Exchange Email Support via free Work Mail app

Guest f_alvarado

Guest f_alvarado

I am really looking forward to getting this monster in the US. But having access to my work's Exchange email is a must! So when I read that the Streak didn't do Exchange right out of the box I got a bit worried. So off I went to spend countless night using El Google to find me an alternative.

Looks like this might be an old app, but nevertheless it's something that I have been looking for. It's an app that came with the HTC Magic and it eventually found it's way on to the interwebs. The app is called Work Mail, and it lets you connect to Exchange email server. It doesn't connect to Exchange calendar, but for free, it's definitely a very good find.

Here is the link to the article

http://www.nexeo.net/?p=93

Here is a link to the app

http://www.nexeo.net/android/Mail.apk

Since I still don't have a Streak to play with, the next best thing was to try the Android 1.6 Emulator. I was able to download and install it and it work like a charm! Got system notifications and everything.

Hope other people find this useful.

Guest JimiB

Hey,

I just downloaded this on my streak, but when I try to install via the package manager it just returns "work mail could not be installed". Do you have an alternative installation method?

Jimi

Guest shEEEsh

I don't remember the name, but I found an app for exchange in the "market." I think I searched the word mail rather than email when I found it.. It was FREE though.. I just did that search again but can't remember which one it was.

Diane

Guest f_alvarado
Hey,

I just downloaded this on my streak, but when I try to install via the package manager it just returns "work mail could not be installed". Do you have an alternative installation method?

Jimi

Since I don't have a Streak yet, I haven't tried it yet, but I was able to install it in the Android 1.6 emulator. I just opened up the browser, typed in the link to the .apk file, downloaded it and installed it. I found a youtube video of a guy walking thru the install process. Here is that link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIb0vp_Lzxs

I really hope this app works on the Streak... Fingers crossed you can get it to work!

Guest adamwalker13

Not working I'm afraid :)

Just tried on my fresh unrooted streak to no avail...

Just get the 'Work Email could not be installed.' message

Guest Eric.Druse
Not working I'm afraid :)

Just tried on my fresh unrooted streak to no avail...

Just get the 'Work Email could not be installed.' message

Problem! "work mail could not be installed"

• 2 weeks later...