swedish Tre 2.1 Vs Hungarian 2.1?

Guest sniperuk

Guest sniperuk

Hey,

For all those who have recently tried the Swedish Tre 2.1 android on their pulses. Are there any major differences/improvements? compared to the Hungary version. From what i've read, a couple of posts have said that it drains the battery more.

Also, from the screen shots/video i've seen of the Swedish Tre 2.1 version, I see that it has a white/green theme running through it. Is the normal stock theme installed on it, so I could switch if i chose too.

Thanks

I'm trying out 3s 2.1 right now, the only thing that I'm noticing is annoying is that LauncherPro keeps restarting (due to memory loss?)

Guest sniperuk
I'm trying out 3s 2.1 right now, the only thing that I'm noticing is annoying is that LauncherPro keeps restarting (due to memory loss?)

Did you have hungarian 2.1 rom installed before. Or a custom one.

Did you have hungarian 2.1 rom installed before. Or a custom one.

I had my original 1.5 rom, from 3 that one as well (I live in sweden).

Guest Daniel Williamson

I am loving this new Swedish update :)

Now i have superuser permissions and can use adb to transfer and edit the build.prop i can delete all the roadsync crap thats on there, so its now even faster!

Dan

Guest sniperuk

Does the swedish 2.1 ROM, only have the green/white theme, or is the standard stock theme there too, so u can switch.

Guest whackster
Does the swedish 2.1 ROM, only have the green/white theme, or is the standard stock theme there too, so u can switch.

Not sure what theme you are talking about, but I guess you could edit build.prop to make it show black menu settings.

It's basicly Pulse UI (if I'm not mistaken) with all the pink stuff replaced with better green/white/almost vanilla color.

The Settings menu is White/green.

Edited by Guest

Now i have superuser permissions and can use adb to transfer and edit the build.prop i can delete all the roadsync crap thats on there, so its now even faster!

Dan

how do you get superuser permissions? I have just been upgrading to this ROM from the default swedish 1.5 ROM, can i get superuser permissions by doing like you did? I really want to remove all those crappy apps that huawei put in this ROM.

Guest Daniel Williamson

First of all install the amon recovery image - http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-your-device/

Then once installed put this .zip on your sd card (su-2.1-e-signed.zip) found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828

Then power on into boot loader mode - Home button + end key > power on

And when rebooted you should now have superuser permissions :)

Just one note for some reason when i restarted my touchscreen was not working but after a restart was normal again.

Initial thanks to whackster for pointing me in the right direction.

Dan

After a days use with the Swedish 2.1 I must say that I enjoy it after installing everything I need on it, including ADWlauncher - I could not stand the Pulse UI...

It would be great if we could get Apps2SD working though, I have 20 mb left, and it's not nearly enough...

Guest Dr Who

Dan

Can you give instructions on how you do this - I have used adb in the past but its all a bit hazy now and I have never tried editing the build.prop and have no idea how to cleanse the ROM of roadsync.

Guest tom619

is the swedish one better than hungary? i have hungary 2.1 on my pulse as per the instructions on this forum, but am interested to see how the swedish one runs if someone could give me instructions thanks!

Guest sniperuk
is the swedish one better than hungary? i have hungary 2.1 on my pulse as per the instructions on this forum, but am interested to see how the swedish one runs if someone could give me instructions thanks!

Yea It would be great to know if the swedish rom is better than the hungary one.

Guest Krinyo
Yea It would be great to know if the swedish rom is better than the hungary one.

I'm used both of them, currently (2 days) using the swedish one. It's better. No serious call lag, sms messages fine, skin is fine, dialer is better (i love this stock one), and so on... I think worth to change this. For me.

One seriuos problem is the low remaining memory.

If you maintain at least 20 MB memory free, then the whole system much more fluid than the t-mo version, apps starting faster, etc...

PS:

I like the contact widgets have the contact picture icon, not only the default icon. Hungarian T-Mo version only draw simple icons.

Edited by Krinyo

Guest de_shepherd
One seriuos problem is the low remaining memory.

If you maintain at least 20 MB memory free, then the whole system much more fluid than the t-mo version, apps starting faster, etc...

Can some give some info on how the amount of free memory after install compares between 1.5, 2.1HU and 2.1SE?

Guest Krinyo
Can some give some info on how the amount of free memory after install compares between 1.5, 2.1HU and 2.1SE?

