MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rowanparker
OK ... just how!? I have tried with rootexplorer and 'android mate' and using adb commands but the htc lock screen persists WTF! :)

Try from recovery.

Guest klutsh
OK ... just how!? I have tried with rootexplorer and 'android mate' and using adb commands but the htc lock screen persists WTF! :)

boot to clockwork recovery

clear cache

goto partition menu > mount system

using adb

adb shell rm /system/app/HtcLockScreen.*

reboot phone

[note]

The Desire although rooted, still only ever has read access to /system unless in recovery.

Edited by klutsh

Guest FatherD
boot to clockwork recovery

clear cache

goto partition menu > mount system

using adb

adb shell rm /system/app/HtcLockScreen.*

reboot phone

[note]

The Desire although rooted, still only ever has read access to /system unless in recovery.

Thanks both rownparker & klutsh ... I was almost there, just needed HtcLockScreen not htclockscreen :)

Cheers for your help guys

Guest syklitengutt

Have some trouble here.

Cant get mobile network to work and phone totally locks itselfe sometimes when I try to install apps.

So I tried to downgrade, but when Im about to do the step2-windows.bat it fals saying, cannot stat files : No such file or driectory

-exev /system/bin/sh failed no such files or directory.

What do I have to do to be able to install modaco 3.1? I can go into bootloader and get to bootloader and recovery by pressing volume up and power and then have 4 options:

reboot

aplly sdcard update.zip

wipe data/factory

Qipe cahche partition.

Help please.

Guest Noonski

Oke here's the zip file i'm using to fix the issues that i can fix.

The Zip Includes

BuildProp for Missing Paid Apps in Market.

klutsh apns-conf.xml fix for APN setup.

Wifi-N fix

HSDPA missing Icon Fix + Colourfull icons for Taskbar + Curcle Percentage Battery (only found this together and it also adds a few coloured icons to a few menu's, Which sucks but i'm don't know how to easily edit and sign .apk files)

Black HTC Peeping Droid Boot screen.

1. If you don't want the Black HTC Quietly Brilliant Bootscreen with the Peeping Android

Remove The "customize" folder from System.

2. If you don't want the Coloured Icons and Circle % Battery remove the "framework" folder from "System"

Removing this will also NOT FIX the missing HSDPA icon.

Add the update_signed.zip to your Prebake.

THE update_signed file IS NOT SIGNED SO DO NOT FLASH THIS IN RECOVERY.

Have some trouble here.

Cant get mobile network to work and phone totally locks itselfe sometimes when I try to install apps.

So I tried to downgrade, but when Im about to do the step2-windows.bat it fals saying, cannot stat files : No such file or driectory

-exev /system/bin/sh failed no such files or directory.

What do I have to do to be able to install modaco 3.1? I can go into bootloader and get to bootloader and recovery by pressing volume up and power and then have 4 options:

reboot

aplly sdcard update.zip

wipe data/factory

Qipe cahche partition.

Help please.

Try the Fake Flash Method.

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...e-without-a-pc/

update_signed.zip

post-285186-1278809532_thumb.png

Edited by Noonski

Guest Vulpix
Oke here's the zip file i'm using to fix the issues that i can fix.

The Zip Includes

BuildProp for Missing Paid Apps in Market.

klutsh apns-conf.xml fix for APN setup.

Wifi-N fix

HSDPA missing Icon Fix + Colourfull icons for Taskbar + Curcle Percentage Battery (only found this together and it also adds a few coloured icons to a few menu's, Which sucks but i'm don't know how to easily edit and sign .apk files)

Black HTC Peeping Droid Boot screen.

1. If you don't want the Black HTC Quietly Brilliant Bootscreen with the Peeping Android

Remove The "customize" folder from System.

2. If you don't want the Coloured Icons and Circle % Battery remove the "framework" folder from "System"

Removing this will also NOT FIX the missing HSDPA icon.

Add the update_signed.zip to your Prebake.

