Help with market apps not showing on JG1+r2 please

Guest Daley87

Guest Daley87

Hi lads, first of all big thanks to Paul for making root so easy to get on the Galaxy S. Ok now my issue, I did a hard reset, then flashed JG1 with odin, all went well, then flashed the prebake of r2 and again everything went well, I then ran the MCR script for Market JF5, after the phone rebooted I went into the market to find I still could not see any of the protected apps, not sure how to fix it, tried the process 3 times in total now and come up with the same results so instead of trying and failing for a 4th time I have decided to beg for knowledge on this matter.

If it helps I am in the UK and on o2 network, the Galaxy originally had slightly branded orange software but was not locked to the network. Any help at all is appreciated, thanks.

Guest aeo087
Hi lads, first of all big thanks to Paul for making root so easy to get on the Galaxy S. Ok now my issue, I did a hard reset, then flashed JG1 with odin, all went well, then flashed the prebake of r2 and again everything went well, I then ran the MCR script for Market JF5, after the phone rebooted I went into the market to find I still could not see any of the protected apps, not sure how to fix it, tried the process 3 times in total now and come up with the same results so instead of trying and failing for a 4th time I have decided to beg for knowledge on this matter.

If it helps I am in the UK and on o2 network, the Galaxy originally had slightly branded orange software but was not locked to the network. Any help at all is appreciated, thanks.

So, I had this problem and it magically got fixed after a while.... I only ran the marketspeedup script and the JF5 script... try clearing the market's cash, then reset, and then search for asphalt. That worked for me, It'd be interesting to see if it works for you too.

Guest Daley87
So, I had this problem and it magically got fixed after a while.... I only ran the marketspeedup script and the JF5 script... try clearing the market's cash, then reset, and then search for asphalt. That worked for me, It'd be interesting to see if it works for you too.

It's also magically fixed haha, just before I read your post. Below is how I think I did it.

I went into market and downloaded a task manager just so i could kill market when I needed to.

Ran MCR scripts and changed back to JG1.

After reboot I killed market with task killer, then went into manage apps.

Went onto the market app and uninstalled updates (this also cleared cache).

Then ran MCR to change to JF5, after reboot all is well.

Edited by Daley87

Guest Daley87
It's also magically fixed haha, just before I read your post. Below is how I think I did it.

I went into market and downloaded a task manager just so i could kill market when I needed to.

Ran MCR scripts and changed back to JG1.

After reboot I killed market with task killer, then went into manage apps.

Went onto the market app and uninstalled updates (this also cleared cache).

Then ran MCR to change to JF5, after reboot all is well.

ARRGHH! Back to square bloody one, accidentally hit the lag fix script in MCR, which i didn't want, couldn't reverse it so re-flashed my phone thinking I could just recreate the accident that made my market work, not a chance, no matter what I do it just wont show up the apps.

Guest aeo087
ARRGHH! Back to square bloody one, accidentally hit the lag fix script in MCR, which i didn't want, couldn't reverse it so re-flashed my phone thinking I could just recreate the accident that made my market work, not a chance, no matter what I do it just wont show up the apps.

hahahaha It was probably easier to undo the lag fix... just hope that it magically works again; make sure you run the JF5 script last, i think that's key... (might be wrong though)