I9000XWJG3 now available!

Guest Sim-1

There is only fixed the Swype/SMS issue. I think no other changes. The speed is same as they say in XDA`s forum..

Edited by JuW

Guest aeo087
There is only fixed the Swype/SMS issue. I think no other changes. The speed is same as they say in XDA`s forum..

Well that's great news for those who just want to have a stock firmware I guess...

Guest Darkstriker

Tried this. I wiped, flashed and got a force close on swype. Then i wiped again just to make sure and again got a force close on swype. I don't think this one is an improvement at all. Seems like the ROMs are getting more in stead of less buggy :S

Guest mickeko
Tried this. I wiped, flashed and got a force close on swype. Then i wiped again just to make sure and again got a force close on swype. I don't think this one is an improvement at all. Seems like the ROMs are getting more in stead of less buggy :S

These are inofficial firmwares, obviously they're gonna contain bugs. Seems sort of like nightly builds of any kind of software to me.

Guest aeo087

STAY AWAY FROM THIS FIRMWARE! I tried to install 3 times, Odin gets stuck in the middle of the process... scared the crap out of me!!

Guest krotwijk

Firmware works great on dutch vodafone.

Swype, sms works. No stalling in 3 hours heavy use.

More than 50 apps on device

Guest mimocan
Firmware works great on dutch vodafone.

Swype, sms works. No stalling in 3 hours heavy use.

More than 50 apps on device

which CSC file did you use krotwijk? I also have Vodafone NL but after installing this firmware I can't seem to get protected apps etc.

Guest krotwijk
which CSC file did you use krotwijk? I also have Vodafone NL but after installing this firmware I can't seem to get protected apps etc.

I used THE one included in the zip.

Pincode login is russian, but after that, everything is in dutch except bookstore

Guest ^nighthawk^
I used THE one included in the zip.

Pincode login is russian, but after that, everything is in dutch except bookstore

Just remember to reboot your phone after the flash.

Guest hihihehe

is it really stall free?

i think just a quick fix for swype problem

i don't want to lose all my apps AGAIN to flash a small fix firmware :)

Guest zenkinz
STAY AWAY FROM THIS FIRMWARE! I tried to install 3 times, Odin gets stuck in the middle of the process... scared the crap out of me!!

you are the only one that should just stay away since most of us have no problem.

just don't misled the rest.

Guest aeo087
you are the only one that should just stay away since most of us have no problem.

I hadn't seen much feedback about this firmware... now i'm worried i'm the only one who wasn't successful. I went to JFF since this one failed to install for me.

I'm gonna stick around on JFF for a bit for a bit, I'm liking it a lot so far.

Guest bigbadwolfie

Absolutely!

Guest Gregor A.

Also here, I can see that the device is much more faster...

Yes it is much more stall free...

But one question, on wipe / recovering to factory settings I see an error like:

can not access to system/.. bla bla bla

It is normal?

And a second question, do I need really remove all cards (SD and SIM) before start flashing?

Edited by Gregor A.

Guest Andrew Luecke

The phones seem difficult to brick anyway. For me, things messed up when I tried JG1 (probably because I didn't repartition), and the phone booted up the phone to an exclamation mark and corrupt firmware. However, it seems that the download mode is in a secure part of the phone ODIN doesn't touch (or can't, hopefully its stored on a ROM chip). Because whilst I had to pull the battery to get it into download mode, it was possible...

Has anyone actually investigated the device enough to determine if there is a realistic way to accidentally kill downloader mode yet (without having to at least unlock some kind of mechanism to do so)? Because it may be that most components have been designed to be foolproof somehow..

But either way, there doesn't seem to be any reports of anyone permanently killing their galaxy S using odin yet. And at 300 downloads of the Monaco R2 ROM, it appears to be an unlikely scenario (unless you go and overclock, but even then, it's possible the CPU protects itself from overheating and shuts off).

Edited by Andrew Luecke

Guest ^nighthawk^

I've had a few stalls and random app crashes since loading this firmware. Just letting people know.

Been using it since the 8th or 9th.

Edited by ^nighthawk^

Guest speedofheat

Installed this yesterday. Has been working quite well. The phone seems smoother now compared to the stock fw it came with. I havent really stress tested it yet. Will post more impressions once its loaded with apps.

Edit: Can I root my phone with this fw installed?

Edited by speedofheat

Guest Wardski
Installed this yesterday. Has been working quite well. The phone seems smoother now compared to the stock fw it came with. I havent really stress tested it yet. Will post more impressions once its loaded with apps.

Edit: Can I root my phone with this fw installed?

What is the general opinion of this rom? I'm still on the Australian version JF3, and wanting to tinker after being a custom rom junkie on my N1.

Does anyone know if this will work on an Australian Galaxy S (Optus)?? I'm assuming the radio will support 2100 UTMS?

Guest lekkereloempia
Will this FW work with the MoDaCo R2 ROM or is it still only JG1?

I also want to know this.

Edited by lekkereloempia