Froyo Unofficially arrives on HTC Desire

Guest christonge

Guest christonge

Froyo Unofficially arrives on HTC Desire

devicea.png

udK over at XDA has posted the following videos of Android 2.2 Froyo running Sense on the HTC Desire.

It appears to be a ROM from an HTC test ROM as udK reports having removed the watermarks. It's not available just yet but it looks like we'll be getting this test build in the very near future. Check out the videos below...

Guest Phily
Does this mean we'll be seeing the Desire port on Nexus One any time soon? :)

The current Desire ports to the Nexus One (well, the Modoco ones) have issues with bluetooth etc. Surely folks wouldn't want that as their main dependable phone?

Guest squirreleater
The current Desire ports to the Nexus One (well, the Modoco ones) have issues with bluetooth etc. Surely folks wouldn't want that as their main dependable phone?

Oh I don't know, i used the Desire Rom on my Nexus without bluetooth for about 2 months! :)

Guest Erez A. Kon

I can manage shouting in my car with the speaker on :D

I am using the Desire port (R22.1) on my main phone. It is very dependable. For example, the Bluetooth simply doesn't work. :) There's more to my Nexus One than Bluetooth, though.

Guest Barry Bradford

Hey all,

Quick one re OTA Updates, Given i'm running a custom rom (R17 2.2) on my desire will this inhibit the receival of the OTA Update for Sense + Froyo or should i return to stock and wait for the update?

Cheers

B

Guest Erez A. Kon
Hey all,

Quick one re OTA Updates, Given i'm running a custom rom (R17 2.2) on my desire will this inhibit the receival of the OTA Update for Sense + Froyo or should i return to stock and wait for the update?

Cheers

B

If you really need/want Froyo, you need to return to stock for OTA. However, there are a number of way to manually install a Froyo ROM (search here or XDA).

Guest Barry Bradford
If you really need/want Froyo, you need to return to stock for OTA. However, there are a number of way to manually install a Froyo ROM (search here or XDA).

BUGGER!!!!

Was hoping to get my stock Telstra A183 FW from shipped roms but looks like he's in a bit of trouble

Could someone upload the stock Telstra FW if they have it?

Much appreciated

B

Guest Barry Bradford
BUGGER!!!!

Was hoping to get my stock Telstra A183 FW from shipped roms but looks like he's in a bit of trouble

Much appreciated

B

Guest foxmeister
Eric Lin @ HTC announces that Froyo for Desire not coming until Christmas

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/34139/htc-...elays-explained

Sorry, but you appear to have *completely* misread the article!

At no point does anyone say the Froyo for Desire isn't coming until Xmas.

What is said is that Eric Lin believes that HTC will be done with Froyo updates before Christmas.

What does this mean?

Well, for starters, he's referring to HTC devices as a whole, and is not singling out the Desire. As a flagship device, you can almost certainly expect the Desire to get Froyo before other devices in HTC's portfolio.

Secondly, before Christmas could mean tomorrow (July 8th) or Christmas Eve (24th December), or any date in between.

Thirdly, he said:

I don’t think you’re going to see that really long six month, seven month lag, like you saw in the updates from 1.5 to 2.1, simply because it’s a less severe change

Switching from 2.1 to 2.2, they made a lot of tweaks, but they didn’t make any gigantic changes, so it should be a much swifter process.

I really don't expect to be waiting for Froyo on the Desire beyond September this year.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by foxmeister

Guest bcmobile

I wouldnt expect an OTA from Telstra any time soon - at least not for a while after the 'unbranded' handsets get it. Im pretty sure by the time Telstra get around to updating their FW, there will be dozens of other options.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.