MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Chandler3224
For me unchecking the "Exchange fix" option did the trick, the new release is booting now flawlessly. :)

Interesting, will try that now

Guest Bol2riz
It seems that I'm not the only one getting stuck on the HTC screen. I wonder if we can figure out what it common in our problems. I wouldn't know where to start though...

I've spent almost my all day to restore my phone after having format(ted?) my SD with rom manager and trying to reinstall.

Each times I faced that issue I've got to boot the phone without the SD.

I think it's format related then I've decided to flash amon RA with unrevocked2 to format ext 4.

And now I'm ok and able to restore my nand bakups too.

Guest theateam1979
For me unchecking the "Exchange fix" option did the trick, the new release is booting now flawlessly. :)

Thanks that has done it for me :D saved me going through and trying to find the culprit :P

Guest crewone

Is it normal with sense roms that SetCPU settings are totally ignored? (I made a setcpu profile with max 800Mhz, but the device still went up to 998Mhz)

Guest AsaTai

yes i have choose a2sd+ and partitioned with ext

sounds like an issue with sd card partition. did you choose a2sd+? do you have partitioned with ext ?

Guest EddyOS
Is it normal with sense roms that SetCPU settings are totally ignored? (I made a setcpu profile with max 800Mhz, but the device still went up to 998Mhz)

SetCPU isn't in this ROM (could be wrong, mind)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest battletank

I think the kernel determines whether or not under/overclocks can be set.

Guest Chandler3224

BOOM. Well done that man!

Booting and everything. I could cry.

So, why is the exchange fix causing the problem? Anyone? Bueller?

Guest Kaare

I just noticed Maps is put on system partition. Won't that make updating it later a bit of a hassle? It's one of the Google apps that get frequent updates.

Guest miguelsanchez79

[Edit by Paul: Please don't post your own builds online... as the kitchen is constantly changing in build up to release, this will lead to lots of different versions in the wild with inconsistent features / problems.]

Guest Ajthescot
As pre-bakes are still not avilable in the kitchen I uploaded one to rapidshare.

If anyone want to try R4 with A2SD+ with some stuff removed (flikr, friendstream, pdf viewer, plurk, stock, amazon, peep, footprints) you can get it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/406726004/r4-b...bbd8fb.zip.html

It contains froyo lockscreen (found it more comfortable then HTC one).

This is just ROM. Download latest radio seperate.

:)

does this come with the alarm bug with it having a different lock screen .

i have used different lock screens before and they had the alarm bug .

Guest miguelsanchez79

Im not sure. havent checked it yet

Guest Surfinette

I believe this is normal, unfortunately... SetCPU requires a modified kernel to work properly.

Please don't post your own builds online... as the kitchen is constantly changing in build up to release, this will lead to lots of different versions in the wild with inconsistent features / problems.

P

Guest tk1978

this is not a bug...this will enver work. the alarm clock app from sense requieres the lockscreen from sense. install an alarm app from the market and it is solved..

Guest Chandler3224

People, don't quote the rapidshare link to the build. That'll just make the problem worse :)

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.

This build is working all lovely now except for the slow market problem. Have run the faster market script but it still seems sluggish. Anyone have this problem at first?

Guest dancedreamfly

I still have the constant sync icon and my weather widget is showing 'Current location' instead of my actual location.

Coming in next version (online tomorrow morning):

r4 WIP next (NOT YET ONLINE)

• Stock LatinIME keypad now optional
  • HTC style lock screen now optional
  • build.prop fix (this IS already live)
  • Stock Android MMS app now optional (replaces HTC Messaging app)
  • Stock Android Gallery 3D app now optional (runs alongside HTC Gallery app)
  • Superuser 2.2.2 update

I would like to also include the stock Contacts app if possible.

P