Few teething problems

Guest CharlieBareham

Guest CharlieBareham

Hello!

I am new to these forums, I have come from XDA after a year and half with my T-Mobile G1, so I am not new to rooting Android phones and installing recovery images. However I seem to be having a problem with the recovery image and the new 4399 update that has been released. I don't think I am the only person, unless they have fixed their problem without posting a solution from reading around the rest of this forum.

I flash the Superboot image to gain root which as far as I can tell is successful and then I flash the new recovery. However, firstly am I supposed to just take out the batter after it says recovery downloaded? It says it was been written correctly and I have no idea what I am supposed to do after. Secondly, whenever I boot into the recovery I get four options, white text on a black screen. I select "Update.pkg" as described and it just takes me to a black screen and I have to take the battery out again to reboot.

Is there something I am doing wrong here? All the command prompts say successful, however the phone does not seem changed.

Thank you for taking time to read this!

EDIT: Apologies, apparently I misread one of the posts and I cannot straight away flash the updated recovery, I have to flash the first release first. Either that or the img is broken. Sorry for using up space.

Edited by CharlieBareham