oh no.. urgent problem

Guest JamieGrossman

Guest JamieGrossman

hey guys, i upgraded to r5 from r4 after doing a nandroid update, and got stuck in a boot loop. after screwing up some nandroid restores (i didn't delete previous nandroid backups, so they got mixed up :/) i had to revert back to an earlier nandroid update on my computer when i was still on 3.2. anyway, my phone sim has now apparently been locked.. it says "SIM network unlock PIN", and i need some sort of code to unlock it.. please say this has occured before and there is an easy solution.. cheers

edit: i need my phone quite urgently and am tempted to install the official orange rom, hoping that fixes things, then reroot and apply this nandroid backup again

Edited by JamieGrossman

Guest solitair
hey guys, i upgraded to r5 from r4 after doing a nandroid update, and got stuck in a boot loop. after screwing up some nandroid restores (i didn't delete previous nandroid backups, so they got mixed up :/) i had to revert back to an earlier nandroid update on my computer when i was still on 3.2. anyway, my phone sim has now apparently been locked.. it says "SIM network unlock PIN", and i need some sort of code to unlock it.. please say this has occured before and there is an easy solution.. cheers

edit: i need my phone quite urgently and am tempted to install the official orange rom, hoping that fixes things, then reroot and apply this nandroid backup again

On orange there is a problem with the current radios, reflash one of the radios (eg 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26) from:-

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...t-for-gsm-hero/

and hopefully all should be fine again.