can root this properly and get a2sd working, it would be great!

Guest jonuwz
I'm interested in this too, I was able to gain su using su-2.1-e-signed (allows to copy/move files using root explorer), and as far as I understand that leaves init.ro to be modified so that it has complete root acces using adb, and I have no idea how to do that. fibblesan was trying to get a2sd to work with this rom, but wasn't able to do it since the boot image is changed.

So far this is by far the most stable rom I have tested, still haven't installed lots of apps because no a2sd, but its been under heavy use for a couple of days now, and no fc or reboots, and its amazingly fast (hopefully that means there are some core changes here, not only on the .apks). As for the battery life, I really can't say I've noticed much difference from flb-mod, maybe its just a placebo effect?

So calling one of the Pulse gurus to come up with a way to root it, and possibly make a tutorial on what needs to be done, because there still are some users that want to learn new things.

If you want adb root access all you have to do is extract the boot.img from the update, uncompress the ramdisk, alter default.prop so that ro.secure=0, rebuild the boot.img and fastboot flash the image back to your device.

I've attached the altered boot image.

You'll need the adb drivers from this thread :

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ers-7-vista-xp/

boot with vol down + red

fastboot flash boot boot-new.img

The only reason I bothered with this is to change the mms settings in local.prop, get rid of the wifi->3G nag, change to black backgrounds, and theme framework ala cyanogen.

I don't need local root.

If you do, just copy /system/xbin/su and /system/app/SuperUser.apk from a non odexed rom, and chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

Last time I checked, a2sd was just a script that run on startup that fsck and mounts a partition on the sdcard and symlinks /data/whatever. Most of it was portability and idiot-proofing. If you don't want to move dalvik-cache, and don't mind manually copying some stuff, this is about 3-4 lines of code added to (probably) the init.qcom.sh - don't have my phone with me at the moment, so don't know the specifics.

boot_new.img

Edited by jonuwz

Guest whackster
If you want adb root access all you have to do is extract the boot.img from the update, uncompress the ramdisk, alter default.prop so that ro.secure=0, rebuild the boot.img and fastboot flash the image back to your device.

I've attached the altered boot image.

You'll need the adb drivers from this thread :

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ers-7-vista-xp/

boot with vol down + red

The only reason I bothered with this is to change the mms settings in local.prop, get rid of the wifi->3G nag, change to black backgrounds, and theme framework ala cyanogen.

I don't need local root.

If you do, just copy /system/xbin/su and /system/app/SuperUser.apk from a non odexed rom, and chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su

Last time I checked, a2sd was just a script that run on startup that fsck and mounts a partition on the sdcard and symlinks /data/whatever. Most of it was portability and idiot-proofing. If you don't want to move dalvik-cache, and don't mind manually copying some stuff, this is about 3-4 lines of code added to (probably) the init.qcom.sh - don't have my phone with me at the moment, so don't know the specifics.

Cool, thanks for clearing some stuff up, next I'll be searching on how to modify the boot image. As for a2sd I pretty much understand what it does, its' just that fibllesan already posted that he had some trouble getting it to work, so that's what stumped me.

Thank you for the boot image, will try it right away.

So this is the boot image from the Swedish update? How did you unpack it from Updata.app?

Edited by whackster

Guest ArcticFox
Tbh I used this ROM for 3 hours and imideatly get back to FLB ROM.

It is draining battery like mad.

I can't imagine to live without A2SD (only 20mb left after installing few aps)

I didn't noticed any speed improvements.

And finall it is the same crap as Hungarian :) ( it is not Vanilla)

Really?

Ive been messing with mine for 2 days now with GPS and WIFI being switched on and off, installing and removing programs, phonecalls, sms messaging and its still got 74% battery left and it hasnt been plugged up to a charger.

Guest jonuwz
Cool, thanks for clearing some stuff up, next I'll be searching on how to modify the boot image. As for a2sd I pretty much understand what it does, its' just that fibllesan already posted that he had some trouble getting it to work, so that's what stumped me.

Thank you for the boot image, will try it right away.

So this is the boot image from the Swedish update? How did you unpack it from Updata.app?

Yeah, its from the swedish rom.

to unpack the UPDATA.APP use this from ZeBadger : http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...plit-updata-pl/

You need the mkbootimg binary from here : http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/...ree;f=mkbootimg (you can probably google a pre-compiled version)

Grab split_bootimg.zip from here : http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?titl...ack_Boot_Images

The stuff below is just an abbreviated version of the page above, I'm assuming you have linux installed somewhere..

On a unix shell :

./split-updata.pl

./split_bootimg.pl boot.img

mkdir ramdisk

cd ramdisk

gzip -dc ../boot.img-ramdisk.gz | cpio -i

<edit default.prop>

find . | cpio -o -H newc | gzip > ../ramdisk-new.gz

cd ..

mkbootimg --cmdline 'mem=128M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0' --kernel boot.img-kernel --ramdisk ramdisk-new.gz -o boot-new.img

Edit : Do a nand backup

Copy boot-new.img to your windows box,

Edited by jonuwz

Guest ArcticFox

Is there any way of making it so the ringtone plays full loudness from the first ring instead of starting quiet and gradually getting louder, i cant see it in sound settings.

Guest Daniel Williamson

Thanks for the reply, im going to try this first then have ago at unpacking the boot.img, how did you flash this by the way?

Thanks

Dan