1.5 ~ 80 MB, 2.1 HU and 2.1 SE is approx the same, ~40 MB

First of all install the amon recovery image - http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...on-your-device/

Then once installed put this .zip on your sd card (su-2.1-e-signed.zip) found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682828

Then power on into boot loader mode - Home button + end key > power on

And when rebooted you should now have superuser permissions :)

Just one note for some reason when i restarted my touchscreen was not working but after a restart was normal again.

Initial thanks to whackster for pointing me in the right direction.

Dan

Thanks! And how do i remove those apps now?:D

Guest Zsolabola

If it's better than the Hungarian orignal ROM and more vanilla too, the maybe someone could surpirse us with an A2SD or A2SD+ version :)

I'm using a W7 Paul ROM at the moment previously I had the Flib version but I had problems with texts (SMS) with that version

I need the A2SD support therefore to install the original TRE version is not an option, and I don't know how to make it A2SD compatible

Edited by Zsolabola

Guest whackster
If it's better than the Hungarian orignal ROM and more vanilla too, the maybe someone could surpirse us with an A2SD or A2SD+ version :)

I'm using a W7 Paul ROM at the moment previously I had the Flib version but I had problems with texts (SMS) with that version

I need the A2SD support therefore to install the original TRE version is not an option, and I don't know how to make it A2SD compatible

Its doable, we just need to read up, and ask help from the Pulse gurus :D Only the boot image has to be edited so that a2sd gets moved up the queue. There is an extracted boot image already posted, so that's one step that can be jumped, now comes figuring out how to unpack it and edit it correctly.

Guest Simon O

The reason that MMS works correctly in this ROM is most likely down to it using a newer build of the kernel than the t-mobile rom which is the base for FLB. I've succeeded in getting the Tre boot.img patched for A2SD and root, and also got it working on FLB-MOD. To run the new boot.img it needed newer wifi binaries loading onto the device.

If anybody wants to test this then download this file and use fastboot to flash to your phone. I've also provided fastboot for windows in the zip.

I'd really love some Tre users to test this boot.img out please. If you want to test A2SD then please ensure you have flashed the latest version from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715116

Very important. If you are NOT running the Tre rom then you will be stuck in a boot-loop due to the wifi binaries. Once some Tre users have verified this boot.img works for them then I'll make a flashable zip which will copy the new wifi files and flash boot.img. This should work for almost all proper 2.1 rom users (RMB2, T-Mobile HU, Tre)

NO WIPING! THIS UPDATE WILL DELETE FILES THAT ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED AND INSTALL. NO WIPE PLEASE

Current reports:

flibblesanL U8220, working

Andy Velis: U8220-6, no wifi

Edited by flibblesan

Guest goce.nakov
The reason that MMS works correctly in this ROM is most likely down to it using a newer build of the kernel than the t-mobile rom which is the base for FLB. I've succeeded in getting the Tre boot.img patched for A2SD and root, and also got it working on FLB-MOD. To run the new boot.img it needed newer wifi binaries loading onto the device.

If anybody wants to test this then download this file and use fastboot to flash to your phone. I've also provided fastboot for windows in the zip.

I'd really love some Tre users to test this boot.img out please. If you want to test A2SD then please ensure you have flashed the latest version from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715116

Very important. If you are NOT running the Tre rom then you will be stuck in a boot-loop due to the wifi binaries. Once some Tre users have verified this boot.img works for them then I'll make a flashable zip which will copy the new wifi files and flash boot.img. This should work for almost all proper 2.1 rom users (RMB2, T-Mobile HU, Tre)

I will be glad to test for you but cba to flash Tre ROM first... (I am on your 5.1 ROM)

If you have time and willing to play and make some flash able zip I am your man :)

Guest Simon O
I will be glad to test for you but cba to flash Tre ROM first... (I am on your 5.1 ROM)

If you have time and willing to play and make some flash able zip I am your man :)

Ok. Flashable ZIP here

This will upgrade Darktremor A2SD to 2.7.5 Preview Fix 2, add updated wifi binaries (no change for Tre users, required for other rom users), and finally flashes the updated boot.img.

This is a test update. I'd like Tre users and other rom users to test this and report back.

Even if it works for you, please report back. Also mention what rom you are using. This is important. :D

Guest whackster

And I've just managed to unpack the boot image, touche mr. flibblesan :)

flashing the boot image right away!

Guest Simon O
And I've just managed to unpack the boot image, touche mr. flibblesan :P

flashing the boot image right away!

:)

Tre rom users most likely won't need the flashable ZIP but it's easier for upgrading the boot image. And has the advantage of installing A2SD :D