MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest miguelsanchez79
Please don't post your own builds online... as the kitchen is constantly changing in build up to release, this will lead to lots of different versions in the wild with inconsistent features / problems.

P

I do apologise.

won't do that again

Guest EddyOS
Coming in next version (online tomorrow morning):

r4 WIP next (NOT YET ONLINE)

• Stock LatinIME keypad now optional
  • HTC style lock screen now optional
  • build.prop fix (this IS already live)
  • Stock Android MMS app now optional (replaces HTC Messaging app)
  • Stock Android Gallery 3D app now optional (runs alongside HTC Gallery app)
  • Superuser 2.2.2 update

I would like to also include the stock Contacts app if possible.

P

Sounding good Paul, will give it another blast after the (ahem) failed first ROM posted a few days ago - lol!!! :)

Something to look into (if you have time)...when removing Flickr from the ROM and booting the first time the option is still there to select to set it up. Twitter option goes if you remove so wondering why Flickr doesn't. I know how to remove it (the default.xml file in /customize/CID) but thought it wouldn't show it if not there to open

Edited by EddyOS

I made another slight change to the kitchen, I symlinked /system/etc/hosts to /data/etc/hosts. I'm curious as to whether this will allow ad blockers that use the hostfile to function...?

P

Guest Paulo Nobrega
any news on whats causing the constant sync?

yep... my is also constant sync... damn symbol does not disappear even with sync off.. LOLOL

Guest mrshark
I added ASE and the Market Speedup script to the kitchen.

P

please, where's the thread on "modaco scripts" that you cited on changelog? thanks

Guest Paulo Nobrega
And here's a patched version of AdFree that *should* work with this ROM (not had a chance to test it)... uninstall existing version if present before installing this one! :)

DOWNLOAD: http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/com.big...roid.adfree.apk

P

i get an error replacing hosts file.. Like always did...

Edited by Paulo Nobrega

Guest Paulo Nobrega
i get an error replacing hosts file.. Like was did...

But, i forgot to mention, today i didnt baked any ROM.. Didnt had the time for it.. Only the one from yesterday.. dont know if that helps :) Im gonna bake it in a few hours :D

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Just tested, seems to work for me! :)

P

that's great... I really missed that app since my Hero.. ehehe..

Im gonna bake tonight soon as i get home.. ehe

Guest Slyevo
Just tested, seems to work for me! :)

P

Hi Paul

Will we be looking forward to one of your special prebakes soon (Evil Laugh) one sounded great.........

I'm new to the Android modding scene since coming from I8910 symbian platform & HyperX.

Thanks

Mark

Guest Surfinette

Paul,

It would be great if you could you add to the kitchen a modified kernel so that

Setcpu can work with your ROM?

Because the Perflock Disabler function of setcpu doesn't work with Froyo.

Thanks

Surfinette

Guest klutsh
I would like to also include the stock Contacts app if possible.

The Contacts app build from source run's, but I'm getting a few error's when sync is done.

The ContactsProvider throws a FC as it's trying to sync with HTCContacts.

Guest Hampa_D
And here's a patched version of AdFree that *should* work with this ROM (not had a chance to test it)... uninstall existing version if present before installing this one! :)

DOWNLOAD: http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/com.big...roid.adfree.apk

P

made my desire reboot, just saying but it might be something else (sorry for my first post beeing cranky)

Guest Hammerhand

Mmm maybe I didn't explain well so nobody answer to me :) :My wired earphones doesn't seem to work in my phone, neither are recognized, I don't know if it is a ROM bug or just mine; I wiped before flashing...

Edited by Hammerhand

Guest Chandler3224

Aaaand with ASE everything is now working again. Weird, I had run the script before but nothing happened. I reflashed with ASE included and it works lovely. Brilliant. Nice job Paul and many, many others!

Guest ritdaw
BOOM. Well done that man!

Booting and everything. I could cry.

So, why is the exchange fix causing the problem? Anyone? Bueller?

No idea why its causing a problem. I provided the fix to paul as I thought it might help some guys out. I only pushed it to an existing r4 install, so no idea why it causes a boot issue. Paul might be able to shed some light. Far beyond my skills!

Guest Entreated
Any chance of getting the slide left and right to answer/reject call instead of slide up/down??

Yeah i find this fairly annoying happend to me today, took my phone out of my pocket and it auto answered to call to a number i never knew trying to offer me a loan to pay of exisiting debts (none to date).. Bit of a stupid answering system if you ask me, especially in situations like i experienced today.

Will be following this thread with great detail as it gets updated daily, waiting for a stable release before i jump in on this :)

The work load that is going into this Rom will surely be well praised when it is completed xD

Guest Hammerhand
My earphones are working amazing.

Thanks! I am not alone :) Well, so it's not a general bug; anybody has any idea of what should I do?

Edited by Hammerhand