MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest AsaTai

I was so....TOO :D

Hi all. Is anyone having any trouble flashing this build? After I wipe everything and flash the image the phone reboots and seemingly hangs at the white HTC screen. No "Quietly brilliant".

Based on the default selections, I did the following:

Selected Development Tools

Removed Titanium

Removed Wavesecure

Removed Wifi Status Indicator

Selected A2SD+ ONLY

Selected Exchange Fix

Included Radio Image

Anyone have any clues?

SDEXT was formatted as well as the others. This was a factory reset/wipe.

While I'm here, thanks for the hard work Paul.

Edit: I had previously tried out "r4 WIP" and updated the radio before using nandroid to restore back to what I had. Now that there have been a few fixes, I'm trying out this build again. I know I previously updated the radio and have selected it again in this bake but there's no harm in that, eh? :)

Edit again: The partitions are set up correctly, have been using it for a good while.

Guest peetah
Hey Peetah I think this is because the rom doesn't include any HSPDA logos. Maybe check with the speedtest.net app to see if your speeds are 3G or not.

Also I'll check next time I know i'm somewhere that has really good telstra reception and report if my HSDPA isn't working either.

Thanks, I'll try some speedtests when I get home before I try reflashing froyo.

Doesn't look like an icon issue.

Ran speedtest and got around 2000+ kbps on 2.1.

About half an hour later, updated to this ROM (r4 WIP refresh 2), freshly baked with new radio update, 370kbps.

Am using a Vodafone sim on a Telstra handset but this was the case for both tests. Still connecting at 3G so doesnt look like a frequency issue.

Also, doesn't the HTC IME include the "hide keyboard" button? When I bake with this option checked I get a keyboard without the hide keyboard or options button. Haven't really played around with keyboards so not familiar with where this kb is from. Quite new Android :)

Guest afiorillo
[...]

Also, doesn't the HTC IME include the "hide keyboard" button? When I bake with this option checked I get a keyboard without the hide keyboard or options button. Haven't really played around with keyboards so not familiar with where this kb is from. Quite new Android :)

To hide any Android IME just press the "Back" hard key.

Guest sub69
I was so....TOO :)

Is everyone remembering to wipe davlik-cache too?

The option is in the "advanced" menu of Clockwork Recovery.

I had problems booting when I forgot to do this...

Edited by sub69

Guest peetah
To hide any Android IME just press the "Back" hard key.

the new keyboard doesn't have the 'hide' button, that's why :D

Explains alot. Thanks for the swift replies :)

Wifi sleep policy did not work on Djdroids rom...

as a matter of fact its not working on any Froyo Sense UI rom.

The sleep policy I'm specifically referring to is "never sleep", which definitely works for me on DJ Droid. I still haven't had a chance to test wifi on this ROM.

Guest mrshark
Is there anyway to replace the HTC lockscreen with the default Froyo lockscreen? That would be lovely! :)

may the search be with you, Luke...

already answered...

Guest Chandler3224

Yep, am wiping the dalvik cache. At a loss here. I'm pretty much clearing everything but the contents of the (fat32) SD Card.

Guest Hammerhand

I think I have one more bug: weather widget sometimes appear to be dead; some times, when I unmount the sd and then I mount it again, widget is there but nothing appears, and it doesn't do anything. I erase it, I add it again, and it works...

Also, I've been reading but I don't know if it has been fixed: does facebook for htc still try to sync continously in r4? Does the market work well? With this release, when I try to install some apks from the market, the desire downloads it but it stays in 100% forever and I have to cancel it (and I can't install)

Edited by Hammerhand

Guest dchuraman
Explains alot. Thanks for the swift replies :)

i thought you had to turn it on in the settings, and then change the keyboard by long pressing on a text field? that got the hide button up for me

Guest AsaTai

Same ~~ :)

Guest Chandler3224
Wipe cache, and remember your SD has to be partitioned for FAT32 THEN the EXT2/3 partition!

P

The layout of the SD card hasn't changed. I was previously running "MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF91"

That works lovely but switching to this bake seems to crap out for me.

Guest sorchard

Perhaps I am being thick, but even though I ensure that Spare Tools is selected, it never appears on my phone.

I have everything else selected apart from Car Panel, Amazon MP3, Wavesecure and not including the radio image. Using A2SD+ too.

Is this the case for anyone else?

Edited by sorchard

Guest Nicke

Please... i cant get mobile data working.

What should i try? This makes the rom unusable now.

I flashed r4 wip a couple of hours ago. I did wipe and factory reset (had MCR 3.1 before).

Today i flashed the new r4 wip with the fixes.

Got mobile data working temporarily but now i just get "Connection error" in settings.

Guest dchuraman
Perhaps I am being thick, but even though I ensure that Spare Tools is selected, it never appears on my phone.

?

do you mean development tools or spare parts? I have spare parts in my app list

Edited by dchuraman

Guest ZiCoN

@Paul

Could the "include radio" be an option you need to check rather than uncheck?

I forgot to clear that twice now.. just wanted to update the system :S

Guest sorchard
do you mean development tools or spare parts? I have spare parts in my app list

I included both, but only see Development Tools.

Guest Jamsi

I installed this ROM and restored missing apps from Titanium backup. Everything seemed to work flawlessly until I tried the browser. When I try to enter various sites, the browser starts loading the site but then suddenly crashes without any pop-ups.

Anyone have suggestions how to fix this, before I head home to fully wipe my device and go for another flashing...??

Guest Sharmankin

Greetings, Paul. I have written here before, but nobody has answered me. I cannot include the files in rom...

I do a correct file zip. This file has been integrated in r3.1. Without problems.

Answer please when there will be a possibility will add own files again it is accessible for r4?

Mmm, this should work, what's the error?

P

Errors are not present, files easier are not added, in downloaded rom they are not present...

rom it is established correctly, but established files are absent in rom.

If to open downloaded rom via winrar that files which I added, no

I test it on 3 PC with different browser and OS (Windows Family)

Edited by Sharmankin

Guest Makkhdyn
I installed this ROM and restored missing apps from Titanium backup. Everything seemed to work flawlessly until I tried the browser. When I try to enter various sites, the browser starts loading the site but then suddenly crashes without any pop-ups.

Anyone have suggestions how to fix this, before I head home to fully wipe my device and go for another flashing...??

I had a problem like this once. I went into Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Internet and I cleared the cache.

It fixed the browser crashes.