Rejecting a call with auto-message

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

I am fed up with receving phone calls from some people trying to speak to me, which wouldn't work as I am deaf.

Is there a way to get my HD2 to answer the phone and automactilly run a voice file to reply to the user to stop calling me or whatever? Kinda like answer machine with a greeting.

Thanks,

Guest andybarker

I presume using your network's voicemail isn't an option? Some networks allow you to stop accepting messages, so it acts as you are describing.

Guest tsutton

Thanks for the reply.

I would rather for my HD2 to tell them, perhaps giving them my e-mail address so they can e-mail me, rather than allowing them to leave me a message which I can't listen to anyway.

I know nothing about voicemail or how it works because it's something I do not use at all. So I'm a n00b at this. :)

Guest andybarker

Some voicemail systems allow you to set up a pre-recorded message as normal, but not allow people to leave a message. I guess it is often for the purpose of people on holiday for example, but would be perfect for you.

What is your network?

Guest andybarker

Just had a play with the T-Mobile voicemail system (I'm on T-Mobile too). They don't have the option to not record a message, but you can leave your own greeting on the voicemail system.

So the best I can suggest is that you (or get someone else to do it for you) sets up a greeting message saying "I can't receive calls as I am deaf, please email me at [email protected]".

Then on your phone you can set it up to forward ALL calls to the voicemail system (or you could be more selective and forward only those you reject, etc.).

Only downside I can see is that people can still leave you messages, and your phone will tell you when they do. Someone will then have to go to the voicemail system and delete the messages for you (I suppose you could just dial the VM system and press 6 every few seconds to delete any messages that have arrived).

Guest tsutton

Thank you for looking into this. How do I set it to record it, i.e. what number do I dial to record it?

Then I will ask someone to speak to it for me.

Cheers.