MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Blackfish79

Hi all

For the last three days the rom works fine, but now the phone don't go in standby mode anymore (running time and active time is ever the same) and the battery drops 30% in 2h without any user actions.

Wifi, bluetooth and Sync is turned off...

Guest Pieronip

Probably more an app issue but I mention for information. Juice Plotter does not plot any charge/discharge stats. Perhaps Froya keeps the stats in a different location?

Guest slaguru
Hi all

For the last three days the rom works fine, but now the phone don't go in standby mode anymore (running time and active time is ever the same) and the battery drops 30% in 2h without any user actions.

Wifi, bluetooth and Sync is turned off...

Odd

Mine has been displaying a better battery life since the new ROM. I will keep a close eye on it.

Guest Surfinette

Is anyone using JuiceDefender (+ paid version UltimateJuice)?

This great app doesn't work correctly anymore since I upgraded to this ROM (from Android 2.1)

Do you face a similar issue?

Please help me paul, even if its a pm if you dont want public and then I will not post publically!

Since you've not downloaded from the kitchen, perhaps you don't have the latest version.

P

Paul, I don't think you have an HSDPA icon included with this package, can you please include it in future? Thankyou

Also, an option to install the super circle battery mod found at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724778 would be awesome.

I plan to include the HSDPA icon, but not the circle battery mod (not my thing personally, and MCR is about staying 'stock').

P

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. I notice email or sms notifications would cut off playing music. In all the other roms I have used, the music will transition back after the notification sound has ended, but not on this.

Yeah, will look into this but not sure it's something I can fix...

P

Hi!

I'm just flash r4 WIP.

But, I can not found korean language option, when the setting screen appeared after the first boot.

When i use other 2.2 sense rom, they have korean option.

Is there no korean support in r4 WIP version?

Thanks!

Use 'MoreLocales' from the market for now...

P

Guest dedreiix
Are you still getting hsdpa speeds? On this Rom I'm not getting hsdpa speeds, but on 2.1 I am.

I have the same problem too.

With the 2.1 ROM it worked perfectly but now I cannot get a hdspa connection. Always only 3g.

Guest kayceejayh
I have the same problem too.

With the 2.1 ROM it worked perfectly but now I cannot get a hdspa connection. Always only 3g.

It's not that you're not getting an HDSPA connection, it's because the 'H' logo is missing, so it doesn't show. If you look in the Network section of the 'About Phone' in Settings you'll probably see 'HDSPA'. Paul is including the H logo in todays build.

K

Guest dedreiix
It's not that you're not getting an HDSPA connection, it's because the 'H' logo is missing, so it doesn't show. If you look in the Network section of the 'About Phone' in Settings you'll probably see 'HDSPA'. Paul is including the H logo in todays build.

K

Hm... maybe I should have made a speed test before complaining about it? :angry:

Thank you anyway.

Paul.. Is there a way to remove the default messaging icon from the phone or a way not to install it thru kitchen ???

It'll break 3rd party apps if you do I believe...

P

Guest Diggedy

Paul I noticed in a ROM on xda that these is a fix for the battery level dropping rapidly after taking it off charge. It was done by someone named Paul. Was this you and either way do you intend to include it as I get this bug all the time.

Guest HugoQueiriga

Paul thanks for your effort there with the ROM.

I was wondering if we could have a post with summary of known bugs, and start crossing out ones that have been fixed.

This will help with new users that want to try the ROM.

I'm more than happy to track bugs and change my post to reflect those.

Guest HugoQueiriga
Paul I noticed in a ROM on xda that these is a fix for the battery level dropping rapidly after taking it off charge. It was done by someone named Paul. Was this you and either way do you intend to include it as I get this bug all the time.

I updated yesterday night the rom, and I no longer experienced that issue, it show F for a few minutes of use and then starting lowering correctly.

Guest Surfinette
QUOTE(Diggedy @ Jul 14 2010, 10:08) *

I updated yesterday night the rom, and I no longer experienced that issue, it show F for a few minutes of use and then starting lowering correctly.

I can confirm that updating to the latest version of the ROM solved the full battery issue for me as well :angry:

Guest encrypt

I've just paid for the premium service and I'm using it.. it's very fast and stable.

Paul, please uncomment this line in the kernel to support LOOP devices:

"CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=y"

Just uncomment it... this is needed if we want to chroot properly... more info here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723493

Other request:

You could add Adobe Reader as an optional option to the PDF reader. :angry:

Thanks and cheers...

Edited by encrypt

Guest squrl
Paul thanks for your effort there with the ROM.

I was wondering if we could have a post with summary of known bugs, and start crossing out ones that have been fixed.

This will help with new users that want to try the ROM.

I'm more than happy to track bugs and change my post to reflect those.

How about we start a MCR bugzilla or something?

Guest EddyOS

Random finding:

Tried, twice, to download a ROM and twice at about 70% it rebooted my PC!! Don't know which server it was off of, sorry but thought I'd let you know

Guest DiscoHero

A couple more observations:

- In call icon/button to switch between headset/speaker doesn't appear to be working correctly. At least on mine, it didn't switch icons and felt laggy ... had to hit it a couple of times to get a result. Have to try a couple more times to confirm as it could be some occasional weirdness.

- Battery life is a bit of a concern as it is much lower than 2.1 ROMs. Mine dropped to 80% in 4 hours!