Missing htc widgets? /autocomplete?

Guest Chad Petree

Guest Chad Petree

Where is the the widget to adjust the brightness? all i can find is the "adjust brightness automatically" in settings , i know i could use the stock android energy control widget, but i like the htc ones =/

Is there no widget for gmail? can i combine both hotmail and gmail in one inbox widget?

Does the background sync data widget actually work? it doesnt turn itself off/on when i tap on it, what it does its sync again ( in the moment) but i doesnt turn itself "off or on" like the wifi widget for example .

Another thing that bugs me is there no "autocomplete" in peep/friendstream so i cannot tag my friends in facebook and i have to remember all the nicknames on twitter, this is really annoying i love the friendstream widget and i dont wanna have to switch back again to twicca ( the widget SUCKSSSS)

This isnt really related but i thought i should ask anyway , the music player doesnt recognize not EVEN ONE of my album covers, is this a bug? anyone else with this problem?

Edited by Chad Petree

Guest Subject Delta

RE the Music player: Probably something to do with the way your music is tagged, it recognises most of my covers just fine.

Guest Chad Petree
RE the Music player: Probably something to do with the way your music is tagged, it recognises most of my covers just fine.

i replaced all my music with new files and now they magically work, weird, i was using an sd that i used in my milestone could be that . But what about the other problems ?=/

Guest Subject Delta
Is there no widget for gmail? can i combine both hotmail and gmail in one inbox widget?

There is a mail widget, but I don't believe that it combines all of your accounts.

Does the background sync data widget actually work? it doesnt turn itself off/on when i tap on it, what it does its sync again ( in the moment) but i doesnt turn itself "off or on" like the wifi widget for example .

The power control widget doesn't actually completely stop all background data sync, it simply turns off autosync for Google, Twitter, Plurk, Flickr, and Weather. Apps can still sync data. If you want to completely turn data usage off, simply hold the power button in and select the "Mobile Network" option off, which will completely turn your data connection off. You can turn it back on by repeating the procedure again.

Guest Chad Petree
There is a mail widget, but I don't believe that it combines all of your accounts.

The power control widget doesn't actually completely stop all background data sync, it simply turns off autosync for Google, Twitter, Plurk, Flickr, and Weather. Apps can still sync data. If you want to completely turn data usage off, simply hold the power button in and select the "Mobile Network" option off, which will completely turn your data connection off. You can turn it back on by repeating the procedure again.

But that email widget is just for hotmail, theres no widget for gmail =/

I dont want to turn my data off , what i was trying to say was that the widget doesnt light up so i asume i doesnt work, i never when the sync is off or on !

Guest howlep

there is no "widget" for gmail (or email), but you can add a shortcut - long press on blank area of screen, then choose shortcut then google mail - depending on your rom, it may be under applications

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chad Petree
there is no "widget" for gmail (or email), but you can add a shortcut - long press on blank area of screen, then choose shortcut then google mail - depending on your rom, it may be under applications

theres a widget for email, but it appears to only work with hotmail =/

Guest Razor1990
theres a widget for email, but it appears to only work with hotmail =/

you can add your gmail account by using the imap settings of google.

inbox server: imap.googlemail.com

encryption: ssl

outbox server: smtp.googlemail.com

encryption:ssl

these are the relevant settings. other settings are defaulted and it just works.