MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Noonski

I did another Bake and the personal.zip file still wasn't added to the bake.

But at least it went through wflashing wothout any issues. As in not stuck at HTC Screen.

Edited by Noonski

Guest Hammerhand
Mmm my desire doesn't recognize the htc earphones... anybody else suffers the same issue?

Well, maybe can help to say that I rebooted -> now it works perfectly; sorry for being tedious

Guest Jamsi

I have to say that this is one helluva Forum!! First of all Paul is doing fantastic work constantly developing these ROMs and stuff!!

But also all the rest here who share their knowledge and work for the rest of use to use....

THANK YOU.....and keep up the good work!!! :angry:

Guest dezmo
Dear Paul!

Is there any chance that u add the Contacts App.

i will be very appreciated

Pavel

I would like to ask it too... or at least sort by last name in HTC's contacts ... :angry:

Edited by dezmo

Guest LouiS22
Sync is working fine here, for those with Sync issues are you removing FriendStream?

Nope, it's in my ROM (never removed any of the sync things, just to make sure).

Guest Noonski
Not quite sure why that would work?

I should stop doing drugs and pay closer attention, my bad.

Wait a minute I wasn't doing any drugs, I just misinterpreted, thought you where talking about my suggestion, sorry bro my bad.

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Vibrate and also Blue LED for notification is working in Handcent... Though I must tell you that I'm using a closed beta version, and restored it with Titanium Backup (I've upgraded from latest MCR). Are you sure they're not working? Did you disable the stock messaging app, and also correctly set up Android settings? There's a test your notifications service in Handcent, you may want to try with that.

vibration is working on Handcent but the LED stopped working... I cleaned the cache and also made a full wipe last night... wasnt working... when i applied the new ROM today it didnt solved the LED problem either...

@Paul, did u had the chance to read what i posted about the Adfree??/

thanks

Guest Sharmankin
Greetings, Paul. I have written here before, but nobody has answered me. I cannot include the files in rom...

I do a correct file zip. This file has been integrated in r3.1. Without problems.

Answer please when there will be a possibility will add own files again it is accessible for r4?

Errors are not present, files easier are not added, in downloaded rom they are not present...

rom it is established correctly, but established files are absent in rom.

If to open downloaded rom via winrar that files which I added, no

I test it on 3 PC with different browser and OS (Windows Family)

That addition of files in wearing zip a file correctly worked it is necessary to place in a root folder of a disk on your computer

Itself has asked, itself has responded

I am sorry for nasty English, the translator used online

Guest FatherD
It'll only appear after a wipe FatherD in this instance... install MoreLocales from the Market to set it otherwise!

P

Cheers Paul,

Had to do a thorough wipe though, as i met with the 'quietly brilliant' stop .. factory reset/cache/dalvik-cache, then reflash the new bake and all went well.

So far i have:

All the social networking stuff removed.

Google sync, pop mail, UK locale working .. and all the paid apps showing up in the Market.

No problems with WiFi, APN or syncing

HtcLockScreen removed

Circle battery with % (and wifi-n although not needed, as included in bake)

Absolutely rock solid 117Mb internal space

Around 260MB RAM spare after task panel has done it's bit.

37-40 Mflops in linpack.

Well done Paul and all those who have got us this far in such a short time :angry:

Guest dchuraman

its funny how some people have no problem with constant sync, yet with mine its bugging the hell out of me! i cant work out what it could be

vibration is working on Handcent but the LED stopped working... I cleaned the cache and also made a full wipe last night... wasnt working... when i applied the new ROM today it didnt solved the LED problem either...

thanks

Yeah, will bake a ROM and check it out in the morning. :angry:

P

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Yeah, will bake a ROM and check it out in the morning. :angry:

P

thanks man... gonna take some coffee out of home. away from computers.. LOL...

u guys should do the same.. ahaha...

gn8 :D

Guest FatherD
its funny how some people have no problem with constant sync, yet with mine its bugging the hell out of me! i cant work out what it could be

Could it be one of the social apps like facebook, plurk, flickr .. I exclude all of them and get no sync problems!

Guest dchuraman
Could it be one of the social apps like facebook, plurk, flickr .. I exclude all of them and get no sync problems!

so do it! no social apps at all! i do actually want facebook so ive run it without and with and no change for me

Guest Paulo Nobrega

on my current bake i only have facebook...

i was having sync issues... the symbol was always there.. dont know what it was but i wiped the cache partition, disabled automatic sync and then enabled it again...

baked a rom only with facebook and restarted...

my Desire then sync my gmail acounts and the symbol disappeared... all seams good now with sync...

Guest woti17

thanks

same here, hostfile cannot be replaced - unvoluntary reboot

maybe because adfree wants to change /etc/hosts (symlink /etc to /system/etc) and not /data/etc/hosts?

or we should replace the host file with a custom one with adb in recovery and don't update adfree as seen with the adfree at xda before?

w

Check you have a /data/etc/ directory, if not, create it, then try again.

Note you have to use MY PATCHED ADFREE linked above, not the market one.

P

Guest Paulo Nobrega

P

create that folder on SD card???

On the app u shared it says "symlink from /data/data/hosts" not etc

Guest woti17

P

both are correct (patched adfree and /data/etc)

both hosts files /etc/hosts and /data/etc/hosts are 25 byte and permissions are 644

w

Guest liamstears

P

Please help me paul, even if its a pm if you dont want public and then I will not post publically!