Unboxing my Dell Streak Car Dock (now with road test!)

Guest THJahar

Guest THJahar

Well,

My car dock has arrived, so I've done a unboxing video here:

I'll be taking it out for a road test soon and will upload that as well.

I've just got back from the road test and I'm impressed the mount is sturdy and well made, with a simple yet effective locking mechanism.

video here:

Edited by THJahar

Guest THJahar

I do want to buy the standard dock, but due to the excessive price I'm going to restrain my impulses for at least 3 months in the hope that they come down to a more reasonable level.

Guest Dunhamzzz

Nice, lucky you got yours!

Mine and loads of other peoples stuff have been constantly pushed back, mines nearly a month over. It says the 9th now!

Guest kimocal

Does it have a separate power and audio out connection or do you just plug those connections directly into the streak while in the car dock?

Guest THJahar

WoW! I'm an internet sooooperstar...main page of engadget lol.

Kimocal...yes you plug them directly into the streak, there is no integrated connections in the mount itself. (hence the wooah...when you realise just what 54 quid buys yah)

Guest kimocal
WoW! I'm an internet sooooperstar...main page of engadget lol.

Kimocal...yes you plug them directly into the streak, there is no integrated connections in the mount itself. (hence the wooah...when you realise just what 54 quid buys yah)

Thanks THJahar. I'm still lusting after the Streak once it's released here... but the Motorola Droid X on Verizon is like a Greek Siren calling to me as the phone and it's accessories have some nice engineering and design thought put into them. Like it's car dock where it has separate power and audio out connectors so you don't need to fiddle with those, just pop the phone into the dock connector and you're done. Plus it also has a micro USB connector standard unlike the Streak :) Hmmm decisions decisions. :D

Edited by kimocal