Problem with HTC IME from rom...

Guest P00rSpy

Guest P00rSpy

I have flashed a custom rom from the kitchen no problem, then I wanted to try HTC IME instead of my default swype keyboard (was working fine)

No problem with that, but I can not disable IME since there's no checkbox in the setup so I am not able to re-enable swype

Is there another way to switch the input back to swype I am not familliar with htc keyboard hack but I did not see anything in the menu...

Look to me that the online kitchen offering HTC IME has a bug since I can't disable it

thanks

P.S.

I know I can reflash without it, just trying to save another flash..

Edited by P00rSpy

Guest Raviff

you can switch between input methods by going into any app that has a textbox, like the browser, then press and hold your finger over a text box. you will get a pop up to select the input method.

hope it helps ^^

Guest P00rSpy
you can switch between input methods by going into any app that has a textbox, like the browser, then press and hold your finger over a text box. you will get a pop up to select the input method.

hope it helps ^^

Thanks, but the menu is not popping up, I re flashed without the keyboard, maybe due to the fact I did not wipe

Edited by P00rSpy

Guest P00rSpy
Thanks, but the menu is not popping up, I re flashed without the keyboard, maybe due to the fact I did not wipe

I re flashed with a new rom kept IME and now the menu is there, somehow my previous installation went wrong

I also noticed that since the FRF series rom Swype is working right away, I was used to uninstall and reinstall it

• 1 month later...
Guest spadewalk

hope it helps ^^

Thanks a lot !!