How much RAM available for your Streak?

Guest zigzagindex

Guest zigzagindex

Hi all,

I got my dell streak from dell.co.uk the day before last. This device works like a charm. I installed some good apps including SystemPanelLite following some good posts in this forum. I noted that the memory available for my streak is around 100M, which is pretty low. There are many inactive Apps that 'eat' the memory and it is troublesome to 'kill' them one by one.

Please could you let me know how much free memory your streak generally shows and any possible good solutions to optimise the RAM, thanks in advance and have a nice weekend :) .

Guest craigdabbs
Hi all,

I got my dell streak from dell.co.uk the day before last. This device works like a charm. I installed some good apps including SystemPanelLite following some good posts in this forum. I noted that the memory available for my streak is around 100M, which is pretty low. There are many inactive Apps that 'eat' the memory and it is troublesome to 'kill' them one by one.

Please could you let me know how much free memory your streak generally shows and any possible good solutions to optimise the RAM, thanks in advance and have a nice weekend :) .

if i killed all the stuff i didnt need i get around 220mb, but i only ever kill something now if its eating cpu in the background. Linux handles memory better than windows so you can have 10meg free and it will run the same as it did with 200. Android will start killing off apps if it starts to run out of memory also. So just kill stuff in the background if its eating a fair bit of CPU

Ive installed OSmonitor to keep a eye on this as it puts a cpu monitor in the notification area, astro file manager also has a process monitor too.

Guest zigzagindex
if i killed all the stuff i didnt need i get around 220mb, but i only ever kill something now if its eating cpu in the background. Linux handles memory better than windows so you can have 10meg free and it will run the same as it did with 200. Android will start killing off apps if it starts to run out of memory also. So just kill stuff in the background if its eating a fair bit of CPU

Ive installed OSmonitor to keep a eye on this as it puts a cpu monitor in the notification area, astro file manager also has a process monitor too.

Many thanks for your info.