THE update_signed file IS NOT SIGNED SO DO NOT FLASH THIS IN RECOVERY.

Umm sorry for the dumb question, but what exactly do I do with this file if I can't flash this in recovery? I'm kinda noob to this, though I managed to root my phone and flash this ROM.

Guest Noonski
Umm sorry for the dumb question, but what exactly do I do with this file if I can't flash this in recovery? I'm kinda noob to this, though I managed to root my phone and flash this ROM.

At the bottom of the Online Kitchen there's an option to add a personal Zip file to the Bake.

Just Browse to the file and it will be added into your Custom Rom.

Maybe some one can help me with getting the File Signed and tested to be flashed through recovery.

You could flash it in Clockwork Recovery after disabling the Check for Signed updates. (Toggle Signature verification)

But be sure to make Back up with Nandroid first.

It was accepted when I did it, but I already had it in rom so can't say for sure.

But it works it's wonders being added to your custom bake as a zip file as the whole rom get's signed on the server.

Edited by Noonski

Guest Vulpix
At the bottom of the Online Kitchen there's an option to add a personal Zip file to the Bake.

Maybe some one can help me with getting the File Signed and tested to be flashed through recovery.

You could flash it in Clockwork Recovery after disabling the Check for Signed updates. (Toggle Signature verification)

But be sure to make Back up with Nandroid first.

It was accepted when I did it, but I already had it in rom so can't say for sure.

But it works it's wonders being added to your custom bake as a zip file as the whole rom get's signed on the server.

Got it, thanks. I'll wait for someone to get it signed first then. Most of my paid apps are available, but that one game, Meteor Blitz (paid) can't be found. And to think I went through all that rooting and flashing just to get that game on my SD card. :)

Guest coolanukool

Sorry for a newbie query :-

Can i flash this ROM using the same steps on my Nexus One too ?

If yes , Is there an change in the steps?

Guest Noonski

@Paul

If Disabling Sense/Rosie in custom bakes works this great (no Errors and Force closes since my first bake)

Maybe you can also get rid of:

WidgetDownloadManager.*

htcbookmarkwidget

HtcCalculatorWidget.*

htccalenderwidgets.*

HtcClockWidget.*

htccontactwidgets.*

htcmailwidgets.*

htcmsgwidgets.*

HtcPhotoWidget.*

HtcProfilesWidget.*

HtcRingtoneWidget.*

htcsettingwidgets.*

HtcSyncWidget.*

com.htc.FMRadioWidget.*

com.htc.MusicWidget.*

When disabling Sense as an option. These aren't needed then anyway.

I will remove them tomorrow see how everything holds up and report back.

Sorry for a newbie query :-

Can I flash this ROM using the same steps on my Nexus One too ?

If yes , Is there an change in the steps?

I wouldn't do it :)

Edited by Noonski

Guest rameses
It's in the thread. Paul did add quick fix but it isn't working.For now you have to use another BuildProp that you can flash afterwards or add to the extra bake zip.

I checked but the option is greyed out ATM (myself I don't need it)

I've done a new a bake with the build prop from an earlier post and I'm still unable to see some apps in the Market that were visibile when I had the r21 ROM. I'm fairly sure the build prop change worked as my phone now says "passion user" in the software details section in Settings.

I might try another bake using Noonski's update.zip, but if it's the same version of the build prop will it make any difference?

The app I'm trying to download, Shake Them All, is a free live wallpaper (I guess it might have been removed from the Market altogether but I have no way of checking).

Another small issue I've found is the hands on the HTC analogue clock widget disappear if I navigate away from the home screen and back again. I have to re-add the widget to get them back. Not a big deal but quite annoying.

