Debranding

Guest jutley

Guest jutley

Here is how to change boot logo below.

You need root, but no need to bake a rom to remove and change the o2 logo.

Make sure you have Root Permissions.

Download Root Explorer, select R/W at the top.

Copy /system/customization/BootAnimation/BootAnimation.xml to your SD card, open the file with notepad or gedit (or any other plain text editor) and change the path of the image to that you want.

OR

Do as above but replace the following image with an image you want:

/system/customization/BootAnimation/images/00.png

Edited by jutley

Guest DanWilson
hi how do we get rid of the nasty o2 logo looks horrible and replace it with the dell one i have the original o2 rom first one no root or do we need acess to bootloader first to able to apply the boot screen?

There are normally three screens that appear during boot, the first one (for the Pulse) is unchangeable without an official update. The second (ANDROID) we Pulse users can't change either, the last screen (animated) is changeable, and you do so by copying a "bootanimation.zip" to /system/media.

Sorry if this doesn't help much...

Guest mobiholic

Since the O2 logo is normally animated but on the Streak it isn't I would have to guess that the bootanimation.zip suggestion wont work BUT

When I turn the Streak on I see the following:

Nothing on the screen with the capacitive keys lit up - 6 and a half seconds

Dell Logo (the word Dell in a circle without animation) - for 2 seconds

Dell Logo (the word Dell in a circle without animation) - for 14 seconds

O2 logo (rising bubble and the o2 symbol but no animation) - for 20 seconds

Each screen is separated by a blank screen for around a second, if anything the pause between the two dell screens is longer than the pause between the second Dell screen and the final O2 screen.

I tested this twice using the stopwatch function of my galaxy S so human error and galaxy S lag could be playing a part :lol: but you should be able to repeat it yourselves.

So that to me is 3 separate screens even though the first two are the same so perhaps we can remove the O2 logo with the bootanimation.zip change.

Edited by mobiholic

Guest mobiholic
There are normally three screens that appear during boot, the first one (for the Pulse) is unchangeable without an official update. The second (ANDROID) we Pulse users can't change either, the last screen (animated) is changeable, and you do so by copying a "bootanimation.zip" to /system/media.

Sorry if this doesn't help much...

Can I assume that this requires root?

Guest knightpants

You just need to edit the /system/customization/BootAnimation/BootAnimation.xml

The image for the o2 logo is at : /system/customization/BootAnimation/images/00.png

Guest marra2

You just need to edit the /system/customization/BootAnimation/BootAnimation.xml

The image for the o2 logo is at : /system/customization/BootAnimation/images/00.png

How would I access these files please ??

Guest knightpants

Just use root explorer or any other tool to browse through the files, copy to SD card and edit on PC, then copy back. Or just use nano or other editor if you have imported into the device already to edit the xml to point to the file you wish.

Guest vinokirk

Im trying to paste my picture file in that location using ASTRO but the paste option is blanked out. Im assuming this has something to do with write protection.

How can I remove this?

Also, how can i browse my phone on my computer, not just the SD card? I've tried the MTP option but nothing comes up on my computer

UPDATE:

I used Root Explorer to rename the old one (just incase) and then to put my new 800x480 pic in :lol:

Edited by vinokirk

Guest gingernator
Im trying to paste my picture file in that location using ASTRO but the paste option is blanked out. Im assuming this has something to do with write protection.

How can I remove this?

Also, how can i browse my phone on my computer, not just the SD card? I've tried the MTP option but nothing comes up on my computer

UPDATE:

I used Root Explorer to rename the old one (just incase) and then to put my new 800x480 pic in :lol:

I changed mine using this method, do you think changing the interval time in the xml file to a lower value would speed up boot time?

Edited by gingernator

Guest gingernator
how do you rename it ? mine says cannot be renamed because the file system is read-only ?

Make sure you mount r/w within root explorer and I then changed the file name to 00.png (even though it was a 800x480 jpg)

Guest marra2

Ok I deleted the o2 pic and renamed my background to 00.png now how do I put that in the images folder cos there's no paste facility ? Sorry for being thick !

Guest marra2

Still can't get me head around this but so far I have root explorer on my phone which I used to delete the o2 png image. I then renamed my own background which is on my sd card to 00.png, I then copy this using edit then go back to root explorer to where the o2 png was but cannot paste my new 00.png there ?? Any help be appreciated guys, thanks.

Guest vinokirk

What I did was:

1. Use 'Root Explorer' and browse to the /system folder.

2. There is a button above the folder list called 'Mount R/W' click it.

3. Now navigate to your 00.png file and copy it.

4. Navigate to the /system/customization/BootAnimation/images/ folder and rename the 00.png thats there 00bak.png.

5. Paste your 00.png file in there...DONE :lol:

My device is rooted, koushed and MCR'd

Guest marra2

thanks I just figured it out I had to copy my image from my sd card using root explorer and not astro but thanks for your help.

Guest jutley

so we have done it then can someone be so kind to write a easy guide step by step here for all to see and maybe the mod can sticky the post or edit it and paste it to the top thanks.

Guest knightpants

lol. I did already before...

Make sure you have Root Permissions.

Download Root Explorer, select R/W at the top.

Copy /system/customization/BootAnimation/BootAnimation.xml to your SD card, open the file with notepad or gedit (or any other plain text editor) and change the path of the image to that you want.

OR

Do as above but replace the following image with an image you want:

/system/customization/BootAnimation/images/00.png

Guest gingernator

Here's how I changed my boot image...

1. Rooted my Streak

2. Downloaded Root Explorer from the market.

3. Used Root Explorer's move feature to copy the desired image (mine was a 800x480 jpg)

2. Navigated to system/customization/BootAnimation/images

3. Mounted r/w within Root Explorer and paste the image

5. Renamed the image to 00.png (I also changed the O2 one to 001.png so I can revert back if required)

I haven't tried any other resolutions so I don't know if it will stretch to fit but I doubt it.

Enjoy! :lol:

Guest vinokirk
so we have done it then can someone be so kind to write a easy guide step by step here for all to see and maybe the mod can sticky the post or edit it and paste it to the top thanks.

I did it two posts before yours! Check out post 19...