Guest rex_123

Guest rex_123

The battery is dying so fast what to do to solve this problem. :lol:

Im using r5 modaco 2.1 for htc hero .

Edited by rex_123

Guest Dr. dre
The battery is dying so fast what to do to solve this problem. :lol:

Im using r5 modaco 2.1 for htc hero .

How much is it lasting for(the Battery) ?

Guest rex_123
How much is it lasting for(the Battery) ?

dropping by 1-2% each 4-5 min or litte faster on regular 3g use

Edited by rex_123

Guest Dr. dre
dropping by 1-2% each 4-5 min or litte faster on regular 3g use

A full charge should last you about a day to a day and a half

Guest TheMrMay
A full charge should last you about a day to a day and a half

I agree, mine seldom lasts more than a day.

Make sure your wifi and GPS are off, and that Weather, Mail, Twitter sync etc. has fairly wide update intervals.

Guest Skywrit3r

1-2% every 5 minutes is not normal. With my normal use the battery last for up to 48h. Heavy use 24h and in extreme cases about 12h.

The rate you are talking about I can only get if I use GPS and Listen to music over bluetooth at the same time.

Have you checked "Battery use" in the settings?

Have you checked if there is an app that keeps the phone awake and uses CPU when it's not active?

Does the battery drain at the same rate after a restart?

Guest toxic-hero
The battery is dying so fast what to do to solve this problem.

do this. my battery was also dying fast when i flashed my first 2.1 ROM. than i set my phone to "GSM AUTO (PRL)" and it lasts as it used to on 1.5.

EDIT: i've noticed that you're from USA. if you have a CDMA phone, than "GSM AUTO (PRL)" is not for you. try different settings.

Edited by toxic-hero

Guest gangreu

*Sorry about my english"

MCR 3.2 have better battery life i agree, but in my 2.1 ROMs tests, I think Modaco R5 (and R4) are best option about battery life, i tested a lot of 2.1 ROMs, and my best result was Modaco for sure.

I'm running a baked version of R5 (without lots of sense stuff), runing LauncherPro, GSM Only set, Wi-fi ON 100% time, Sync Google ON, Google Reader a lot, at least 10 text by day, 15-20 phone calls by day, sometimes Twitter (seesmic), occasional games (nothing 3D), occasional music (like 30-60min by day)...

Using my hero like above i can get between 12-16 hours of use, unplugged. When stand by (night) 1-3% by hour.

In some days when i get a heavy use (plus music, more web page...) i can get +-8 hours (heavy use)

My only bad result was with movies, +- 4 hours of movies (get this result with R4), but is ok, brightness was set to 50%.

This results it is ok for me, i'm really happy with this.

*Today i will re-calibrate my battery, so i think my battery will get better numbers.

Modaco, gratz R5 is in my opinion best 2.1 Hero Rom. Finally I can stop to search/try new roms.

Ty.

*Again Sorry about my english"

EDIT: I'm using radio-63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29 RADIO, Should i update? if yes wich radio is recommended?

Edited by gangreu

Those are pretty impressive numbers especially if you have wifi on 100%! In another post I was praising the PU radio(the one you can bake in with R5), it has improved my 3G signal a lot, i am on O2 in the UK.

Guest gangreu
Those are pretty impressive numbers especially if you have wifi on 100%! In another post I was praising the PU radio(the one you can bake in with R5), it has improved my 3G signal a lot, i am on O2 in the UK.

I need to be honest a lot of low use settings are disabled... Follow my settings (i know some settings have real minor impact on overall battery life, but minor impact is better than nothing =P )

• Not using SENSE
  • Using LauncherPro (2 homes only, 4 widgets only)
  • Autokiller (my setings are: 6MB, 12MB, 16MB, 32MB, 38MB, 42MB)
  • Autostarts (impossible to describe here, but a lot of low use apps are disabled to autostart)
  • Disable Wi-fi notification
  • Disable Mobile Always on
  • Disable Contacts sync (remenber to sync when changes happen)
  • Wheater set to 4 hours
  • Disable Google Talk auto login
  • Disable Seesmic notifications
  • Disable "Use wireless networks" in Location
  • Disable "Use my location" on Privacy
  • Disable "Automatic" in Date e time
  • Disable "Phone vibrate" in Sound & Display
  • Disable "Audible touch tones" in Sound & Display
  • Disable "Haptic feedback" in Sound & Display
  • Disable Any kind of feedback on Keyboard
  • Set "Screen timeout" to 30s in Sound & Display
  • Disable Autobrigthness
  • Set Brightness to min
  • Disable all "Notification Flash" in Sound & Display
  • Disable "Animations" in Sound & Display
  • Disable all "Messages" Notifications (btw Handcent is my main Text app)
  • Disable "System Softwares Updates" in About phone
  • Disable "Auto retrieve MMS" in text App (Here in Brazil MMS are not popular, so almost no use)
  • Set "Network mode" to GSM only in Wireless & Network > Mobile Network
  • Using a #000000 full Wallpaper

Guest rex_123
do this. my battery was also dying fast when i flashed my first 2.1 ROM. than i set my phone to "GSM AUTO (PRL)" and it lasts as it used to on 1.5.

EDIT: i've noticed that you're from USA. if you have a CDMA phone, than "GSM AUTO (PRL)" is not for you. try different settings.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm in Sweden now, so i use GSM, I will try to change the flag, :lol:

Guest JulesB

My Hero has now been running for 95 hours since its last charge and it is down to about 33% battery using the r5 MoDaCo rom. Admittedly it has not been doing much other than sitting on my desk (no calls, texts or internet use), but it does have push email running, together with WiFi and some location-based services running. I wish I could get that much life out of the Desire!