Guest Arthur Hucksake
@Paul

If Disabling Sense/Rosie in custom bakes works this great (no Errors and Force closes since my first bake)

WidgetDownloadManager.*

htcbookmarkwidget

HtcCalculatorWidget.*

htccalenderwidgets.*

HtcClockWidget.*

htccontactwidgets.*

htcmailwidgets.*

htcmsgwidgets.*

HtcPhotoWidget.*

HtcProfilesWidget.*

HtcRingtoneWidget.*

htcsettingwidgets.*

HtcSyncWidget.*

com.htc.FMRadioWidget.*

com.htc.MusicWidget.*

I will remove them tomorrow see how everything holds up and report back.

I wouldn't do it :)

Any chance of pointers on changing the lock screen to the default Froyo one? I prefer it, looks alot nicer IMO. I usually use LauncherPro anyhow, i'm not a Sense fan.

Guest ourfear
@Paul

WidgetDownloadManager.*

htcbookmarkwidget

HtcCalculatorWidget.*

htccalenderwidgets.*

HtcClockWidget.*

htccontactwidgets.*

htcmailwidgets.*

htcmsgwidgets.*

HtcPhotoWidget.*

HtcProfilesWidget.*

HtcRingtoneWidget.*

htcsettingwidgets.*

HtcSyncWidget.*

com.htc.FMRadioWidget.*

com.htc.MusicWidget.*

thx, i will try now :-)

can i use launcher pro replace the launcher2 directly to the rom?

Edited by ourfear

Guest klutsh

Yes or you can use the patched Launcher2 I posted earlier in the thread.

Guest rameses

Tried this and it looks to have flashed OK, but when I try to boot the phone it hangs at the black boot screen after the peeping Android animation.

Guest ourfear
Yes or you can use the patched Launcher2 I posted earlier in the thread.

i like launcher pro. so i need to rename launcher pro to launcher2.apk and replace it in rom?

now i baked a rom, with only 3 options

1. "Core"

2. "Core Additions for Desire"

3. "Include Radio Image"

is it working as a pure froyo style as R21?

also i noticed "system\etc\clockwidget", can i remove this folder?

Edited by ourfear

Guest klutsh
i like launcher pro. so i need to rename launcher pro to launcher2.apk and replace it in rom?

now i baked a rom, with only 3 options

1. "Core"

2. "Core Additions for Desire"

3. "Include Radio Image"

is it working as a pure froyo style as R21?

also i noticed "system\etc\clockwidget", can i remove this folder?

Not quite, a lot of unneeded htc files are still left.

Work is being done to remove as much of this as possible.

Guest Silvarbullit

Can anyone confirm if the included radio update is safe for the A8183 model? (i.e. the Telstra branded retail 850mhz model)

Can you use the image without the radio update if it is not safe?

Anyone tested?

Guest seaders

just a quick one, as I haven't seen anyone else mention it (fair enough, I haven't read every post, but I have skimmed quite a bit), I went from DJ Droid's first release to this, choosing to include nearly all the Sense stuff. unfortunately when it installed, nothing from Sense worked. Rosie / Sense was in the installed apps, but HTC Sense wasn't and therefore the only launcher I could use was the Stock one and I couldn't have any Sense widgets on my screen either. I eventually did a full wipe and reinstall which brought it back, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

thx Paul, great, great work and as others have said, I much prefer having a MCR on my phone rather than near anything else from't internet.

Guest Noonski

Right now I'm removing it all through ADB thanks to klutch his simple explanation and reassurance.

But i think you mean that you want to add in Launcher Pro into the personal.zip to overwrite Launcher2.apk

Might also try that, but I don't know how this will affect updates for LauncherPro.

I can live atm moment removing Launcher2 after having installed LauncherPro.

Maybe a good request for Paul to replace Launcher2 because of the Phone issue (even if it can be patched).

LauncherPro is getting more and more rock solid and you can set the Phone or any shortcut mannually in it.

I think i'm gogin to try and wright a Batch file to remove everything in one go through ADB for the moment.

Guest ourfear
Not quite, a lot of unneeded htc files are still left.

Work is being done to remove as much of this as possible.

could you share your removed file/folder list?

can i remove htcLockScreen.apk from this rom file too?