MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Diggedy
the green tint bug should go away if you've updated your radio (baseband).

I have the latest radio it was the first thing I did when I rooted. Ive had several roms, some have the bug some dont. Pauls doesnt but with the fix zip that someone put together in this thread (noonski?) the bug reappeared. So somewhere along the line during the fixes we might see this bug rear its head

Guest nekromantik
I have the latest radio it was the first thing I did when I rooted. Ive had several roms, some have the bug some dont. Pauls doesnt but with the fix zip that someone put together in this thread (noonski?) the bug reappeared. So somewhere along the line during the fixes we might see this bug rear its head

So you got the newest leaked radio that was released with DJ Droid's ROM few days ago?

You need that radio not the latest official radio.

Guest Diggedy
So you got the newest leaked radio that was released with DJ Droid's ROM few days ago?

You need that radio not the latest official radio.

yeh i only rooted a few days ago when I saw the droid rom, that was the turning point for me :)

Cheers, that's great. If we've applied some of the other fixes ourselves from other ROMs, will it do any harm to apply yours? I'm only wondering because I'd apply it anyway for the other minor fixes you've included.

There should be no problem applying mine over the top.

There's a good chance they're done in the same way TBH anyway (altho I did them myself, because I prefer to know exactly what the cause / fix is for these things!)

P

Guest Vulpix
Enjoy. :)

No wipe required if coming from previous R4 WIP.

P

Changelog

r4 WIP refresh

• Network Location fix
  • launcher2 phone icon fix
  • WiFi N patch as per liamstears findings
  • FRF91 Stock Froyo APN settings

Is there supposed to be a download link?

Guest Paulo Nobrega
If in doubt, the radio is an optional kitchen selection!

P

ok.. good to know that... Gonna bake a new one and feedback any problems i find :)

Good job.. Again :D :P

Guest Vulpix
It's aaallll in the kitchen.

Working on some FRF91 merges atm. :)

P

Awesome! Any possibility you could provide a zip for those who do not want to bake again? I would like to just have the zip to flash instead of flashing the rom.

Guest Noonski

Will you also be adding in a few of the options you had in the MCR3.1 and R21 ONline Kitchens like Jit and a few other options?

(Because then I will wait a bit and not help overloading the Server :))

Guest Paulo Nobrega

LOL.. baking list is big.. ehehe.

Meanwhile.. I was looking at ROM Manager app and i noticed there, on extras, that Superuser 2.2.2ef is available..

Is it of any in interess to install it? or is it even good to do it?

Does the latest include the market/build.prop fixes to rectify the slow market/missing paid apps?

I'm gonna look into that now, in theory it's already masquerading as a FRF85B N1 so it shouldn't be having issues!

P

Guest Spellcaster Lukian

Following up on battery life, using the first WIP release, I'm looking at about 5hrs 30mins tops (wifi news reading).

I'm uncertain how this compares to the stock ROM as I've only had my Desire for a week.

What battery run times are other Desire users familiar with?

We don't need to include the radio update if we've already applied it from a previous bake, do we?

Edited by Spellcaster Lukian

Guest Ali Hussnain
Damn, I need to get my loadbalancing servers in! :)

re: superuser 2.2.2, i'll include that in the next refresh.

P

Hi Paul

What about the wallpapers? And you are going to add something more today?

Hussnain

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Damn, I need to get my loadbalancing servers in! :)

re: superuser 2.2.2, i'll include that in the next refresh.

P

ok.. Great... Then I not gonna overload the server for now... To many ppl on waitlist...

ehhee

Guest DiscoHero
Enjoy. :)

No wipe required if coming from previous R4 WIP.

P

Changelog

r4 WIP refresh

• Network Location fix
  • launcher2 phone icon fix
  • WiFi N patch as per liamstears findings
  • FRF91 Stock Froyo APN settings

Just flashed. So far flawless ... running Sense-less:

- Launcher works

- Location works

- APN works

My router crashes when running in N mode only, so I can't confirm N mode.

Any chance we can get % battery mod? Highly useful.

Thanks!

Guest brosk

Hi, I flashed the R4 yesterday and it's been working great. Today on my way home I discovered something though, some people in my contact list had dropped their profile pictures that I had synced with facebook. I even tried removing the Facebook account in sync settings and applying it again, no go. And it only happens to some people, and it started out of the sudden on my way home.

Rings any bells?

Edit: Applied the new refresh also and didn't help.

Edited by brosk

Guest Bol2riz
Hi, I flashed the R4 yesterday and it's been working great. Today on my way home I discovered something though, some people in my contact list had dropped their profile pictures that I had synced with facebook. I even tried removing the Facebook account in sync settings and applying it again, no go. And it only happens to some people, and it started out of the sudden on my way home.

Rings any bells?

Edit: Applied the new refresh also and didn't help.

Just perform a refresh in Facebook tab in contact app

Edited by Bol2riz

OK peeps, i've just flicked the switch on a 3 server load balanced kitchen, you'll see in post 2 that your ROM could be built by either Delia, Gordon or Pepsi.

Let's see what happens. :)

P